Why does HOTS update every time after I close the game?

Literary every time…

It’s a bug. Mostly visual. It just checkes for updates and rewrites the latest patch to the same all the time. Everyone is waiting for it to be fixed. if you open the hots_x64 (dunno the file’s exact name, but the gamefile circumventing the bnet app) then it won’t fake update.

5 Likes

Doing this will make you have to write account and password everytime, so do whatever is less annoying for you.

1 Like

Sometimes it will make you repeat the process multiple times. I open the game the first time and almost every time it tells me “version mismatch”, I know that its part of the bug so I just sign in again without leaving the app, then it tells me the same thing, so I do it again. Only when I do it twice I load in the game, then it tells me that the game mode is unavailable (rank points aren’t shown in ranked and “ready” button is dark in QM) and to wait until the game mode loads, but it won’t ever load. So I log out and do the same thing.

I know, some of you might say to close the app but that doesn’t change anything, nor does loading it through battlenet. I’ve tried. All that doing those things does is make me have to wait even longer for the game to boot up. Sometimes it only says “version mismatch” once, but sometimes it does it twice, but I almost always have to reboot the game at least twice. Its so dumb.

Some also say that its a problem with the blizzard app and not heroes of the storm, but I have no issues with any other games. Only heroes of the storm. Blizzard fell from glory and I don’t even think Microsoft can redeem that. Blizzard is a horrible company in all aspects except cinematic animation and story creating.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that to you. If you read in the technical support area of the forums, you will see many of us have the same issues as you. Game modes being disabled, client mismatch and the patch bug.

Using the heroesswitcher.exe can help alleviate some of these issues, but not all. Using the switcher I still get the “game mode disabled” and “client mismatch” errors and restarting doesn’t always fix them. Right now it’s a complete mess which would suggest that the higher ups aren’t allocating the necessary resources to fix these issues which have persisted now for 3 months.

2 Likes

I use that as well, and all it really prevents is the game from patching. So it saves me SSD life, but those other issues must make it tedious to even load the game and play. I still get to play the game every time I want to, but its just very very annoying having to go through this repetitive process each time and it should have been fixed by now.

1 Like

I agree(d) with you. It’s the same for me, I still get client mismatch and disabled game modes using the switcher. I also agree it’s not acceptable and I don’t remember another time issues like this persisted for 3 months on any Blizzard game. I can only hazard a guess that those who should be tasked to fix this issue haven’t been allocated the resources to do so.

1 Like

Bug and the devs are too lazy to fix it so here we are.

4 Likes

They did acknowledge that they are aware of the issue and are “actively working on it” 3 days ago.

Now, what exactly “actively working on” means is anyone’s guess.

I know, they have acknowledged this a few times over the past months. I hope my reply didn’t read as if I was knocking anyone in Tech Support or those who might be tasked to fix the issues. I did say a problem like this can’t be fixed by if they haven’t been allocated the manpower or resources to do so.

Oh, the point was more that they claimed they have someone working on it, so some sort of resource was allocated. Of course, “actively working on” could mean anything from programmers doing their thing and people testing it, to looking for additional workarounds, to someone going in once a day and saying, “Yep, still a problem”. :frowning:

I have a funny feeling that the Microsoft announcement changed office dynamics a ton, so who knows what all has been put on hold with the assumption that it will change when MS comes in.

1 Like

Probably the same thing as “soonTM”.

1 Like

any update on fix? 19 20

How can this not have been resolved yet? What is it, 9 months or so?

At this point (aside from being annoying) it really gives the impression that Hots has been abandoned, it was be a very bad look for any new players.

This still happens. Seems awfully apparent they do not want people playing the game at all.

Its a battlenet bug. Nothing to do with Hots.

it’s just part of the game now, it’s been around forever it seems.

can’t believe this bug is still a thing, feels like years now.

1 Like

the blizz devs are lazier than the batwoman and she hulk television writers were/are. Are you really suprised? :joy:

1 Like