What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

I agree completely. Saving your team with a perfectly timed Trans or Beat is one of the best feelings in any game ever. So satisfying.

3 Likes

Drawn out teamfights are the most enjoyable times in this game.

23 Likes

I think depends on how long is “drawn out”.

If the fights end the moment one person dies, then that seems pretty bad imo.

15 Likes

oh boy, you have angered them…

Run

Now jokes aside, I really like how you guys are approaching it, still not convinced 5v5 is the way to go but I think at this point all that’s left is acceptance

4 Likes

All this is fine if the utility is there…

If it’s “Supports deal more damage, oh and Ana still has her dart and her 100% nulify healing” then support is going to suck (unless you like to play dps or Moira lol).

1 Like

In my head that played as that tiktok sound.

You know which one I mean.

In all seriousness, it’s understandable if folks have strong feelings about this direction. I’ll be sure to account for all of the sentiment we hear.

25 Likes

If you decide to stick with toned down healing, will supports be compensated in other areas of their kit?

Zen and Lucio already have low healing, but they more than make up for that by having cool “last line of defense” ults. Will more supports have defensive ults going forward?

3 Likes

Speaking honestly, I find this direction interesting… as long as teamfights can last for a longer while, and aren’t reeled in too far.

On another note… I would be highly interested in hearing more about Bastion in the coming times, if the team has anything to share on that specific hero.

(I have a post hanging around here somewhere with a rework suggestion based on Bastion, gathered from feedback over a few years from players)

There it is. ^,^

Brigitte’s stun is being removed?
Spicy!

3 Likes

Utility nerfed.

I like teamfights that are a dramatic tug-of-war even if my team loses in the end. Something that keeps you to the edge of your seat.

12 Likes

This is what was said basically in the tank thread. Makes it sound like they are trying to make just another generic shooter. Which is a shame, I don’t like those games. OW is the first game I have played and enjoyed on a regular basis for longer than a couple of weeks in 25 years. I play nearly every night after work for nearly 3 years now.

11 Likes

My guess, less sentry damage, but a 1.5x headshot. Then a variety of buffs.

1 Like

That would be a highly sought after change, actually.

As a base change, this along with a rework or removal of Ironclad, with defenses put into offensive capability… would make Bastion shine.

This man alone is literally carrying the entire dev team

5 Likes

haha funny edgy

Who asked for ur opinion?

And yes i know the community deserve basic communication from the devs but at this point we will take whatever we can get.

1 Like

Well more specifically:

1 Like

Your copy and pastes are FIGHTING RIGHT NOW :sob: :sob: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Hmm… I have to say, sadly I’m personally always against adding new abilities for Bastion, since it would bloat him, or take away from what he originally was.

(As a Bastion main)

I would love to see what you think of my suggested rework however.
(Especially the ultimate changes)

Removing Brigs stun but Ana is allowed to keep her sleep really shows how much fan armor some hereos have, and Brig players just have to constantly be thrown to under the bus.

Really disappointing.

13 Likes