🧐 (Hero 32) 1/3/2 theory: This could have been a Testing ground for Echo!?!

So a few months back, I have been theorizing what Echoes abilities might be.

Obviously 3 are easy to guess, Bomblet gun and likely two more for flying stuff.

But the last 2 are hard to actually guess because they would likely be the healing support and Ult ability.

But when the 1/3/2 was announced, I was a little surprised

Because the two abilities I had theorized before as possibilities were there
 on two Tanks.

Aka the Roadhog’s new take a breather effect and Zarya’s group bubble effect.

Though it was a little different from my previous prediction.

I had previous thought of the bubbles Having Healing and not be that effective. (Was the healing ability)

And the smokescreen was actually going to have a lot more smoke
 to work like an actual smokescreen. (Was the Ult)

But after seeing these two abilities on the ExC

I would now starting to think it’s going to be the reverse(meaning take a breather is gonna be the ability (thinking placement ability) and group bubble is gonna be the Ult.)

But if this was a testing ground we have to wait (and waitđŸ„ș) just to find out and see.

My theory is they wanted to push the envelope of tank player’s patience again

5 Likes

Maybe there will be a video going over it.

We know for sure liking weeks or months from now.

More likely than not,
Archives will be when we see Echo

We may not get a new story mission but a new hero to play around with, and one as highly anticipated as Echo, no less, would definitely make up for it

I just want her to have free flight as her passive,
Doomfist on your back?
no worries, Echo’s got you covered

4 Likes

My theory is they wanted to test some of the abilities for ow2.

4 Likes

Just a reminder: We have never ever, ever, ever seen a hero release paired with an event with the exceptions of Blizzcon.

But anyway made this topic more to focus on the last 2 abilities in Echo kit if you don’t think it’s the ones on 1/3/2.

Dude, I’ve been on the forums for over a year. In that time, I’ve really found out that you are definitely the “tin foil hat” guy, around here.

For the record, I don’t say that in a negative way. If anything, I find it rather interesting. Because usually wild theories/are my department (in most of my other social groups).

So, Good on you for making my job easier. Lol.

4 Likes

To be fair was forced into a 6 month break because of that Doomfist hate back then. (And I don’t even focus Doomfist)

So let’s just kinda share

1 Like

Good theory! :thinking:

While I’m here wondering how her skins will be

1 Like

Leonora obviously is likely one.

Too good to pass and would fit the model.

Then the other could be the other one we have seen before we knew about Echo. (Beta Echo)

Dunno
 the only thing we got about Echo is her design and a few vague abilities she showed during Blizzcon. And that was a cinematic.

We would need to get more info before we theorize anything

1 Like

Honestly waiting for more info could be a very very long time.

Plus it’s something to pass the time, so it’s better to theorize then to not.

Maybe we’re right and you’re trying to hide the facts :thinking:

just a theory

1 Like

A GAME THEORY!!!

(had to say it)

More likely it was the testing ground for some OW2 talents.

We also have never ever, ever, ever had to wait a year+ for one new hero. The normal schedule is out the window, and we are only getting 1 new hero before OW2 arrives (which is presumably either around Anniversary time in Spring, or the holidays) so Archives hero release actually makes perfect sense.

Especially since Jeff said we’d need more “lore” to get Echo, aka any sort of archives comic or short story.

Or worst case scenario (but also likely): we have to wait until upcoming Blizzcon for the new hero, it’s Echo and she is released with a new cinematic to give further background, and they also announce that OW2 will be releasing in December for the holidays and with the next gen consoles. :confused:

I don’t know why people are forcing themselves into believing that.

When Dev said nothing changing to this Achieve event
 That includes new heroes
*Even though again, that still hasn’t been ever a thing.

And yeah it’s likely being done like this so they can forc
 I mean “migrate” us to the next gen of consoles.

Seen this done before with another game series. (this is nothing new.)