As a GM/t500 Sombra One Trick, I want EMP nerfed

well i think it’s a way of having balance in the imbalance probably, the game becomes such a swing fest that it balances itself out.

the only true losers are the tanks and healers trying to prevent these massive swings in their disfavor.
like you can heal and heal but a one-shot is a one-shot, a barrier can only save you for so much or let you stay alive for so long.

but yeah, in the end i think it’s all about class/character fantasy and nothing else, you could probably go out of your way to play whatever you wanted and allways make it work somehow.
but does it even matter if you get to play the character you like?

How you like this one?
Others I heard interesting was making it channeling skill.

But isnt Sombra without EMP fighting Zen pretty much even? Zen might even have a Brigitte saving him.
I think the only part Sombra can get buffed is actually her damage.

But it has to be very well balanced. Like Sombra gets many tries to poke enemies. But they can also react if fast enough.

I think if Sombra is very close, she should be able to kill 200 per sec by part headshots. So high spread and higher dps with less ammo.

Sombra already has a ridiculous spread. You can check it yourself, just go into practice range and see. That’s the point though, she cannot reliably duel most of the cast even if she gets the hack off. It’s all a setup for her team. Buff her damage and she will just go behind you invisible, appear out of nowhere, kill you and then translocate out. While that would be fun for me, it will certainly be less fun for people than being hacked.

2 Likes

What’s a soft silence?

OP here is a suggestion i have to make. Curious what you think

EMP

• no longer actives of Sombra as the center
  • Sombra now throws an EMP grenade which she can let explode early by double tapping Q, or it explodes on contact with an enemy or barrier. If it hits nothing, it automatically explodes after 3 seconds. Projectile speed same as translocator.

So this does the following.
Cons for Sombra:

• Full commitment
    one of the biggest issues people have with EMP is that they cant react to it. They have to predict and when they predict wrong when she throws translocator they might waste a counter trance or something else. If they see the grenade coming, they know shes fully commited to EMP.
  • EMP is now a temporary projectile
    And as such can be eaten by defense matrix and deflected by Genji, just like Zarya graviton

Pros for Sombra:

• No longer becomes a sitting duck after translocating into the enemy team and die because your team doesnt follow up fast enough.
  • In general can position herself to follow up herself from a safer spot

Makes the ultimate more counterable and weaker as a result , but has a positive trade off. This way you dont need radical buffs to her base kit.

Buff for base kit i suggest:

Main goal is reducing her downtime issue and making it easier for teams to work with a Sombra

• red swirly Hack visuals get replaced with purple timer skull on a tragets head.
  • your team gets wall hacks on hacked targets within
    a 15 meter radius

(basically same treatment as hacked healthpacks, this should make follow up on her hacks easier)

• Base movement speed increased form 5.5m/s to 6m/s.
  • translocation no longer interrupts reload
  • Stealth now an ability on a recourse meter. She has 8 seconds worth of stealth total. Takes 6 seconds to recover from empty to full.
  • stealth goes back to 75% speed boost
  • Sombra can contest while in stealth again
  • her translocator goes back to being invulnerable to damage
  • maximum translocator duration 30 seconds.
2 Likes

Except you’re wrong. I said from the start it’s a great buff, in spite of Fitzy initially being against it and causing groupthink in the Sombra community. Sombra was then picked up in Contenders, which you hand waved away as the devs saw it as a sign of success, then Team Canada dominated the majority of their opponents with her in the World Cup, and now she has a 66% pickrate in OWL. Fitzy also said recently that she has no counters because she decides every engagement. If you die, it is 100% your fault.

He did not say that. He said she can play around someone like McCree because she can decide her encounters. He did not say she has no counters. He also said during double sniper which was the previous meta to goats, Sombra wasnt really that great.

Sombras current viability in pro play doesnt go back to her duration patch. Its all the heroes which changed around her which made the meta like it is.

Only meta? Double sniper is good mostly because they dont have to group.
But that also means any meta that cant spread is a victim of EMP
Revert Sombra will still have similar power cause she hardly changed Emp ever

Dva even after her nerf has a 50
% winrate sombra have 45%
so I would welcome any change it cant be worse

I would try a couple of things with Sombra’s EMP.

1. Not remove base shields but remove added shields - Delete Lucio’s Ult but not 75% of Zen’s life

2. Shorten duration of hack on EMP only - keep regular hack the same but reduce it’s EMP duration

The video is here with a timestamp of 6:46 with a quote from 3 months ago: Fitzy agreed, sombra is uncounterable

That tweet is from a year ago. Reach harder. Sombra is top tier.

Not sure I really buy all these "mains"suddenly asking for EMP nerf… :thinking:

that s just 2 big nerf to the most weak heroes of ow
if you try those change you have to give sombra soldier s gun with an helix rocket

lol i know that video, i watched it. I even commented on the same thread. He never said in that video that she has no counters.

Try throwing your fake news somewhere else.
All he said in the video:
“Her weaknesses can be avoided. Her weaknesses being the burst damage. You know you can stay away from the McCree who is gonna flashbang you.”

And they used that from the interview back when Fitzy said the same interview that she gets countered by double sniper.

This is two times now that someone has tried to pull that, thank you, I was too lazy this time to counter.

“Her weaknesses can be avoided.” If you can avoid your weaknesses at all times due to infinite stealth: snipers, stuns, burst damage, then you can’t be countered. The fact that this has to be broken down for you is embarrassing and shows how willing you are to plug your ears and denounce anything that makes Sombra look strong.

No. Thats not the same thing.
Has tools to play around her counters is not the same as having no counters. Thats basic knowledge. Sombra can also stay in spawn the whole game and not die once or even get damaged. Yet she wont accomplish anything.

Tools to play. Is like having a flashbang on CD that sometimes kill Tracer.
But isnt that kinda different with infinite stealth?

1 Like

Never doubt how far the forums will go to make an irrational point I have learned.