Where is Grommash Hellscream?

I’ve been waiting for four years now. In every patch/release, i’m still hoping.

I want to play him, hear his warcry and charge in to crush demons, humans, elves and centaurs. Praise the godslayer !

FOR THE WARSONG ! FOR THE HORDE !

8 Likes

I’m also waiting for him since the release but HoTS developer team is god damn stubborn. They delay him always and it’s been bloody 5 years. They can’t play blind-deaf-mute any longer.

4 Likes

Isn’t he already in game?

No, the playable character is Garrosh Hellscream, his son.

Grommash Hellscream fought Mannoroth the Destructor and sacrificed himself to save Thrall while slaying the greater demon.

He also killed Cenarius, Lunara’s father, known to almost be a god.

Grommash Hellscream have done bad and good, have a great story and is a legend for the horde and many others.

He is the long haired one in the cinematic :

He would make a perfect melee assassin or bruiser. I imagine him something like demon enchanted version of Collosus Smash Varian.

4 Likes

That would be awesome. :smiley:

1 Like

Weak link. Weak Grom.

3 Likes

I am am fan of Grommash Hellscream since his first appearance. I have all horde related books. I just wanted to show high graphics so the non-warcraft fan people can see the difference between Grommash and his son, Garrosh.

The video you linked is still epic for me, but Nostalgia < Graphics. (you have to admit Grommash is still badass in the Warlords of Draenor cinematic.)

For the Warsong !

1 Like

I actually really hate the WoD cinematic. It makes Gul’dan look like a dumbass, it makes Mannoroth look like a dumbass, it makes Thrall look like a dumbass by proxy (I really hate the retconning/overexplaining of Grom’s death. “The demon’s fire burnt out in [his] veins.” That’s all you needed)… I have a laundry list of problems with that cinematic.

But Grommash is pretty badass in it, I guess. Fair enough.

3 Likes

All I’m seeing is Garrosh with more hair.

Lol, i can understand that, but as Varian is not Anduin with more hair, they have long stories and lore behind them.

Grommash Hellscream: Orc fears neighboring lawful good race, despite said race not being a threat to people who aren’t trying to murder them. Declares war on said race, then turns to a corruptive force for power to defeat said race, ends up getting orc kind almost killed.

Garrosh Hellscream: Orc fears neighboring lawful good race, despite said race not being a threat to people who aren’t trying to murder them. Declares war on said race, then turns to a corruptive force for power to defeat said race, ends up getting orc kind almost killed.

One idiot warmonger who sold their race out and nearly got them killed is as good as any other.

1 Like

This is more complex than that. Don’t be the 12 years old alliance fanboï please.

Alliance are far from being lawful good. Some people in it may be, but most people are neutral, like in horde.

2 Likes

Here is my starter idea for him:

Grommash “Grom” Hellscream - Chieftain of the Warsong Tribe

Grom is a melee assassin who builds momentum as he gives into a bloodlust. Upon achieving an enraged state, he unlocks a new set of abilities for 10 seconds, representing a move savage, beserker-style of combat.

Enrage (trait) - Melee attacks by Grom add x% of charge to his enrage ability. Basic abilities add y%. Hit enemy heroes provides a z% bonus. Upon reaching 100%, Grom has 15 seconds to activate Enrage or it will reset to 50% charge.

Slam (Q) Strike a target causing a 30% slow for 2 seconds. 2.5 second cooldown. - Upgrades to Pummel, applying a 1 second silence to the target as well.

Hack and Slash (W) Move forward in a zigzag motion through all enemies, dealing damage in the area four times. - Upgrades to Sweeping Strikes, increasing the area and providing cooldown reduction per enemy hit.

Rend (E) Strike an enemy applying a heavy bleed effect that ticks every 1 second for 3 seconds. - Upgrades to Deep Wounds, effectively doubling the damage with ticks every .5 seconds.

Howl (R1) Let our an earsplitting cry that stuns nearby enemies for .75 seconds and causes a 10 armor debuff to be applied to affected targets for 3 seconds.

Skullsplitter (R2+) Charge an area and deal large damage while traveling.

Battlecry (R1+) Increase the area of effect of Howl.

Fervor of Battle (R2+) Reduces the cooldown of Skullsplitter for each enemy hero hit.

Ignore Pain (#) Become Protected for 2 seconds and gain a damage buff for each attack absorbed.

Blood and Thunder (#) Cause your next Rend or Deep Wounds to strike in an area.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can ignore phlynch here. He always starts posting that when grom is brought up. It’s pointless to talk to him. He doesn’t like grom and nothing will change his mind.

I don’t hate the wod cinematic, but that’s definitely not the version that should be in game imo. The wod cinematic is pretty cool, but i think the wc3 one shows better contrast between grom and garrosh.

4 Likes

This dude (Grom) is definitely a fan favorite and no doubt he will bring many players in the game. I don’t know why it takes so long for Blizzard to release him. Maybe they co-work with Warcraft III: Reforged team for Grom Hellscream? He is probably being reworked in there too.

4 Likes

God i hope not. There’s been like 8 Months of radio silence now? Reforged is looking like it’ll either be a rush job or behind schedule. Besides, i doubt the heroes team can do stuff like that with the fewer developers they have and the few artanis-esque promotions we’ve had were more chance than anything.

There is a possibility that they are waiting for the Warcraft 3 remake to release him, so they can use the hype for profits.

They released Anduin far after the two cinematics he’s in. Maybe they’ll release Varok Saurfang or Zakhan.

I could forgive them if they release Zakhan. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think we already got enough “WoW” Heroes. We need “Warcraft” Heroes. Releasing boring average +/- Orc warrior Saurfang instead of an Orcish legend like Grom would be the worst idea ever.

4 Likes

I don’t think Saurfang is terrible or anything, but definitely agree with this. Some people complain about orcs despite the last one being Garrosh in 2017… Next one should be the most requested one because we might not get another for a long time. And I can think of no one more wanted than Grom in that regard.

4 Likes