1-4-1 might be the temporary way to go

This might suck, but the reality is, the game - with all it’s hero distribution over the roles - favour 1-4-1 rather than 2-2-2.

Until they make much more tanks and support, they should force 1-4-1. This will balance out the dps queue times, stop the tanks leaving, etc.

The negatives will be that tanks like Roadhog, Winston and support like Zenyatta will never get chosen.

3 Likes

1 healer for 5 teammates, for real?

21 Likes

It would suck, but the other team would be in the same situation.

Solo healing/tanking puts too much pressure on those.

I despised solo healing and would usually switch off (in comp- until another teammate switched to support and i would switch back).

13 Likes

still solo healing with all the dps Moiras around

1 Like

Why not? Overwatch has more healing than plenty of other games. If need be you could play with health packs of have health regen slowly.

1-4-1 is extremely unfun and one of the worst compositions to play in. That would be an instantaneous game uninstall for me.

12 Likes

The dps Moiras would go to dps as the queue would be shorter. The dps Moiras exist because of the long queue times for dps.

1 Like

Worst idea ever, thank you next.

5 Likes

As what? Tank, dps or support?

Just make it min 1 max 3 for each category, with ability to switch between roles. No lock, you’ll be able to flex, will always have healers and tanks, not too absurd comps, and the option to switch if you feel someone isn’t pulling their weight.

1 Like

They already tested it and didn’t like it. It puts too much importance on your lone tank and support.

4 Likes

I mean one Medic in TF2 offers enough value that they can carry 11 other people

I don’t think any support in OW could say the same lol

2 Likes

All of it. None of it is enjoyable. Anything more than 3 of any role is a massive chore and godawful. 4 dps is unfun to play and play against. Too much damage flying in and tanks amd healers struggling to keep up with enormous pressure to do so because if they die your team has nothing. Everyone fighting over health packs.

The screaming for 222 was precisely because of 4+ dps comps.

The devs even tried it internally and said it was very unfun and hated.

8 Likes

I sort of agree, but the game would have to be even more drastically changed to accommodate

Why not?

TF2 has similar damage numbers and yet the Medic does far less healing in most circumstances (Max range crusaders crossbow can compete) than most of the Overwatch supports.

Extreme overreaction and extremely over dramatic

Source?

4 Likes

I like this idea.

I don’t think it was overly dramatic at all. I genuinely hate 411. I will uninstall instantly and never look back if it’s implemented. I am willing to wait already in long queues to avoid it. And I’m not alone in that last part.

4 Likes