Are people this deaf? OW2 is clearly coming in 2022

the closest thing that people have to that is that AndyB the community manager came into the forums to respond to someone about them giving up hope for this game because its not worth it hanging onto this thread anymore… that post on the forums was back in November.

And the TLDR for that post was about how OW2 was going to be out in 2023 because of the earnings report that the public got and that there was no OW2 earnings predicted for 2022. AndyB said that he wanted to quash ALL rumors about any kind of 2023 release date as being somehow official.

So people took that 2 ways, one that OW2 isnt even going to come out in 2022, 2023 and maybe a launch in 2024. The other way people took that is that well maybe there is a chance that it comes out in 2022

Besides ow2 and them saying that they’ll talk more about the subject, what else could it realistically mean?

Well… I guess when you put it that way. Inb4 delay.

I doubt they are actually changing much for pvp. It probably should have been released already considering the small number of hero changes likely to go live. I’d be super surprised if there is even a new hero at launch.

blizzard’s favorite sentences are:
“we cant wait to tell you”
“We cant wait to show you”
“We are so excited to show you”
“our team is making good progress”

I’m sorry but is this a game developer or a circus? I can’t take Blizzard seriously anymore

16 Likes

If it were “100% coming in 2022” then you’d have no problem staking your life on that claim. I doubt you are.

1 Like

You don’t derive a 100% probability from “hints”.

5 Likes

As long there is nothing official, I don’t believe jacksh!t.

I need some of this copium.

But for real I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a full release this year. At best I’d only expect to see a beta.

In my opinion I’m okay with only 2 legendary cosmetics for the event, cause I already somehow was expecting that the Event content will shrink in 2022, cause the Team was probably not expacting to not have released OW2 by Q1 2022. Planning content even if it’s only skins taking a lot of time to plan.

The only concern I have is that the way how it was poor communicated. I really thank you Andy for the time you are spending here to try to asnwer as many questions as possible, but as a feedback… the comment from the spokeperson who have told that the Art team is busy working on more Legendary skins than ever is very vague and not that helpful.

I just wish that the Development Team would communicate with us more with giving us an insight about OW1 and OW2’s development and content pipeline. I can gurantee that more people would be more happy and less frustrated when they would knew that the next Events will shrink due the fact that the developers are currently in the final stages of production of OW2 or that the Developers working on some other smaller things for OW1. Yeah there are always people who will still complain, but this would increase the trust and faith of the Community to the development team more.

Also in my opinion in 2022 there should be more developer videos, a roadmap or teasers about the new skins for the OW roster shared with the community. These small things keeping the Community engaged with the game and don’t let them lose interest for the game.

2 Likes

You never know, they could pull a Nintendo and just announce the game two months before it releases

1 Like

It could also mean that they put them in as twitch/youtube drops because they desperately need “viewers” for OWL. It can also mean a basic lootbox reward pool update, it can mean a battlepass system. OW2 would be the last thing i expect from them this year.

They are going to hold OW2 hostage to OWL for as long as they can, and then you can be sure they pull a Valorant and make the beta keys tied to streams to artifically inflate viewerships. (a possible reason for the content creator NDA meeting,to make them prepared for it)

1 Like

perhaps it is the right time to follow the original meaning of the event: a very good omen for the future of OW.

but said a lot, very honestly: they are bleeding the hype in managing the order of communications. It would have been much less shocking to immediately say “be careful: don’t expect a lot of skins because it correlates with what we have in store for you”.

do not say it sooner while the community has been begging for more communication for weeks is not very reassuring. we preferred to let it grind on the optimism of the Microsoft acquisition, but precisely because there was this current it was necessary not to interrupt it so abruptly with an unannounced novelty (or another, yet another cut of contents for OW1)

1 Like

I too saw the last financial report.

Except we were specifically told not OWL.

Except AndyB said this:

“I don’t know the specific breakdown of the numbers offhand, but I can tell you I am not talking about only OWL skins.”

This can literally mean:
“Hey guys we have 15 skins planned, i cannot talk about how many of these skins will be attached to OWL, but rest assured its not only OWL, at least 1 is not OWL exclusive”

2 Likes

That’s quite a reach to go from “more skins” to “OW2 guaranteed 2022 release”. I don’t know what year had the most skins but they can literally just make 1 more skin than that year and the “more skins” statement is still valid.

Don’t forget they have Oversnore League in April and they’ll use every crutch to get people to afk “watch” their streams like adding a bunch of legendary skins that you can only get with owl points.

5 Likes

Sorry to break your hopes here but they also said what got them happy didn’t have anything to do with Blizzard plans regarding OW/OW2. They just announced something good for content creators so maybe some bonus or whatever but the news itself concerned the role of a content creator and its perks.

So no, nothing for OW2. That’s for sure what they were not told at the meeting. Saying what wasn’t told didn’t break the NDA.

There is zero guarantee for OW2 to come 2022. In my opinion, based on how far all the heroes reworks are (and the balancing therefore), I believe it’s nowhere before 2023. And it’s considering 2023 will be the merge with Microsoft gaming which could even delay things furthermore.

Buckle up :confused:

They’ve used this exact rhetoric several times in the past, and it’s led to nothing every time.

4 Likes

Exactly this. You cannot be careful enough with Blizzard.

They legit yoinked a huge chunk of the crowd funded prize pool in some WoW tournament, all because what they initially said, can technically mean something else if you really want to believe in it, even though everyone knew what they meant to say.

4 Likes