A challenge for Mercy mains

And my challenge to you, is to make a thread for Mercy mains and their ideas, without telling them to first omit mass-rez as an idea, or belittling them because their opinions on resurrect differ from your own. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

To be honest, it’s better if each idea has it’s own separate discussion thread.

Workshop down some of the rough edges. See if the idea can stand up by itself.

Also if the devs can’t grasp the majority of the details about the concept in about 15 seconds after they open the thread, you’ve probably lost them.

Walls of Text are really ineffective.

But yeah, dunno if I’m having an impact on the devs or just really perceptive.
But I know I personally influenced a vast majority of changes in PlanetSide 1 dev team. To the point that I had even exchanged a few emails with their executive producer.

From personal experience, that’s what I’ve seen work.

1 Like

That’s actually a fair point. And I will edit the above post.

But I would caution against having those as the only ideas in the portfolio.

That’s what I was trying to do.

The thread ran away from me for the most part.

I wonder if it would make sense to link to Mercy post concepts, then post what you like about it, and how it could be improved.

If it helps as well, there are a plethora of ideas that can be found in the various Mercy Feedback threads as well (and over 80,000+ posts) outside of just removing or including mass-rez itself as a solution. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

I posted this in another thread before but it didnt gain much traction but here, I’ll contribute.

1. Buff Valkyrie
  • Valkyrie’s healing increases to 100hps, its an ult, its supposed to be game changing.
  • Remove chain healing, the best thing about Mercy was her juggling teammates to teammates, chain beams removes that.
  • Damage boost can be upped to like 40% (?)
  • Give her 1 charge of rez and the cast time is reduced to 1s, slow reduction becomes 25%/
  • Valkyries duration reduced to 10s.
  • (Optional) Combine Her healing beam and damage boost into 1 beam making it do 90hps and 30% damage
  1. Rework. Give her the Torb/ Sym treatment
  • Valkyrie is now Mercy’s her E while Ressurection is on her Ultimate again.
  • Valkyrie’s chain beam and higher self regen is removed, everything else is kept; infinite ammo and flight.
  • Valkyries healing increases to about 65hps
    -Valkyrie lasts for 5s for a 15scd.
  • Ressurection (Ultimate) (Option A); LoS, Cast time 0.8s and damage reduction replaces invulenrability.
  • Ressurection (Ultimate) (Option B); Similar to A but on the chance that its a pre-emptive ult, like Zilean from LoL. Once casts, she emits an aura like Zens, teammates who die within a certain amount of time, gets revived. Once the rez buff wears off, teammates wont get revived.
2 Likes

I think someone has already done this. :sweat_smile:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19jlYKIjvp3Hyi5yUFqeO5dqYnlav64DlvmfteAJpl2I/edit?usp=sharing

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

It’s definitely puzzled me why the people who wrote that document don’t post ideas like that as standalone discussion threads on the forums.

It’s a lot more variety of ideas than usual.

Because they made a poll and the one that got the most votes was the one highlighted in Titanium’s thread. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Well, do whatever tactics you think will work best. Me personally I’ve seen success by taking advantage of short attention spans, a bit of theming, and figuring out dozens design paths to get to a loosely defined goal.

Aka, spitballing ideas and seeing what sticks.

Putting all your eggs in one basket, and walls of text, is kinda the opposite of my experience of how to grab a developers attention and appreciation.

1 Like

Just a bit of heads up because Im not sure if it may or may not happen, but if you could put in a disclaimer that any form of toxicity needs to be left out of this thread and posters who do would have to kindly leave.

Because, well. Things can get pretty heated when it comes to Mercy.

Sure.

I’ve got three ideas of my own that you’ve seen quite a few times I think, might add them later since I’d like to present them in a more concise manner

Well, I’d suggest making a separate thread.

Better way to grab attention.

Please remove one or more of the following

Remove the increased beam range - it promotes a passive play style a mile away where coupled with the flight and self regen one is basically able to put themselves in to such save positions that the act of countering Mercy becomes almost impossible. Force her back into the engagement again and require her to think how to survive again.

Remove the chain beam on Valkryie - it lets one turn one’s brain off both towards decision making for 15 seconds, Mercy is supposed to be easy mechanically, this makes her too damn easy strategically currently.

Reduce the 15 second duration - its so long as it has to be long, its barely an ultimate, its the weakest ultimate in the game, honestly it feels like they had to make it 15 seconds as otherwise it would be the worst ultimate in the game by a wide margin.

In return buff her in other ways to compensate, but just please remove the auto pilot long/chain beam, self regen, flight components of her kit, they stack up so high that Mercy isn’t no longer mechanically demanding, she doesn’t even play the game for 15 seconds it feels like as very little choices need to be made.

1 Like

You got your character back, stop obsessing with other heroes which you don’t play.

Lmao. They were sledgehammer nerfs and a partial revert because they realized they royally eff’d up but they’ll never admit it.

1 Like

Not in literally any way. Mass res was balancable and they shouldve kept it in. But since you asked so nicely here is my take at it:

Ult- Heroes Never Die (dont judge the name please)
-15 m radius (like the old res)
-instant cast
-makes players in the 15 meters radius invulnerable for 3 seconds and heals 20% of the target’s missing hp over the course of these 3 seconds.
-requires line of sight
-cost: 2050 pts (like Valk)

E- Resurrect:
-it becomes like an “off-ultimate”. It has a meter, filled like the old torb armor meter, but by doing healing/dmg boosting/pistolling. The cost for a single res is around 1600 pts (30 seconds nonstop healing). There is room for just 2 resurrects BUT the ability has 10 seconds cooldown between uses (meaning you cannot just res someone and immediately start ressing someone else)
-has all the limitatios the current one has (5m range, LoS, cast time etc etc)

Caduceus staff:
-Healing rate increased to 60 hp/s from 50 hp/s
-Dmg boost now has a resource meter like defence matrix. You can use dmg boost for 8 seconds, and it will refill by itself. Healing will speed up the process.

Caduceus blaster:
-nothing changes

Guardian angel:
-Cooldown increased from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.

You know, numbers are to be changed, but thats what sounded good on paper.

Old Roadhog was balanced. The devs even admitted it. But the devs didn’t like the overall gameplay of having a character with those capabilities.

New Roadhog is going back to a similar playstyle, but it’s a lot more moderate in his firepower. Also a lot more counters exist nowadays.

I would look into trying to find a way to recreate similar types of experiences as old Mercy, while maybe being weaker in power, and moving a bit of values to other parts of her equipment.

1 Like

A lot new counters for mass res have appeared since it has been gone. While I do agree the mass res with i-frames was kinda OP, I think with a bit of tweaking + a new ability she may be fun and balanced.

The idea I gave you is my original idea for a mercy 3.0.
However I suggest reverting her to season 3 and adding BHop + some E ability to maybe give her a short range AoE burst heal on a mediocre CD (like holy nova in WoW, but just the ability, not its CD, it would be broken for her to spam it every 0.2 sec :D)