★ PSA: All the ExC changes just went live (Reasons included) Except 1 (Sym 4 second buff didnt make it)

Thoughts?

All the reasoning:

BRIGITTE
  • After gaining multiple Repair Pack charges, Brigitte was enabled to play at safer distances while still having a powerful impact on her team. Combined with her personal barrier, she ended up not needing as much survivability in terms of raw health.
  • Inspire has also had a powerful team impact despite being hard to feel due to its passive nature, so we are lowering its team-wide healing output while making it more useful for Brigitte herself.
ORISA

The large radius of Orisa’s Halt! ability made it too effective in setting up combos against large groups of enemies on a relatively short cooldown. The changes to the projectile speed and radius are aimed at shifting its use to be more effective at catching single targets.

PHARAH
  • We’re making some adjustments to Hover Jets that should increase her flight speed and make her more agile. To compensate for this change, we’re also lowering her hover uptime.
  • Rocket Barrage has such immense damage output that the tail end of the duration was often more of a liability than a benefit, especially with fewer barriers around to blast through.
ROADHOG

These weapon changes are intended to make Roadhog’s Chain Hook combo more consistent and bring back some of the heavyweight feeling it had in the past.

SIGMA

Given Sigma’s offensive strength with Hyperspheres and Accretion, we have reduced some of his defensive tools to bring him more in line with other Tank heroes.

SYMMETRA

We’re reducing the cooldown of the Teleporter to help lower the friction between needing to use it as both a personal and team-focused mobility tool.

ZENYATTA

Zenyatta has low healing and mobility outside of his ultimate but makes up for it with high potential damage output. With the recently lowered barrier uptime resulting in an overall faster pace of the game, we want to make sure Zenyatta still excels at his strengths. This change will make his charged attack flow a bit better in combat.

Rip sym 4 seconds buff

7 Likes

I cannot say I’m surprised, just disappointed

Also the sym beam change didn’t go through for some reason

10 Likes

Pretty happy about it, less double shields hopefully now and more flanking roadhogs and pharah is finally fun to play again

LMFAO THEY DIDN’T EVEN GIVE SYM THE 4 SECOND CHARGE

What a JOKE

RIP Sigma
RIP Orisa

This balance team is so out of touch. If I made as many mistakes as they did, I would have lost my job a long time ago

41 Likes

Ibfir one look forward to double barrier brawl with sigma and rein at the helm along ana as always and Lucio sinc epoeple are terrified when he’s not meta for once

Or maybe nothing will happen

I just don’t understand why Rein is allowed to be the only main tank? I don’t play tank often but when I do I pick sigma or orisa because I’m terrible with Rein, and they were already not that good. I mean, can’t we have one option for those of us who don’t like melee heroes?

17 Likes

I just saw the “Bring Sigma in line with other tanks”

And nearly died

They literally do-not care about Ladder outside of GM and OWL at this point

20 Likes

That’s what I whas looking for when I saw this
https://imgur.com/aO681id
You baited me with the ALL THE EXC CHANGES… :joy:

They brought all the changes from experimental to live… WHAT A SHOCKER!

Well… Minus Sym cause we can’t her mains running wild…

2 Likes

They really dont

They nerfed brigs inspire over repair :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Agreed.

Accurate representation of my reaction to when patch hit live in the middle of my session:

11 Likes

Figured this one out when they talked about if they bring back Moira’s experimental mass fade that they’d bring it back without the cleanse effects and…Literally that’s the ability EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR A SUPPORT TO HAVE while people had problems with the temp invulnerability.

1 Like

So… if this end up in widow dominance in high ranks…I’m happy to be in plat, but hey will be more fun to watch right?.

Widow’s right behind Ashe in pick/winrate right now. We’re already there just about.

Because blizz still secretly consider sym as a support and everybody knows supports cant get good stuff in balance patches.

5 Likes

No fun allowed for Symm.

8 Likes

Can they just say they don’t know what to do with her already because LMAOO

11 Likes

i expected this…gotta fix OWL i guess

1 Like

Still waiting for that workshop scaling feature…

1 Like

RIP queue times

5 Likes