Ana has a Higher Pickrate than Mercy for the First Time since Season 3

“Anti heal is unfun and I need my healing. Blizz pls nerf!!”

17 Likes

She was. She was there to clean up the fight while her dps were doing the big damage. Her turrets did nothing on their own and her ults were team wide buffs. Torb is also a support like hero since his turrets assists the main dps.

Its still the flawed mindset people have about supports. Support doesnt mean heal.

2 Likes

Incorrect. Turrets provide area denial to assist DPS, which makes her a defence hero. Much like Torbjorn was.

3 Likes

Except her turrets died in the smallest amount of damage possible. She was indeed a support. Not to mention the devs even said at one point torb would almost be a support hero.

This isn’t true. At least in quick play, I outdamage Genji and Tracer players fairly consistently, or at least am competitive with them.

Also, she doesn’t provide any kind of support whatsoever anymore. Nor is she played like a support (she’s a weird hybrid of builder and flanker).

Torbjorn could legitimately be considered more of a support than she is

1 Like

Thank God finally.

4 Likes

I honestly see Mercy being the best healer again in a month. She still has rez on a cooldown but nerfing her main purpose which is healing, will certainly bring he down because that what you expect from your healer: to heal.

Now if Ana becomes the best healer, Mercy will still likely be the most picked because healing as Ana isn’t easy and she doesn’t work for every single situation.

2 Likes

Symmetra’s ability to give shields as additional health, along with Torbjorn’s armour were often used to save team mates in danger, much like a Zarya bubble, or a well placed Mei Ice Wall.

To flip my so called ‘flawed view of supports’ back at you, the ability to peel does not suddenly make a hero a support. By the same logic, Reinhardt, Dva, Zarya, Mei, Soldier 76, etc are all supports.

3 Likes

Do we start asking for nerfs yet?

1 Like

I’d just like to point out this is still like, only the top 20% of the playerbase. Not that that’s good or bad, just a good thing to keep in mind before anybody tries to use this as evidence.

5 Likes

I’m optimistic. A crashing pickrate could be over-reaction. That might go away with time. A crashing winrate means people are losing games because they’re playing Mercy. That’s a sign of legitimate weakness.

I think the winrate will go back up a little when people stop trying to play her when another healer is an obvious better choice for the situation, and when people learn to play around her nerf. But I don’t think it’ll come back up to being best again.

Except shield generator and teleporter arent there to peel. They are team buffs. Supporive ultimates if you will. Also how exactly are you “saving your teamates from danger” with armor packs? Your teamate has to grab then, its not you giving it to them when they are about to die. Thats brigittes E.

Yeah, I agree. Plus the 300 hp with nano is actually really really good.

1 Like

They are projectiles you know. An actually good Torbjorn will throw the armour pack to a team mate in danger.

The changes are still new. A lot of players are testing Ana’s viability. I think she’s good but still very hit or miss. Mercy will rise again once players realize Ana is still… Ana.

Lucio should see a significant rise along with Moira. Brigitte will probably fall to the bottom of the support class.

3 Likes

A little too low, but I expect mercy to stabilize a little bit higher.

Why is Symmetra there?

I’d suggest watching ml7’s stream. The Nano-Boost burst healing buff is actually quite significant. It stacks with her biotic grenade, and actually rewards over-aggressive tank play.

You can basically send your Reinhardt into battle as if he were a Winston with Primal Rage at the ready.

2 Likes

Throughout my entire experience with this game they never do that. They only throw it at me when if im in high ground the fight hasnt even started yet… Are you sure torbs go out of their way into the enemies to give me the armor??