Are people this deaf? OW2 is clearly coming in 2022

Considering they already said excluding OWL skins, even if you basically chained those 3 week challenges back to back to back you still would not reach the most skins to ever come to retail excluding OWL skins.

Ok… but we all know ow2 isn’t coming out this year. I know everyone would like it to (me including) but no.
With Microsoft taking over it’s only going to delay it more… realistically I think 2024 wouldn’t be out of the question

How do we know that? There have been zero sources that say not in 2022. There is also zero reason to believe that the acquisition which will not go through until next year will somehow cause delays when most of the things Microsoft would want would either be less work or how the game is available (read: Game Pass) and neither slow development.

1 Like

Wasnt it in their financial review. If it was coming out they would just say.
Have you ever seen how complicated the legalities are in this scenario. I’ve worked for a few companies (not on this scale) and it took 6months for the change over to happen … that was just sorting out buildings, staff payroll… contracts… bla bla bla. They wouldn’t have even touched on the work

Plus microsoft have no control until contracts are signed then the work begins. If u think it’s simple ur dreaming

Uh my dude, but he didn’t say that, he said:

“We have more planned for retail” does not specify a year. I want to make it clear I am not staking a claim on you ultimately being right or wrong about what year the game comes out, but like, let us be clear about what was actually said. You could interpret this as skins being for sale, which I believe you are doing or you could interpret this as skins arriving with the retail launch of Overwatch 2 as in this sort of usage:

https://www.wepc.com/news/overwatch-2-retail-release-pricing/

But let us be very clear. He never said “this year”. In fact saying they’ll be “sharing details” with us “throughout the year” could make it sound like they’ll either drop these skins through the year or they’ll be sharing DETAILS and NOT skins in preparation for Overwatch 2’s retail release.

When have they ever referred to skins as being “for retail”? That phrasing is kind of peculiar don’t you think?

But again, I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just maybe hold your horses there. You are inferring meaning on a statement that was intentionally vague. I was going to tell you that I don’t think they even know what they’re doing yet then I found THIS post while checking to make sure I didn’t miss something:

So yeah. Take a deep breath and maybe temper your expectations. Because if you don’t then it will hurt more if things don’t work out the way I’m sure we’re all hoping they will.

1 Like

Are you seriously trying to imply that the phrase “throughout the year” isn’t referring to this year?

Is English your first language? Do you understand how context works? Or are you just that determined to be negative?

And yes, the live game is referred to as retail all the time. The game client literally sits in a folder called “_retail_” on your computer.

I swear amount of people deliberately searching desperately for anything they might possubly be able to complain about is a new low for this forum.

2 Likes

They have literally never announced a release date in their financial review in 20 years. Just think about that, not a single Blizzard game got its release date or window announced in a financial review because they know the power announcements like that have.

All they announced was that they were going to have less income due to delays in Overwatch 2 and D4. That could be, and seems to be, as simple as “It was going to come out this year in April/May and we were projecting x dollars but now it is going to come out in November which means we have to lower our projections by a sizable amount”.

If they wanted to say Overwatch 2 was not coming out in 2022 they would have said that. You know how we know that, because when it was not coming out in 2021 they outright said that. They did not use any words that could be seen as obtuse; they were blunt and direct.

Meanwhile as someone who works on software, unless there are fundamental changes to the software requirements your work does really not change regardless of who you report to. Apparently sales has to deal with more work but for the people actually building the product, the work rarely changes unless there is a fundamental design philosophy shift which, considering this acquisition is in its VERY early stages (and approval will take months) it seems unlikely to have any day-to-day impact on the release window.

The one thing it might impact, as I hinted in the previous sentence, is the pace of announcements prior to the release. The reason for this being that now there are unknowns such as: “are we going to be on Game Pass day 1?”, “Are there going to be any Xbox/PC exclusives?”, and “Will the release be simultaneous or will the previous question apply?” just to name a few. However none of those answers really affect development time.

3 Likes

Ok. But youre looking at small things game pass… is an after thought… exclusives (which it won’t) is an after thought

Im talking about who gets paid what, who owns this… who goes there… whose responsible for this… who oversees that… whose liable for that
do u think that all magically happens. The game can be finished but they won’t be able to actually release it if boxes aint ticked.

None of that is really as big as you are making it out to be for something like this. It will affect the CEO and board and probably heads of each division like Mike Ybara for instance, but for the team heads and especially the people building the game it is largely inconsequential.

The things you are describing would only matter if Microsoft were somehow incompetent and willing to delay completed projects over bureaucracy which considering we have seen all their recent acquisitions there is no evidence of such a thing occurring. Microsoft will slide in and make small changes as development goes on, but we will likely not see the direct impact of their involvement for about 3 years outside of having things like OWL have a better marketing platform.

This we know from again the other acquisitions. Furthermore, as it is likely OW2 is done and out BEFORE the acquisition goes through, which by the way there are very good reasons not to delay it until after, the impact would be lessened still.

1 Like

It’s correct that in the last earning call Mike Yibarra mentioned that OW2 and Diablo IV will not getting released how they planned due changes in leadership. He also mentioned in the call that it would allow the new leaders to bring fresh air into the teams and ideas for the products. I was there during the conference and almost everyone was thinking that this could mean that it’s getting pushed back to 2023. Later AndyB mentioned that he want’s to crunch the rumor but not confirming a release in 2022 at the same time. So my thinking is that probably their plan was to release OW2 within the Q1 / Q2 2022 and it now got pushed back to Q4 2022 / Q1 2023. I also think that they probably changed their thinking of releasing PvE and PvP at the same time. Maybe we will get OW2 PvP before the PvE stuff. Who knows.

When you don’t truly understand OW, all you see and desire is “new”. It’s the equivalent of a Chess club and half the members sit around whining about getting new map boards to play on… like why are you even here?

It was clearly stated by Acti-Blizz that its not coming in 2022.

Stop spreading false information

Oh no I’m sure “throughout the year” means this year. What is not made clear is what they’re going to be sharing with us. What does he mean when he says “information”? Is it gonna be the skins themselves or is it going to be screenshots and videos of exciting new skins we can look forward to when overwatch 2 launches? He doesn’t say. You can call them “weasel words” or whatever you like, he is intentionally not committing to promising things as specifically as you seem to think he is.

And he admits that.
AGAIN:

It is and I am neither positive nor negative, I make it clear several times I hope OW2 is coming sooner than later, but I am familiar enough with english to see that everything Andy said could be interpreted another way. I think he wants to bring the player base good things, I think the reality of business keeps him from committing to that though.

I am responding to a guy who is complaining about people not reading something that wasn’t written so I don’t know how to respond to that other than to say I’m not complaining. I am not upset in anyway I am not rooting for Overwatch 2 to come out later than 2022 nor am I negative and down in the dumps about it, I am simply commenting on the facts such as they are at this moment.

1 Like

When did they actually say that ow2 will come out in 2022? Just because they said that they will release more skins doesn’t hint on anything lol.

1 Like

It sounds promising and exciting but can you blame anyone for being hesitant on this speculation?

Will overwatch survive the next few years before Part 2 comes around 2023/24…?

1 Like

Are people this deaf? WE ARE TIRED OF HINTS we’re tired of guessing we’re tired of desperately licking up leaks because the devs lack basic communication.

I cannot believe it’s so hard to understand why people are pissed off

5 Likes

To save overwatch
All Heroes at lucio ball
All Heros at Mei Snowball and Winter games playable
All Heroes on Junkenstein halloween

Don’t wait for part 2 insert everything now Story mode pve Heroes Mission
And more

Not going to lie, why don’t they give us the release date instead of giving subtle hints. I don’t understand the point of being so mysterious about when the game is going to come out

3 Likes