"Whoops it looks like something broke"

I keep getting an error message “it looks like something broke” It was fine 1-2 days ago. what is happening?

Tried this solution and still didn’t work:

2 Likes

Hey WonderTroll,

Sometimes a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app can help:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app

2. Next press Windows Key + R and enter the following locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders in each location:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%

3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this doesn’t help, it’s typically something on the computer (like antivirus software) or a networking issue. An easy way to narrow this down is to test another network like a hotspot temporarily to see if there’s any change. If not, then it’s something on the computer. In that situation, I would recommend creating the MSinfo and send a Support Ticket if you aren’t sure what is on the system causing the problem.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I tried downloading from the source, however whenever I tried to download, it says Failed -Network error.

This is the first time this happened - this has never happened before.

I completed step 2 as you asked but step 3 is the one I have issues in

This typically indicates a conflict with another program (like antivirus software) or networking issue. You can find more information here:

A year later and it still hasn’t been fixed. We still can’t download the Blizzard App and still have to download it somewhere else.

This was investigated and it seems to have been related to the high usage of ISP networks when Covid started. This seems to have died down for the most part and we aren’t seeing as many widespread reports as we did in the past. At this point, this is likely due to something on the computer or local network is conflicting with the download. Have you tried testing another network like a mobile hotspot to see if there’s any change?