Visual/Graphic ingame glitches and problems after Big Sur upgrade

Hi,

after upgrading to macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) last night, the game itself becomes unplayable.

Hardware:
MacBook Pro (Mid-2019, 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB, 8 GB Ram)

Launching the game from battle net into the Menu works fine.

The problem starts when trying to join a game. Right at the end of the loading screen right before joining into the game, the screen starts to flicker and inputs via Keyboard or mouse are no longer fully recognised in game. There seem to be some graphic glitches as well as textures are not fully displayed and parts of the screen freeze during the flickering.

What works is to Cmd+Tab out of the game and “Force Quit” the game. After restarting and rejoining the game sometimes (50:50 chance) is playable but it is noticeable that the performance is much worse than before the Big Sur Upgrade (Lag, lower frame rate, etc.).

The game was running perfectly fine on Catalina before the update and I have not made changes to my other hardware setup (External Display, etc.)…

Pls fix, since the game is unplayable this way.

Thanks and BR
K.

10 Likes

I am experiencing similar issues. I noticed that this happens only when I play with real players. It looks like the game works fine when I play against bots and I have only bots in the team.

1 Like

It helped me to set the shaders to low in the settings.

1 Like

Same with macOS 11.0.1, the game freezes and is totally unplayable. Hardware: MacBook Pro 2018 Core i5 with 4 Thunderbolt ports 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD.

Setting shaders to low seems to solve the freezing issue for me too.

1 Like

I should not have updated to Big Sur. GR!

1 Like

This sounds like a persisting issue that we’ve seen for quite a while. Lowering shaders helped in the past as well:

We haven’t received word from our team regarding this issue yet or if it persists with the MacOS Big Sur, but we have been tracking the issue on our end.

3 Likes

I have exactly the same issue, have to force quit every match after loading, upon re-entering everything is smooth.

Quite the annoyance none the less, and I get booted from voice… not that I can talk anyways because of on going mic issue.

Running on Big Sur OS, 2019 MacBook Pro 645 Iris.

Not really loving all these Mac issues.

1 Like

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema y es frustrante, no se puede jugar. He tenido que ser desertor de varias partidas por tantas ocasiones en las que se presentaba la anomalía. Desconozco si esto pueda mejorar con un nuevo parche para los que tenemos esta actualización de Mac pero ojalá esa sea la solución y que pronto podamos seguir disfrutando de este juego.

Lowering shaders did nothing to help the issue, game flickers and keyboard / mouse does not work when a match starts, going into windowed mode give me back control of inputs however the game has multiple artifacts, switching back into full screen results in loss of inputs.

Only way to fix it is to quit out of the game and rejoin which always works for me, but has the annoying side effect of booting me out of my party chat, not to mention always missing the initial fight.

Helped me to lower sheets Hope they solve the issue!

A similar story - HOTS broke down after updating the operating system to BigSur. But before OS updating the game work very fine.

At this moment the problem still persists. The screen flickers, textures appear and disappear. Low settings does not help solve the problem. The game stay unplayble…

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
3.1 GHz 2-core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 МБ

Same problem here after Big BLUR update, hasn’t it been a while already and they done nothing.

Same stuff everytime with mac and i guess they don’t really care because the game doesn’t make that much money for them.

I also have this problem. After quit and rejoin it works.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
1,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

got the same problem, has there been any solution besides quitting and restarting the game?

Same Problem. Even quitting and restarting doesn’t help anymore :frowning:

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2019)

Same problem here. Since upgrading to BigSur the game freezes here and then. I have to force quit and after re-entering everything is smooth again, until the next freeze after a while. I lost a few games because of this, it matters if you are missing important fights or not. To switch to low shaders or to the other graphic card doesn’t make a difference. I do get the impression that’s nothing which is going to be fixed by Blizzard.