Ban hammer is ready

many people on the forums are now threating the community that they will throw the games… well blizzard has the ban hammer ready for them…

jeff warns all people today to do that:

1 year of data and they will easily find out when you throw…

86 Likes

You can see the zealous excitement in his eyes when he says “…full group ready to go.”

-Just start hammerin’

49 Likes

Hey, I remember a “discussion” I had where some folks tried to say throwing like this wasn’t against the rules…

Maybe they should see this video :slight_smile: Glad Jeff has confirmed what a lot of us already knew to be true

24 Likes

No fun allowed i guess.

9 Likes

Since when is throwing considered to be “fun”?

47 Likes

The subsequent low ranked matches are hella entertaining. Oh well.

3 Likes

They have definitely been banning people a lot lately. Every day I’ve logged in for the past week I’ve gotten a notification that one of my reports were actioned on, and I hardly ever report people! Or at least I didn’t think I did that much??

2 Likes

Makes me wonder if some people are throwing or if some people are trying to play their game but are wrongfully accused of throwing. Many of us have been accused before purely because we have a different strategy, didn’t want to pick a certain hero or didn’t want to group up. I’ve been accused of throwing because I chose a healer out when we had no healers at all or didn’t group up because I knew the opponents had grav ready. I don’t want to see innocent players wrongfully banned over a witch hunt.

4 Likes

A year of data on a player for throwing? It relates… but then for the people who are like, “you can’t tell when someone is a smurf, they’re just having a good game”, if they cared about it like they would general throwing… you could track and tell.

3 Likes

It looks like lot of FlEx CrEaTiVe PlAyErS enjoyed watching GOATS in OWL for 1 year, and continuously yearned for penta-dps.

2 Likes

Question:

How do you tell the difference between someone throwing on purpose and someone unfamiliar with the new role you forced them into?

11 Likes

Not for the people legitimately at that rank, it ruins it for them.

3 Likes

Maybe they will ban hammer the game into the grave. :thinking:

7 Likes

How you figure on acknowledging that someone is going to throw without actually doing it. Betting the report system is next to get fixed.

No
one
forced
your
hand
to
queue
for
a
specific
role.

You will be able to pick whichever you want to play.

The difference is, I won’t be forced to solo tank or heal, because a few other players wanted to ruin the cohesiveness of the team.

22 Likes

they have the massive data of people who flex on roles they are not familiar with and that allowes them to make conclusions.

1 Like

Neither is 2/2/2 for me, but people don’t seem to care about that either :man_shrugging:
I don’t see a reason for sympathy if it isn’t mutual.

2 Likes

Don’t report the dps players when they pick characters that don’t jive with you.

1 Like

Some guy on forums said he looks forward to digging my grave cus he mad that 222 got enforced

His thread got deleted lol

Many people are very immature and petty about the whole thing

3 Likes

Then
learn
to
communicate
with
your
teammates
and
stop