Another Mercy topic, but each time

…it gets salty/mad/toxic, I make fun of their complaint by responding with a meme.

In all serious though, why are people flipping their lids over her change? I’ve seen/heard people claim that it’ll bring back the ‘Mercy Meta’ or that it literally does nothing. Has anyone actually seen it on all tiers of gameplay? Bronze to Pros? We don’t know how it’ll affect anything at the moment, but we’re all suddenly experts on it? lol

Anyway, Mercy Main here, shower me with attention and respect like I’m entitled to it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If it ain’t mass rez most mercy mains don’t want to hear about it.

5 Likes

Mass rez, or E rez, rez is rez.

Mercy main here (despite appearances)

I don’t know about metas or anything like that. All I know is that I’ve stopped playing my most played hero because I just don’t enjoy her at all anymore. I don’t care about pickrates or the current meta, I just know that when I’m deciding who to pick in Hero Select, Mercy just doesn’t feel like an attractive choice anymore. It’s the same feeling I have with tanks right now.

I don’t want her to be meta, I don’t want her to be OP, I don’t want her to have fewer counters. I just want her to be enjoyable and feel like I have a reason to pick her over Moira.

Playing Mercy has always been a stressful, thankless job but it was enjoyable regardless because I felt like I was contributing. But I just don’t get that feeling from her current iteration and this PTR change does nothing to change that.

12 Likes

While I agree that it’s stressful, I’ve never taken it as a thankless job. Just because you’re not openly thanked doesn’t mean your team doesn’t appreciate you putting in the effort to keep them all alive. I know it’s not the case all the time, but 9/10 games I usually get a good response from my teammates. I get more satisfaction knowing that I helped, more than getting praised for it.

As with her being an undesirable pick, I guess that’s opinion though I can kind of see where you’re coming from. I still find reasons to pick her over other healers. Sure, she doesn’t stand up to Moira or Ana or whoever in healing, but I do like getting that feeling of doing better than them in healing with a ‘lesser’ hero when I do pull it off.

I just think it’s ridiculous that a large amount of people are flipping out over these changes like they’re supposed to be a huge deal. We barely have an idea just what these changes are really going to do or accomplish. It’s, what, day three? Chill peeps.

The issue is that she’s supposed to be able to. She’s meant to be able to heal more over the course of a match than any other support. But that’s just not the case, and her base healing barely does anything for her team.

But we do. We’ve had 60HPS Valk in the past, and it just isn’t an impactful or skillful ultimate at all. We’re upset because we can barely heal outside of ult, and they “buffed” her ultimate’s healing as opposed to her base healing. After all of the input that everyone has given, this was just a slap in the face.
Also, rise of the battle Mercy.

1 Like

This post seems original. Oh wait…

:sleeping::sleeping:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
2 Likes

Oh no, you found me out! I have 100+ accounts, all doing the same posts!

Mercy main here (despite appearances.)

WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DID YOU PUT THE PERIOD INSIDE OF THE PARENTHESIS?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN A MERCY MAIN!

3 Likes

Calling you out for being unoriginal doesn’t mean I’m accusing you of making the same topic on different accounts. :blush:

1 Like

The issue is that she’s supposed to be able to. She’s meant to be able to heal more over the course of a match than any other support. But that’s just not the case, and her base healing barely does anything for her team.

But why can’t the other healers have the spotlight here? It’s not like Mercy is the best healer the game can have. In fact, there is a lot more that Moira and Ana can do that Mercy was never intended for. Have you tried communicating with your team? Cover is an option. Just because she isn’t topping the healing charts over other healers doesn’t mean she’s terrible.

But we do. We’ve had 60HPS Valk in the past, and it just isn’t an impactful or skillful ultimate at all. We’re upset because we can barely heal outside of ult, and they “buffed” her ultimate’s healing as opposed to her base healing. After all of the input that everyone has given, this was just a slap in the face.
Also, rise of the battle Mercy.

Maybe you’re just not playing her like I am? I don’t have any realistic trouble healing, as long as I have a decent team. I have trouble healing a focus fired target, sure, but what healer doesn’t? It’s a team game, have your teammates help you where you need it. Have them duck into cover, or just be aware of what hero is doing what. All it takes is teamwork to make the dream work.

This ‘one healer’ concept should die anyway.

Lemme know when I can start seeing the majority of Mercy posts having a version of single rez that’s about as powerful as now, and a version of Valkyrie Ult that’s about as powerful as now.

Can’t you do that by yourself? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

But how do you know I don’t have multiple accounts, all ready to go to make similar posts such as these? I could already be making twenty more just to do so! Mwahaha!

It certainly feels like I’m contributing the majority of Mercy posts that don’t have multi rez, don’t remove Valk Ult, and don’t remove rez.

I don’t know. Seems like a waste to spend over 4798.80$ just on accounts. :confused:

Well blimey Hermione! That being said, most people prioritise fun and balance over pleasing the devs by doing something they like. :man_shrugging:t2: I, personally, want to see both Resurrect and Valkyrie removed. That or reworked mass Res. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t be hating because I have moolah!

But yeah, no. Nuts to that.

1 Like

If the Mercy community truly valued Fun/ Balance above all else, they wouldn’t be so extremely picky about the method to achieve it.

Seems like a Mass Rez replacement is the goal, and fun is just a pretense.

2 Likes

That’s arguable. If fun and balance is the main concern, naturally, pleasing the devs would be an after-though. :neutral_face:

I see it as fun being the goal and mass Res being the potential solution for that.

Fun
|
Balance
|
Suggestion
|
Appeal to devs

2 Likes

Considering your win condition is persuading the developers.

I don’t see any reasonable method of doing that without pleasing the devs.