Another PTR cycle, the same forgotten robot đŸ˜„

Yes, Bastion would die easily, but that is also why I wanted to increase the DPS of the turret, so you become a temporary, immobile but fragile powerhouse. No need for pocketing with barriers or damage boost, Bastion doesn’t need it to do work anymore, nor will it be a “throw pick” on Attack.

1 Like

Exactly, as i also proposed, lowering the ammo to 150, or hell
 even 100.
Allowing headshots, and tightening spread.

Make him hit HARD for a short time.

1 Like

Which is why no one plays him anymore. Weakened shields make him too vulnerable now. And if you play too mobile you’re better off playing another DPS.

3 Likes

Yes please. The spread on that gun is just so awfully punishing
 and for such a bad hero, at least statistically.

1 Like

The point, everyone.

The point.

Shield, higher dps, higher sustain.

Bastion doesn’t need “Compensation nerfs” anymore. His weaknesses already outweigh most buffs you could even give him.

Imagine saying “Nerf Bastion” in 2020
 lol, please help Bastion, Blizzard. Don’t you think that seeing this hero underperforming in all ranks is just a bit alarming?

Read your post - You are a genius.
Lets mash some concepts together.

Ok, New Bastion. I’m going to not talk numbers but concepts.

Barrier with some health when in sentry. So, once you are set up you are “safeish” from the people you are firing at, but, gives flankers a chance.

Remove Ironclad to help with that. Flankers GOTTA have that sweet sweet chance.

After ammo has run out, you are BOOTED from sentry mode, you gotta get up and walk around a bit, it loads ammo in the background, it may not ACTUALLY boot you, but you get no more ammo until you do
 This stops you pirate shipping all day, which is the problem around balance.

This means we can make the sentry gun on him REAL mean.

His new play will walk around the edges of the field, until he gets that lovely sight line on something which needs a bit of killing.

He does the killing, now he had to get up and move, giving the counterplay a chance.

2 Likes

This is where i would like to approach cautiously

If you’re watching a Bastion shooting at you, when do you strike?

The moment he’s booted from Sentry Mode.

It’s FAR too predictable.

That’s just it
 he cannot be given compensation nerfs at this point.

Also

Thank you. ^,^

But the main point is

1 Like

You don’t, you are dead :wink:

Buff the GUN!

1 Like

You know this isn’t true.

Even Roady would fare rather well against this version of Bastion if he played his cards right, and out-played the Bastion.

And yea, he could even be moved to the Tank category by this point, but he’d still be half of a DPS. It would at least make some sense, compared to what we have now.

It opens up the ability to make him even more dangerous in sentry.

1 Like

Yes, but compensation nerfs take that away again

No booting out of Sentry just because you used it.
Especially if he had as little as 100 ammo, this would be a death sentence.

Ok, but no reloading until you do.

The idea is to make the play of “move, kill, move” viable and dangerous to the enemy.

Having him just take a position, and stay there forever is the problem.

This way he can STILL be bastion, and we can buff him REAL hard because he needs that, AND we have stopped the issue with his play style.

This further restricts Bastion
 The reload would even give the enemy a chance to attack him, while the shield would probably be burned quickly anyways.

You just aren’t seeing how fragile Bastion might actually be even while buffed.

Yes, he needs to be a glass cannon, but if you restrict reloading or using the hero at all, you restrict playing him.

In lower play, moving less would be detrimental anyways.
This gives the player a learning curve and the skill to apply it.

This gives us the ability to make him as glass or as cannon as we need.

In lower play, that is how he is played though. You walk him to the cart, and he sits there. Everyone else puts up barriers, and the fun begins.

Unless there is a low ranked answer to that style of play, we can’t make the other styles work. Because the buffs needed would make that style too strong.

Plat players have trouble vs pirate ship. your low ranked ones don’t have a chance vs a buffed pirate ship bastion.

So, lets make THAT style weaker, and the higher ranked style (like Kolorblind uses) stronger.

This is one way to do that. We don’t need him to have a low ammo count, but we DO need him to get up and walk around for a while.

ONCE that is done, we can buff the HELL out of him, because the “problem play” with him isn’t a concern any more.

1 Like

s#bringbacktheshield

1 Like

This is less true than you may think.

In lower play, according to every low ranked player i’ve ever talked to, Bastion is still a joke. And they understand that team play counters team play, even down there.

Now this is laughable.

I haven’t seen a “Pirate ship” in plat, for about a year
 not one that worked for more than two minutes.

That style would be weaker
 it would still have it’s weaknesses.

Please, if you haven’t already as you claimed to have, read through that thread again, and try to see the whole picture.

Lower ammo count allows for him to have higher damage, period.
Right now you can spam shots for damn near 30 seconds or something
 it’s too much to be buffed considerably.

[New year, new Bastion. đŸ€–]

#BringBackTheShield

1 Like

True, people get their stuff sorted, and boom, he isn’t a problem any more, but

The moment we buff him to viablility, it WILL be a problem.

“Lower ammo count allows for him to have higher damage, period.” Which is fine! I think that higher damage bastion is good bastion.

I think we can do it without making his ammo count lower. By making him commit to a fight.

Let’s break this down for a second.

Sometimes, a “Problem” is exactly what you need when facing a hero played by a good player, and teamwork based solely around that hero.

The ammo would have to be lower
 it just would. i cannot see a way around this, and even the original version of Bastion only had 200 ammo.

If he’s going to be hitting hard, he can’t hit hard for a full 30 seconds.