What can I do to get TL3?

32k post read. Ive been silenced twice. Once because of a discussion with a troll where he deleted his comments. The other time because of this thread below??
Am I on a blacklist or something? Do you want me to smurf in order to get it?

Yes I know sometimes im in spicy discussions but I stay polite and a lot of my posts are encouraging even if I dont agree

Also if someone has lost his tl3 like drlogan is there any change in the comming months to regain it?

^thread that have gotten me silenced

4 Likes

TL3 is re-attainable even if you lose it.

I just attained it recently after not having it because for a few months i barely posted/read. I think the biggest thing was getting 50 of the last 100 days visited.

regarding silences and suchā€¦ i think the amount that you need can be changed by whomever is running the forum, but i would assume it is running baseline TL3 requirements as noted here: (so no tolerance for silence/ban)

if you were indeed unbanned early in that topic, that ban/silence/etc is likely not counted.

2 Likes

Here is what I have heard about TL3:

It is those bottom 2 that are the sticking points, because as far as I know, as soon as you get either one of those ā€œconditionsā€, they never go away.

So I guess the question is: Did you get silenced? Or did you get suspended? And have you ever had posts deleted as spam/offensive?

1 Like

I lost and gained it many times, I think the key is reading topics, not necessarily posts.

You have to read even those troll or spam topics that get posted. I believe the requirement was 50% of topics in the last three months, you must have opened.

How do you tell the difference between a silence and a suspension?

Silenced people can still play QM and Brawl (and Unranked I think) but suspended people canā€™t log in at all. Suspension is a very severe penalty.

2 Likes

Oh, he meant in game. I was thinking there was a difference on the forums lol.

You can get silenced on the forums and still get it. Trust me, Iā€™ve been there lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been silenced 3 times here, and still got it back so that syntax thread as it was from day one, outdated.

Forum silence => Mute user, cannot post, can still like, can change profile picture, can still use all forum features, canā€™t post.
Forum suspension => Logs out the user from the forums, mods (can likely to) lock your account from obtaining TL3 ever again if you done something really messed up.
In Game Silence/Suspension => Forum Silence.

2 Likes

I got suspended on the forums for saying that Orphea only appealed to a certain type of person, and so was permanently locked out of TL3.

Thats a really big oof.

1 Like

I am not really sure, but maybe give support a chance? I know its a been a very long time when that happened, like seriously 2 years ago? I recall the comments on that topic.

Maybe they can uplift it due good behavior who knows.

It worked for me on some certain steam forums that I was permanently banned from, I wonā€™t go into details (lets just say those were 5 years ago, thats all) but the mods were kind enough to uplift a perma ban, I think it might be possible to uplift the TL lock from you.

No promises.

So did I mess up or what do I need to do. Litterly ask for likes? We dont have that much forum members to get 20 likes a day.

It isnā€™t 20 likes a dayā€¦ It is 20 likes ever.

1 Like

Likes, thatā€™s what Iā€™M here for! Giving likes that is, I think I give you an average of 5 likes a day Ana. :heart:

3 Likes

I got my TL3 back on the OW forums after 3000 posts. They might have increased the limit.

Thereā€™s no way itā€™s that many posts on this forum. Someone said earlier it scales based on how many people post on that forum, by the Discourse software.

Also if you must read 25% of posts in the last 100 days, that could be very few posts on an inactive forum.

But it could be a more transparent system.

1 Like

Could be, however I received my TL3 once I hit the 3000 posts milestone.

Though I am not really sure how the system works.

I havenā€™t even hit the 3k post milestone so I doubt it matters. I think you just have to clear the ā€˜blue dotsā€™, give likes, and get likes.

2 Likes

I see, I do tend to get a lot of likes and I had TL3 before. Though I lost it once the new forums hit.

The old forums didnā€™t have trust levels.

1 Like