Zera needs a change

Sure thing, every hero needs a rework lately. Let’s change again Gazlowe or another hero that was recently reworked.

1 Like

Prepare your Point and click CC, don’t draft a squishy backline with poor escapes and regroup.

1 Like

Absolutely nice reaction by Diablo. Good example how timed point & click cc just destroys those hypermobile assassines.

Zera can get countered with a stun, or if team quickly reacts to him poppin up.
He’s a strong squish hunter and tbh while i too experience him to be anoying from time to time i think he’s fine.

Valeera is abit more anoying that needs a change alot more than Zeratul does imo.
I really dislike that she can do alot of damage and then enter a smokescreen then dissapear. THAT reduces counter play alot more than Zera.

That’s expected from one of the best mage player in the game. Although, Kure got baited into peeling for Dehaka’s poor positioning.

3 Likes

Probably and not even Wormhole could save him here it was way too well and fast excecuted. But I wonder why it’s expected to play that well from an mage player? Diablo isn’t a mage, but a tank, is he?

And sometimes you just get lucky!

2 Likes

if ur alone with him, yeah he can kill you fast, when i play as butcher, if im feed i can kill him in 1 v1, but the best counter play is never beeing alone, and stun or root him, he has a few counters plays, but generally speaking he can kill ranged dps fast, the only true counter is hoping enemy zera to make a mistake and punish him

Every hero is countered by CC. Except DW.

If it’s like Samuro and his counter is “Counter him as a group” I call BS.

Isn’t Zeratul going to be targetting Morales herself?

1 Like

And Leoric or Johanna. Leo’s big strengths against CC is that W-drain is still active even when stunned and if you try to wombo him, he just escapes with E.

Why? They are fragile carrys/duelist and their strength is their mobility. Mobility is naturally countered by CC, so yes it’s their counter. Isn’t basically any diver have the same weakness? Tracer, Genji, Zeratul or Samuro are all known for their hypermobility. Valeera counts also, but she is a bit less mobile, but for that she has stealth on demand and cc.

1 Like

yes but zeratul blows up easily. I think what people are witnessing is in QM your typical team will not follow up after a CC.

People use their ults randomly, I can’t count how many times I’m playing zera and murky just grabs me with the ult but their team just casually strolls by chasing someone else instead of killing me…lol

They can both get locked down and killed. You can get CC’ed too fast to react, or baited. The abilities are going to be on cooldown eventually.

Yes, but “find someone to help you” is not a counter.

I don’t think there’s one specific hero who’s Zera’s counterpick. BW has the best chance I think.

1 Like

That’s a hell of work to do so though and only possible, if they got ganked by a full man team.

Varian? Murky? Both have an easy point and click CC and Murky in late game could do it solo?

Why not? It’s a team game after all and not an 1v1 game. Some heroes are great duelists and are weaker in 5v5 teamfights - what’s the problem with that? Morales for example is the opposite, she is team-dependent and powerful in team, but weak solo…

No, it will happen during regular teamfights. As you can see:

You can only use Iron skin once, and then anything goes.

Yes, but all of them need help from someone else.

Ok then. It’s not a counterpick.

1 Like

Sure it can happen, but then Johanna or Leoric let it happen, because engaged/overextended, but in general it is hard to kill Johanna or Leoric, except they are bad or they intended their deaths for sth. greater.

Does Murky need help, when he skilled his upgraded octograb? Can’t he almost insta-gib him by his combo?

But heroes as Murky, Varian, Uther or Brightwing are counterpicks?

3 Likes

Johanna and Leo players don’t generally have 0 deaths every game. There’s a difference between being less susceptible to CC, and being immune to it. Especially for Leo who leaves himself open while he moves his body. If you have enough burst, you don’t even need CC. (I miss his armor during E talent :frowning: )

Haven’t been at exactly 100% to test it, so I’m not sure if it’s 100% to 0. But I know Zera kills Murky faster and requires np setup. But I’m pretty sure Murky doesn’t get the kill if Zera picked spell armor at 13.

Mmmm, I’m not sure actually. Good point.

Indeed there is a difference, but deathwings immunity has his own disadventage being also immune to his team’s abilitys. That’s balance it out and I would say that’s why he isn’t greater against cc than Leoric or Johanna, because they can be healed/shielded and so on.

I play all three heroes and if I compare Deathwing to Leoric, then it’s not really a big difference between them being good against cc, at least not around silver-gold. I prefer Leo for example against Gazlowe, because his heroic is useless against Leo.

That’s not surprising, because everyone can kill Murky in a duel, because he has the lowest health, but if he weakens Zera after his combo and Zera has to go back than it could be a win for Murky, because Murky comes back faster to the scene of action (depends where the egg is)? Murky is like Leo, they can trade their deaths for others to get benefit.

1 Like

Let me put you in my entomb and we can discuss it lol.

1 Like

Well Entomb at 20 is gamechanging and can win teamfights on his own. :stuck_out_tongue: Even DW dislikes Entomb, because than he can’t escape the succ (except he uses his heroic) and dies faster. :joy:

Or me, because I do it everytime. The “fear effect” of DW is so slow it’s not hard to dodge it with Leoric. It’s Medallion on steriods.

1 Like