Are people this deaf? OW2 is clearly coming in 2022

People are way too busy malding and losing their minds about “only two skins” to notice, but if a *member of the overwarch team says they’re releasing more skins this year “than any other year”, it means that OW2 is 100% coming in 2022. Think it through please. Take a deep breath and hear the very loud hints they are dropping.

Edit: yes I know 100% is an exaggeration but the absolute pessimism of the haters is getting to me

Edit 2: corrected that it wasn’t a dev

33 Likes

Its the unknown. Hints, yes but we need some actual communication, not subtle hints that could mean anything really

106 Likes

The skins are outsourced to a german contractor though, they aren’t made by blizz

13 Likes

I’m not 100% sure OW2 is coming out this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

6 Likes

wasnt it already stated somewhere that it was 2023 at the earliest

6 Likes

It’s “100% coming in 2022” until it gets delayed again.

49 Likes

also something people are looking over is when AndyB said “with more Legendary skins planned for retail than any year prior”
Keyword: Retail.
Meaning when you buy OW2, or as paid content with a new business model to get cosmetics.
As if they were just free like they always have released skins and cosmetics , Andy wouldn’t have included “for retail”.

I dont know why people still dont read all the signs and come up with common sense conclusions.
Instead of complaining and whining as usual , when that has never gotten them anywhere.

11 Likes

Yeah, the content creators at the meeting have all-but said it too.

YourOverwatch and Stylosa in particular were practically (not) screaming it in their videos. Playing OW2 gameplay footage while saying “I can’t tell you what the event was about, but it’s really easy to work out and 2021 was the worst year for Overwatch, but the hard times are over

Seriously, how much more obvious can you be while not breaking NDA? The answer is being spoonfed and people refuse to accept it because, idk, I guess they want to complain?

They’re aiming for a holiday 2022 release for Overwatch 2.

Yes, it’s been a long wait - but it’s almost over now. The last part of the wait is far easier than the 2+ years it’s taken to get us here - because there won’t be radio silence like there was in 2020.

20 Likes

Nothing like this has been said today. This is almost worst than people thinking we were getting mounts from the Archives event with Tracer on a motorcycle. Pure speculation and ill placed hype.

6 Likes

No man,
It’s not the first time they say something and it turns out it’s not true.

Expecially when the guy that said it is not a developer

3 Likes

I would assume it’s because people don’t want to get their hopes up again for the nth time.

7 Likes

If that where true,what ever happened to giving succinct information, to cut down on confusion?

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!

9 Likes

I do too. But I’m assuming we’ll have some sort of beta before then.

Maybe that’s a bad assumption - but even if we don’t have a beta, we’ll at least know more well before release.

6 Likes

I just watched that movie last night & instantly thought of Veruca as well :laughing:

2 Likes

yea i like the remake too because of johnny depp but still nothing beats the original

3 Likes

It was clearly coming in fall 2020.
Nope, clearly fall 2021!
Nope! spring 2022!

12 Likes

And what does it mean when the CEO of the company tells investors Overwatch 2 will not be financially relevant in the fiscal year 2022?

3 Likes

Nothing is 100%. Especially when it’s coming from someone who has no idea what is going on inside Blizzard.

I don’t think 2020 was ever on the table for a release date.

2021 was probably the original plan, though. Likely Summer 2021. But a combination of the pandemic + Kotick delaying Team 4 + PVE rework due to weaker-than-expected reception at Blizzcon 2019 pushed the game back to mid-2022 though. And then, late last year, they announced the game had been delayed further due to employee turnover related to the lawsuit (presumably pushing it to late-2022).

Seems to check out.

5 Likes