A condensed Genji Change Patch (1/24/2021)

This will be a rather shortened and more simplistic version from my other 2 previous genji suggestions for easier understanding. I present to you my ideas on what can be done to take genji to “Average viability” territory. Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

Genji

Shuriken

• General Damage increased from 28 to 29
  • Primary And Secondary Fire Rate Recovery lowered by 0.05s (From 0.95 to 0.9/From 0.75 to 0.7)
  • Secondary Spread Angle increased from 9 to 10.5

Deflect

• Duration Decreased from 2s to 1.5s.

Dragonblade

• Ultimate Cost Increased by 20%

For the other longer variations of my previous major genji patch ideas, please refer to them from either of these two sources:

Let me know what you think! :smiley:

25 Likes

Looks good tbh.

2 Likes

Thanks! Thought I’d make it more simple to make it easier for Blizz to work with. 3 for 3 trade off with buffs + nerfs. Helps his neutral game dps a bit while lowering ult commonality.

also neat I’ve just hit 2000 posts

3 Likes

I would revert the ammo as well tbh, but other than that it looks good.

1 Like

I’d definitely want to try this. On paper, looks good. Just gotta see how it is in practice. :x

3 Likes

Sadly, fire rates can’t be increased in workshop :frowning:

4 Likes

T_____________T

Of all the things we can and cannot do…why is that one of them! D:

5 Likes

Damage is also buggy, I’m still waiting for them to add more options to control damage, fire rate, and stuff along those lines, it would really improve the QoL of using the workshop.

i tried to find it but its hard. just wanted to mess around too with that feature to see something of the sort such as: “Making genji shoot 0.1s on both primary and secondary recovery rate” for the lols.

1 Like

Yeah, but at least damage can be edited somehow. You can only lower firerate

A miracle has to happen for blizzard to try out our ideas on experimental

5 Likes

Actually true

1 Like

Yeah I guess, but it doesn’t work well with Genji, one of your shurikens will always deal the original damage.

looks good

Looks good, make sure you hide this thread from Ergyn.

2 Likes

the boy has me blocked most likely. you think i care about those silly takes he makes? :joy: weird how for a doomfist main to think genji is the most broken hero in the game he says… but yet doomfist is in a slightly better spot than him (yet doomfist is still bad just like genji). especially for a hero that he soft counters :roll_eyes:

1 Like

More like…

2/7/2021

We found that Genji was peforming too well in all ranks, so we’ve decided to tone down his power level

Deflect

• 2 secs —> 1 sec

Shuriken

• 28 damage --> 24 damage
  • Ammo count 30—> 24

Dragonblade

• No longer damage boostable
5 Likes

if this happens, do i have permission to kick you :joy: :fearful:

3 Likes

Honestly, these changes don’t seem bad. They don’t seem to be game breaking on paper and include things genji mains were asking for for a while.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks pretty clean and worth trying out. That fire rate nerf was the worst part of the recent genji changes imo. Playing into Blizzard’s fixation on making heroes feel weird n clunky

1 Like