Ana has a Higher Pickrate than Mercy for the First Time since Season 3

Ladies and Gentlemen, the day has finally come. Mercy is no longer the most picked main healer in Diamond and above. As of this week, Ana has reclaimed her rightful place as the most picked main healer in the higher ranks. FINALLY! The way it should be! Mercy is still the most picked healer in Platinum and below. Take a look at this beautiful sight for yourselves:

Grandmaster:

Master:

Diamond:

Platinum:

This is the day we’ve all been waiting for: The day that we DO NOT see a Mercy in 85% of our games. The day that Ana players can finally go back out there, pick Ana, and not be called throwers.

Now, I know because of private profiles, that Mercy pickrate is probably a little bigger, and there is still the possibility that Mercy could see a resurgence since this is only still a week after the nerf (Shudder to think). But seeing Ana having a higher pickrate than Mercy for the first time since Season 3 was just so beautiful I had to immortalize it, forever, on Imgur.

UPDATE:
Ana just passed Mercy in pickrate in Platinum on Overbuff this week.

Platinum:
Ana - 24.64%
Mercy - 23.17%

154 Likes

Honestly, Sym should have stayed in the support slot. Her utility is more consistent than her damage. That way people stop thinking she has to compete with the likes of tracer and genji.

13 Likes

We are truly blessed.

7 Likes

The way it should be.

53 Likes

Good, Mercy must fall and Ana will rise

37 Likes

This can’t be right.

We saw it 1000 times!

Nerfing mercy wouldn’t do anything for Ana! And her 300 hp heal on nano was enh at best!

3 Likes

High skilled heroes should have more impact on the game than low skilled heroes.
These are good stats.

67 Likes

Thank god.

About time some actual skilled healers take some glory.

38 Likes

Give it a month and we’ll see a turnaround possibly. But if not then it’ll likely be cause Mercy isn’t so good at healing as much since that was an issue prior to her gaining 60 HPS due to Ana being able to heal much more than her.

6 Likes

This is a happy place. Happy thoughts only.
(But you could be right)

5 Likes

Im ready for the anas every game!

All supports heal in some way, Symmetra did not. She was closer to Torbjorn in terms of her kit, and was objectively not a support hero.

6 Likes

Finally…so…there is a god after all… :’)

2 Likes

She used to give personal shields waaaay back when. If she still had shield gen as an ult or gave some kind of regen or health, I think she could still be classified as a support.

3 Likes

Support means healer in overwatch apparently. If anything, the definition of “supports” is quite flawed in this game.

2 Likes

facepalm They’re going to nerf her now. She’s not supposed to be the most picked.

12 Likes

EY.

None of that.

Think P o s i t i v e l y.

15 Likes

By the same logic, Torbjorn should be a support, because he gives out armour. See where this goes wrong?

Symmetra was never a support.

2 Likes

Waiting for the nerf/rework ana threads now

20 Likes

Oh, it’s already started. There was one yesterday believe it or not.