[✅] One way to fix DoubleBarrier

I mean, yeah they could buff OffTanks, but that’s still not good create a weakness for BarrierTanks.

Honestly, I’d prefer going the route of “BarrierTanks are weaker at close range”.
But all have Rein tier barriers, and are a bit more DPS-ish.

[✅] Simplified AnchorTank Buff/Nerfs
[✅] Expanded DoubleBarrier fixes

it could, if they are buffed well enough.

if we give them this super strong utility, lets say this idea i thought of, bringing back 1-3-2 TaB aura with %Damage resistance and %CCresistance then picking someone like roadhog inestead e for another barrier may be something to consider (because god knows i will take AntiCC any time i can)

or making hammond stronger, you wont need two barriers if hammond can delete that widow on the other side of the map with his 1s airlock back

i feel like this is too oriented to a OWL-Like enviroment tbh, rendering too team dependant is something that does more harm than good (see symmetra)

you can barely deal with someone like a reaper right now (especially in the lower ranks) if your team doesnt help you, let alone like that.

Honestly, if you look at skill tiers, aside from trickling. The main thing keeping skill tiers apart is how long they spend poking at the enemy team at range before pushing in.

Also in solo-queue if you offer people the ability to 1v1 better, they are probably going to play that hero more. Granted Orisa would lose some matchups at closer ranges, but overall would be getting more kills.

Additionally Orisa would effectively become a Pharah counter.

I dunno, it’s a different thing entirely since Orisa’s shield is on cooldown. When Sigma’s hacked he can redeploy immediately. Unless we’re giving the shorter cooldown OP suggested Sombra just deletes Orisa’s usefulness entirely.

No theres much more than this

Other than aim, there is also gamesense,

and gamesense is the really big factor here,

i personally have terrible aim but really good gamesense, so, you can rely on me to turn arround and peel, but you cant put me on DPS because i just cant land a shot, for example,

thats why i tend to prefer utility over damage, because i just can make use of it much better than everyone arround me could,

but there are other people who are better at aiming, but dont have as much gamesense, so they will go ahead and start getting kills but when your supports need help they dont even notice, so everything falls apart

you should encourage and reward teamwork, but not enforce it

i mean its not like pharah needs more counters, and the tank roster already has dva for that, and technically hammond and sigma can work too

I figure it’s a good thing for Pharah to get more counters in the long run.
Means more “budget” for buffs.

𓂀 Pharah ideas thread

For pharah i personally prefer

• 250 HP
  • Off combat selfheal

since echo would be superior in every way compared to pharah, id rather take her in another direction,

while echo is more of the “Fighter” nimble and quick, pharah can be more of a “bomber” tanky, slow, AoE

Sombra isn’t best used as a tank buster anymore. Her best use now is anti dive and support peel. She stops Doom virtually in his tracks, makes life that much harder for Tracer and Genji, and really makes dive tanks afraid to dive.

Why you want to put her back in the 2017 box if only being useful if she could flank and hack a Rein…I dunno.

It’s more of a “Getting hit by EMP with DoubleBarrier is a death sentence”

Dealing with too much barriers is kinda what EMP is all about.

It’s an ult, it’s supposed to be powerful. Well, unless it’s Earthshatter, but those wacky devs, what can ya say?

I mean the easy changes for Pharah are

1. Faster horizontal move speed while airborne
  2. The capability to cancel her Ultimate midway through

Yes…?

The whole idea here is that by giving AnchorTanks a lot of shieldhealth, and preventing the “shoot an orisa barrier into the sky when EMP goes off”.

You basically make it so that if you got a DoubleBarrier and get hit by EMP, that you’re kinda without options, asside from a Support that’s hiding with an Ult, a Baptiste that threw his Immortality field upwards, or a Mei wall.

Reminds me, gotta add “Move Mei to the Tank Role”

Oh yeah the ult is definetly a must, however i dont want to go for Easy changes

overwatch has enough of those “Easy” changes that always sidestep the character problems,

it needs to start thinking of some more complex mechanics, for both Fun, and Balance, see hammonds mobility, its very complex and very reliant on momentum, but its very fun because of that

like that +%BarrierDamage on barrier kill idea i said, that would certainly be a good pick against double barrier,

so we gotta start thinking long term, not for the short term,

Hitscans are also an example of this, they buffed Mccree/Ashe because they couldnt keep up with widow and broke them, then broke Soldier to keep up with them. And now we are at this problem.

But if they buffed Ashe with something like %AntiHeal on dynamite, Mccree with 250hp or maybe I-frames on roll, or some other special ability on F (like my old suggestion of "ammo switch) and soldier with like biotic field buffs, sprint reloading and maybe damage resistance, crouch damage reduction and spread

then you arent in this situation where you just have 5 characters competing for “who clicks heads better” (which widow will always win) but people pick them based on preference of situation / gameplay cycle

thats why i think pharah needs to be taken in another direction, no “easy” buffs,

If a Orisa barrier is the difference in a fight against a team who’s been EMP’d, you have bigger problems than Orisa’s barrier, I promise you.

The thing is I’m trying to come up with a solution that targets GM/Masters/Pro players, who can do that reliably.

Why?

It’s kind of like watching GM Sigma’s who always save Flux for Nanoblade, or Lucios who always save Beat for Flux, of Sombras who save EMP for Beat.

It’s just good play, which needs to be rewarded, not punished.

Because DoubleBarrier is boring.
It should have legit vulnerabilities that make it into a cheese comp, and not a meta comp.

And Rein/Zarya is boring for the other 90% of the playerbase, and they could use some maintank variety.

Then make some more main tanks, or get people to stop whining when Hammond is brought out. And teach them to shoot shields.

That does literally nothing to remove the problem of DoubleBarrier, and it doesn’t fundamentally make Tanks playstyle more fun.

And isn’t even in the realm of possibility anyways, since they already said no new heroes before OW2 comes out. Which probably isn’t for another 6-10 months.

i was actually trying to come up with a non barrier main tank

how does an idea of having a passive ability that reduces all damage coming from targets at more than lets say, 10m by 25% (maybe it gets worse the further you are?) and some E that enchances this to 50-75% temporarily?

its a unfinished concept but i really like that idea