Another Mercy topic, but each time

I mean, I’m still having fun with her.

After the suggestion has been made, we can start to add changes that will appease the devs. :blush:

I’m proud of you. That being said, a large number of players aren’t. That is concerning.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

Why would you start with an idea that would automatically get rejected?

That’s your opinion, isn’t it? We don’t know how the devs would feel about removing Resurrect or removing Valkyrie. Plus, they’ve removed Valkyrie before. That increases the chances of them removing it again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww, well thank you!
:grinning:

1 Like

Assuming the 13 megathreads, that “not reverting” post, and deliberate radio silence on the subject for a year, just means that this has all just been a big misunderstanding. Right?

And the strategy is to make posts exclusively based on that assumption.

And almost zero other approaches?

Ohh. OHH. OH HEEEELL NO.

ONE OF US IS GONNA HAVE TO CHANGE, PAL.

Well, imho, it turns toxic and memey because it’s a topic that has been discussed over and over again for over a year now :blush:

People get entrenched, and have rehearsed lines to respond to any given objection to their opinion! Then they hold firm on that position, and end up needlessly derailing the topic toward an age old repetition of grudges and disrespects :sweat_smile:

No one really listens to anyone else, and just deploys their latest version of their regurgitated argument, and we compare our creations!

That’s how it usually goes :rofl:

In the end, everyone has their own opinion, and someone changing their mind is a rare occurance. :blush:

1 Like

we want a rework not a revert.

valk coming back in 2.0 mercy was a rework.

mass rez coming back in 3.0 mercy would be a rework

I mean there are plenty of them out there but theres a reason for the top post of the forums beings a rework idea for mercy that includes a properly balance mass rez ult.

People want it.

A lot.

As a percentage of all Mercy posts, it’s a very very small number.

That’s not totally honest is it? :blush:

You want mass rez! Dm if it comes in the form of a rework or a revert!

In the end it’s just about mass rez, right? :blush:

1 Like

Because her entire kit is focused on healing. She can’t do nearly as much damage as the other supports, and now she can barely even heal as much as them. The other supports are hybrids. That’s what you’re not understanding. She has the lowest overall potential of every single other support.

Compared to the other healers, she has a lot more trouble. The other supports have life saving ultimates that can function both offensively and defensively. Mercy does not have that. Her ult is better used offensively, and can barely do anything at all in an ult fight. If the enemy pops ult, good luck keeping your team alive. Especially by yourself.

I see this said a lot around here.

Truth is, statistically, the only hero to on average out heal her is Moira. And that was also the case before her -10hps nerf.

:blush:

We all benefit from accurate(ish) numbers :rofl:

1 Like

I was talking about Ana and Moira specifically. It also gets frustrating to ask them to let me get ult charge, so I’m about to become a more damage-focused Mercy.
I honestly hate Moira with a passion, but have been slowly switching over to her due to her healing and damage outputs.

Bait is bad bait. :ok_hand: they said no reverts so why is proposing a rework idea all the sudden bad.

Or is it just because you don’t like mass rez just because you don’t believe it can be balanced just because a exploit used to exist that encouraged hide and rez.

no its about making mercy balanced,engaging, and fair to play against.

if only the overwatch team would give us access to the 100% accurate stats for hero’s and maps and we wouldn’t have people whining about the legitmatcy of the most popular statistics sites for ow.

2 Likes

I’d say this is the main problem with the vast majority of Mercy posts right now.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/37093153/if-you-put-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket-youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.jpg

3 Likes

And i’d say the main problem with people like you is that you don’t bother to actually read the posts :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Indirect thing can suggest almost anything tbh. That’s why I try not to argue like that. :man_shrugging:t2: Also, that “not reverting post” can’t be used in this case because reverting isn’t the only way to bring back mass Resurrect.

3 Likes

Well here’s my issue… Why is a hero like Moira allowed to have the highest potential out of all of the supports, but Mercy isn’t allowed to have a relatively high healing average?
This isn’t at all about skill. Someone needs to give me a better explanation.

4 Likes

Mercy has historically been 2nd when it comes to avg healing over the course of a game! Moira has been first, then Mercy, then Ana. Historically. For like all tiers. Rn I think Ana may have more avg healing for the week than Mercy. Something to consider! :blush:

Moira is also poorly represented in high tiers! Fact is, where she shined (goats, tank heavy comps) ana can do the job!

Mercy has fallen out of favor as well meta wise. Still incredibly strong hero. So it’s funny to hear so many people calling her useless :rofl:

Fun is subjective! Cant impose it on people. Gotta try for a Mercy that is fun for all! Not just tunnel vision on mass rez until given a reason beyond any doubt to abandon it! If we want people to listen to us, we have to listen to other people!

:blush:

1 Like