What suddenly happened to the AI?

Last patch or the one before had some AI improvements in it, hard to notice as its just a short sentence passing by.

1 Like

Seems like they brought “the take camps frenzy” to the AIs back again.

I remember probaby last year the AI was so insane they went for all the merc camps and sometimes got themselves killed as they trying to get boss on level 5 ~ 7

3 Likes

Oh the AI is definitely loving bosses right now, BHB, AI disappeared off the map and theyre bossing every time.

They do it quite a bit on Warhead and Cursed hollow as well, takes me by surprise because its not something i expect but its always in the early game when the AI isnt sitting in base because they dont have any keeps left.

So their bosses do nothing.

2 Likes

AI usually go for Boss as soon as it is late in Xp at a certain rate, but I don’t know which one :sweat_smile:
But it’s easy to guess when AI goes for it, or for a HardCamp, because as you said, they just vanished off the minimap :joy:

Oh, most AI players just keep tunnel visioning their lanes and such and have no clue… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When your mates are bigger Ais than Ai itself.feelsbadman

1 Like

Most are there to learn basics of the game though

If you haven’t learned stuff like objectives, health globes are good, and don’t tunnel one lane by player level 200+ then you aren’t ever going to ‘learn’ it.

1 Like

In my personal experience whenever I’ve played vs Ai, if I were to take a camp, the Ai would always try to assist me, even if it meant hearthing to get there faster.

Just becauspeiole do things alot, it doesnt mean they get better at it.

I got a friend lvl 2500+ whos a Gold player for real. He likes to farm AI.

Just an update. The AI returned to normal after that game. They were doing camps all game in just 1 other game after that, and then they stopped caring about them again :smiley:
I think it may have something to do with the heroes they are playing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At first, I thought you were talking about the AI…

Excelsior!

lately if you can’'t find the ai and there’s a camp up you can take a good guess as to where they are.

I have not kept track of it myself but I think that when the A.I have heroes that are good at taking mercenary camps they go nuts. It might have also something to do with the map to. I hardly if ever see A.I take camps on Dragon Shrine but seeing them take camps on Blackheart’s Bay is rather common.

1 Like

So you’ve just contradicted your original point.

People can still be learning the basics at lvl 200+ pretty easily, i learnt not to tunnel vision after lvl 400 and to time the camps right at 600+ when i first went to ranked, i just played for fun and mostly just a couple of heroes which none of were good at taking camps.

AI is now broken after patch. Someone went AFK and the AI did not follow me and it just wandered around the map like a dumb bot.

1 Like

Isn’t that what they usually did unless you pinged it to follow you?

They did their job accordingly but this patch made caused them to behave the following:

1. Ping AI
  2. AI Hearth back
  3. Walks outside of the keeps area
  4. AI Hearth back
  5. Repeat until you ping them back to no longer follow you which causes them to go back to normal.
1 Like

What again? A few patches ago some AI exhibited behaviour you listed, they’ve regressed! I’ve been away for a bit and been lucky enough not to have AI in my games as of writing this.