Your AI cannot lane, and cannot do objectives

It still circle jerks all day while trying to lane.
It still cannot do the impossible task of opening a chest on blackheart’s.
It cannot finish a payment on tomb. (and choses to try with 1 gd coin and not even close to capped btw).
This is not even bothering to discuss how absolutely gd terrible it is at any team fights. It is that your AI, three years in, STILL CANNOT DO THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL TASKS IN THE GAME. This would not even test out of beta at any level of competency, yet the almighty Blizzard cannot even make a bot walk down a lane of minions and successfully complete its task. Is this even laughable?

4 Likes

it’s an AI it doesn’t have a human brain to think that it should be solo laning and when to do it exactly. however that doesn’t mean it’s great of course it does need an improvement whatsoever but i don’t think the AI is the issue to solve while there’s way bigger things needs focus instead of fixing an AI.

I’ve seen the AI execute some impressive wombos, actually.

But yeah, it’s 50-50 on turning in/capping stuff.

/shrug

So… much like the playerbase then

5 Likes

The AI was MUCH better than this until a patch about a year ago when they broke it and for some reason they have refused to acknowledge it ever since. It’s baffling. I’m sure a forum search can tell us the exact date that it broke.

7 Likes

Okay so the AI was broken by a patch in Feb.

See these forum posts for reference, all dated mid Feb

1 Like

I think the idea is to reinforce the philosophy that you’d rather have a player playing the hero VS AI taking over and actually being more useful.

That said, I wish AI did properly scale to the MMR level of the match. It’s so painful when a player rage quits, leaves for whatever reason. Happens way too often for the AI to play worse than Bronze 5.

Okay so THIS is the patch that broke the AI.

FEBRUARY 12, 2019

Note this line from the patch notes.

A.I.

• Made several improvements to Hero A.I. behavior

What they need to do is revert the AI to the code used before this patch and it should be an immediate improvement.

I’m too lazy to look, but in some later patch notes or a dev post they did acknowledge the problems with the AI after that patch. They also stated they were keeping the changes but would make improvements in future patches. I do believe there were some later patch notes where they made some fixes…but…

Yup, they did fix some of the damage, but the AI behaviour is still far worse than before the “improvements”. I feel sorry for those who like to play vs AI, can’t be much fun.

2 Likes

it’s definitely been improved from what it was just after that patch. still has some major issues though, especially with objectives. watching a bot repeatedly start channeling an object but never going through with it is infuriating :triumph:

1 Like

Pinging the AI to follow you helps a bit. It can’t lane or do obj on their own but at least they’ll be there with you for team fights. I’d rather have that than a human player who thinks its better to soak lanes instead of team fight for objective.

1 Like

Yea if you dont ping AI they are completely useless. Most of they seem to bug out and get stuck walking back and forth or hearthing back to base.

They do stupid stuff like sitting in Sergeant hammer range attack until they die. Very frustrating.

When I play AI, I ping all on me and travel as one big group. They still dont engage all the time but it’s less of a headache with them with you.

2 Likes