Worst hero lore-wised?

yeah her story was this. hi everyone i’m a mercenary that nobody ever heard about me in their life and now i’m a hero! my backstory? ha nothing to worry about smileyface oh also i DoNt GeT pAyEd EnOuGh FoR tHiS

2 Likes

Yeah it’s kinda ironic Qhira is either an expert mercenary or just a trash-talk woman with overstimated pride. It’s for you (the players) to decide. :rofl:

3 Likes

you want to win this game? pay me more than the enemy team did and i’ll not int and feed! i won’t E in and get myself in middle of enemy team i only do that because i don’t get payed enough so i make you suffer till you pay me more!

No no no. This thread isn’t directly pointed at Qhira. It’s just for sharing who do you think has the worst backstory. And well, imo Qhira is the most poorly-written one ;-;

5 Likes

Qhira has no backstory so she doesn’t count.

Im going to go with anduin. Based only on the videos ive seen.

“Father peace pls”

“Father war bad”

“See father you died in a war its bad”

*becomes king and immediately joins a war

I dont get how people Defend the horde. They’re basically germany with their warmongering.

6 Likes

If you play thought D3 story and stay and listen to every conversation, you would learn each Nephalem’s background and their personality. D2 hero has less lore than D3 Nephalem.

a little out of topic

I don’t mind the Nephalem concept in D3. I don’t understand why people complain D3 is too heroic and not dark enough. There is nothing dark about D2 when people don’t stay and listen to the conversation and/or people just do this all the time https://youtu.be/LIYfqBHiVRs

2 Likes

Having more of something does not automatically make it better. I’d rather have one Caramilk bar than a whole pile of those weird, thick tasteless chocolate bars you only see on Halloween.

1 Like

Nexus: Qhira - has no lore. Doesn’t count.

Warcraft : Iirc Lunara, Brightwing and Murky were first introduced in HotS. Not sure if Murky was first introduced in the book “The Traveler” though. However all three have been canonized in Legion, however Brightwing and Murky got their own quest chains, while Lunara is just a random Dryad chilling around with the Druids doing nothing, so she’s a candidate. There’s also E.T.C that’s been there since Warcraft 3, but he never really fit anywhere. So Lunara and E.T.C qualify. However there’s also Anduin, his lore sucks really, but he has lots of it, so doesn’t count.

Starcraft : Iirc Blaze, Lt.Morales, Sgt. Hammer and Probius were first introduced in the Nexus, and to my knowledge all have appeared in SC2, but with small cameos, and almost no lore at all.

Diablo : All heroes. Their names and even genders don’t even have to appear in game. As some people said on my topic(Diablo heroes in HotS) it’s been hinted in Diablo that those are canon names and genders(at least for some) and some will appear in Diablo Immortal, and have their short stories, but still.

Overwatch : All heroes in hots have their Pixar quality animated shorts(Tracer even has quite a few) except for Ana, Lucio and Zarya. Ana has a minute long Origin, while the other two have none, so they qualify.

TL;DR (man do I write walls of text) imo it’s E.T.C simply because there are dozens of Tauren possibilities, and they added a Tauren that doesn’t fit anywhere and looks just weird.

3 Likes

Ok, but I still don’t see how Nephalem is bad lore.

Murky has been in WoW almost since the beginning, in that he was a companion pet and a toy/costume given to people who attended the first Blizzcon. He also shows up as an NPC in various areas. After he was introduced to HotS, he was given a larger role in WoW in that he is part of various quest chains/dailies in Legion and BfA.

Edit: Brightwing was also referenced in the flavor text for the Fey Dragon mount introduced in Mists of Pandaria.

1 Like

It’s just less interesting to have “super-awesome children of prophecy!” when you’re coming from a bleak series where you played as normal humans, who had small victories that more often than not made things worse.

I mean, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just not very special.

Canonically, those are two different Murkys. Blizzcon Murky is blue and speaks Common (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Murky%27s_Copper_Coin). HotS Murky is green and speaks Nerglish (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Murky%27s_Coin).

2 Likes

Murlocs are fungible.

why do people say Qhira doesn’t count because she has no lore? she does and it’s the worst of the worst.

5 Likes

I played DI and DIII a lot (and a lil’DII), they have backstories, yes, but they’re still a powerfantasy that wins every single fight they have (except one time when Imperius saves you but you beat something that beat Imp, so you actually didn’t need him and he just flexed or it’s bad writing).

I have nothing against them, but I think their lore is the weakest.

2 Likes

Yeah. I dunno why they say she has no lore. Well in this case how do we know she came from Iresia then? :joy:

3 Likes

Kerrigan would like to have a word with you. :laughing:

And Thrall, and Sylvanas and Jaina as of late… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

maybeee we just took a guess? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Because she was so half done that its an unfair competition. I think some characters are actually just badly written vs Qhira who just doesn’t have anything. I’m not counting the small paragraph bio.

If she’s counted she definitely wins though.

1 Like

she was not “half done” that’s just how badly her lore was written that’s why you believe it’s unfair / doesn’t count. but being a horrible written lore doesn’t mean it doesn’t count / unfair whatsoever

3 Likes

I’m a little more forgiving with her because they were clearly planning on adding her into the comics they were making, but for some reason designed her kit before she appeared in the story. Then the story got discontinued. Not saying that the comics were amazing but I feel like they would have at least given her a real backstory.