Worst hero lore-wised?

(From the current heroes in the game)

Which hero do you think has a poorly-written or cliched backstory? Personally I’d go with Qhira. She just came from a realm we never even heard of (until she was released) and after it got destroyed, she became the only survivor (Oh and according to herself (with clicking quotes), she’s smarter, faster, and stronger than everyone else, and yet still being unable to change things. Or… save anyone… )

Anyways. Which hero do you think has the worst lore?

10 Likes

Out of all characters in the Nexus i would say Lunara.
Her lore is basicly that she’s the first daughter of Cenarius, and walks around living her life. Nothing special.

7 Likes

Candidates:

All the ow hero

Just kidding

• Blaze (maybe he has some lore in the novel???)
  • Lt. Morales
  • Qhira
  • The Butcher
  • Probius
4 Likes

Murky :fish: :fish_cake:

10 Likes

I mean, Qhira is the obvious answer. Lest we not forget how badly written the Orphea comics were though, whether or not we got a decently liked character out of it.

Those don’t count to me. They have meta backstories. Murky is taking the generic “kill mobs and steal their eyeballs” quest in every WoW zone and flipping it on its head. Probius has the jokes about hero probe and where the probe went, and just the meme of a worker unit in HotS.

They are except because they have an extra layer to existing.

4 Likes

Qhira 100% garbo

17 Likes

But dryads have nature magic. In warcraft III dryads can abolish magic. She even has this talent were she can remove CC

I don’t think she weak if she is able to do that. Unless being a total deer b1tch is a weakness

Wouldn’t the fact that Qhira doesn’t really have any backstory disqualify her? You can’t really call it bad/cliched if nobody really knows what it is, including the people who created the characert.

I’m kidding. No backstory is bad backstory unless it is integral to the character themselves.

5 Likes

The probe thing, or qhira.

1 Like

Murky was actually a character (NPC) with a quest chain in Legion: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Murky. (Not sure if this was before or after presence in HotS.)

HYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

13 Likes

Nature-deer girl is out here living her best life and you’re just attacking her for it. :frowning:

3 Likes

I think a lot of Heroes have some clichés in their stories.
But Qhira is the biggest offender I’d say.
And I think it’s not even a competition ever since she was added. I agree that we should disqualify her.

So if Qhira is out of the question, I’d say that’s the Nephalem.
“This dude(tte) is so strong that they defeat everything and save everyone and did I tell you that they’re basically gods?”…

10 Likes

HotS Murky came out in 2014 and that whole quest line is from 2016.

Murky is named after a companion pet, though. It was the pet given out at the very first Blizzcon. However, that Murky is blue and can speak Common, so it’s not meant to be the same murloc.

3 Likes

Am I crazy or is this another excuse to hate on Qhira? I agree with what Karabars and Maximus said about disqualifying her since she has no backstory to begin with (no the spotlight doesn’t count, and sorry Melke, your fanfic isn’t canon (yet)).

Moving on, I think the worst lore in terms of blandness is Blaze, Sgt.Hammer or Lt.Morales.

If by worst you mean the character than I guess the prime evils can have the spt since they’re bad as in evil.

5 Likes

This. Why did we need a generic taciturn tough girl who’s constantly making appeals to The MacGuffin?
Both her and Orphea are wasted potential but Qhira, infinitely more so.

But if we’re gonna deal with non deviantart OCs, then probably gonna have to agree with Lunara… like, there’s stuff they could totally do but she’s just sorta “woohoo nature chick.” Could’ve been, like, a rogue dryad who has her own set of beliefs on how to fix nature or whatever but she’s basically just spoken to sorta be a dryad as I recall, they don’t really go anywhere with it.

Like how Blaze has been idolizing Raynor since he was young, that’s kind of a cool place to take a character otherwise totally made up to fill a spot.
I can also see how this would be taken the other way since none of the generics turned character have particularly stellar narratives in the end.

2 Likes

Orphea is lovely and cute and useful i mean she fought the raven lord comon… that’s really cool :heart: / meanwhile Qhira i DoNt GeT pAyEd EnOuGh FoR tHiS garbage personality fits a garbage hero like her sorry i mean fits a Nobody like her*

10 Likes

I really, really like both of their kits, although Orphea feels better overall to me because she’s got such a cool up and down cycle.

I dunno, I actually kinda liked Orphea’s story in hindsight. I just kinda wish she had some character interactions with her coffin… her personality is a bit generic too, though she’s not nearly as bad as Qhira.

But, like, nothing is. Their legendary mishandling of Qhira is painfully obvious to people who don’t even play HotS. Watching her trailer beside any other moba character trailer is a depressing example of why she maybe should have spent another year being developed…
Or they could have just put her kit into a generic. There are easy candidates in probably every universe including their originals like TLV and Blackthorne. I don’t get why it had to be a dime a dozen belt-run idea like Qhira.

Orphea really is so many leagues better on every level and I don’t know why Qhira didn’t get that level of treatment too.
I still wish her personality was less generic though.

3 Likes

or they could have made any other hero that isn’t this bad or used their resources on something else that’s better instead of this waste of time thing called “Qhira” waste of time and resources*

2 Likes

I like her, she’s unique in her personality. Should everyone be A) Barbie/Ken or B) “a typical bad guy”? But I agree it’s sad that the devs don’t gave her a backstory like to Orphea.

1 Like