Would HOTS want a pair of heroes that have special interactions with each other?

I did! But keep in mind presentation is at least half the battle when it comes to convincing people to adopt your ideas. This community is very hostile to lol pitches.

I think a duo of heroes who can only be picked together would be neat. Would be a great way to experiment with ways for a hero to cc or other wise manipulate their own team sense youd be playing with a friend instead of a random dude.

1 Like

Unless HOTS devs code it so they can’t be used individually, they may end up being by themselves. That’s why I wrote those heroes must be viable by themselves (B-tier) but if in the right comp (together) they skyrocket in effectiveness but not in a too game-breaking way.

In QM you might be able to code it to be like Cho’gall where you can’t pick just one before queuing so yeah, it’d work there. In ranked though you’d have to pick them in the same pick phase like Chogall? This could be discussed whether or not they should be allowed to play separately or not. They’re not like Cho and Gall where they absolutely rely on each other to move/attack.

seriously, “how, here is how two heroes can work together as a special duo”. Who cares what game it’s from.

It isn’t a “Hey if HotS had individual experience and you couldn’t deny experience and had two different bosses in each map it would be more popular, like LoL!”

If there was an example of something cool in some random terrible sports franchise that could be adapted to work in HotS and be cool, WHO CARES THE SOURCE?

Especially not when the OP is Tooton, who to my knowledge, just tries to challenge the norms/undestand things better. There is no malice or wanting to change everything “because” in their posts.

I disagree with plenty of what they post, but trying to drive away something because they dare so even mention another game is silly.

they certainly can do that, but I think it would make it impossible to balance them.

if you’re forcing them together in QM, to me you would force them together all the time?

Also because it would be funny and probably good for qm overall… make them a tank and healer hah! :wink:

League balances the duo separately, but if HOTS wants to go the Cho’gall route, I won’t say no. Viable separate, but more powerful effects when together

huh, actually now i have a wild “multi-class” idea in my mind because of this.

As in, say, the tank is a bruiser when alone, but becomes a tank when both are played.

And the other is more of a “support” who becomes a healer when both on the same team.

But i think that would be way to much.

back on topic: I think they would balance them together. And maybe throw on a % buff to some things to make them not-bad solo.

Balance them together as in forcing both to be selected in the same pick phase in ranked, and must be together in a premade party? Or for quick match could one person queue and chance not ending up with its duo?

as in balanced around them both being on the same team.

Because balancing both solo and together performance is probably very time intensive to make sure pair isn’t OP, but solo is not to weak.

But because making pair balanced means solo is weak, they throw a simple buff to make them not to weak.

Like say solo they both get +10% to their hp and damage.

Ashe and BOB. They would be so perfect as a duo hero. I’ve wanted BOB to be playable since they showed him at Blizzcon.

1 Like

It’d break tradition of HOTS to change an OW hero’s ult but I guess Ashe and BOB could work. From a 1 minute search their relationship seems more master + servant instead of lovebird equals but the duo heroes don’t have to copy the lovebird equal power dynamic archetype, especially if they’re only allowed to be one same team and not by themselves

I have a concept idea for Twin Emperor’s (Anh’Qiraq, WoW) that’s been floating around in my head. Maybe someday I’ll post it. But basically, they have to be picked together.

I’m on board with the idea.

If we get ~75% of the boards to write the “approved” stamp, then I can share on reddit and see if they want it too

As long as they can be picked separately (and aren’t total trash), I’d be fine with it.

Oop gotta talk with Planar

even if you were to only go by the latest stickied topic (Feedback thread) as an estimation of the forum populace, that’s still over 5000.

5000 people aren’t going to ‘approve’ anything that doesn’t have a blizz dev not on it: they don’t care.

Reddit is a separate context from the forums and generally doesn’t have the same sort of reactions, interest, and so on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5ekfez/a_different_take_on_dualplayer_heroes_the_eredar/

People have made lists of this sort of notion before, but they were particular to blizz heroes as a way to foster how the interactions will either be dependent on each other, or (if not a forced pick) how they would work a apart.

If synergies aren’t more specific in effect, then it’s really not all that different from someone picking Medic; she’s a lot ‘lower a tier’ a hero if she doesn’t have a pick for “special interactions” with her heroics.

Without little else than vague suggestions on the idea, then its not a “75% approval” because concept and names aren’t really all that unique and need more substance or specifics to engage audiences.

1 Like

Whelp that means the devs already know about it. GG as always. It’s in their hands to guide the game development

Twin Emperors (Vek’lor and Vek’nilash) from WoW.
One was a caster that was resistant to physical damage and the other was melee with magic resist, health was shared between them and they could heal each other if within a certain range.

Not entirely sure how well that could be balanced or what other abilities they could have.
Also they’re one of the coolest Hearthstone cards:

2 Likes

They could work, but someone above wanted a tank + healer duo to encourage people to play tanks and healer

1 Like

that was me, and it was more of a “you could try to use it to make QM a bit better”.

At the end of the day, if the concept works better with different roles, let it go on with different roles!

1 Like