Varian in QM not a tank

I’ve gone taunt warbringer numerous times and taken less damage than the enemy tanks. I just played a game running taunt warbring and had the most damage and peeled all game. It was awesome.

For those who still have doubt that Varian is not “tank” in QM.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20755636856#post-2

I have great news for you! He will be treated as a tank once the Malthael patch goes live over the next 2 days.

I just had a QM Varian go Twin Blades vs a team with Arthus, was painful for our team, no tank, vs that. :frowning:

You cant fix stupid mate. People with always try a new thing even if it burns the world.

We all known twin is assassin buy qm is only for assassin game play.

oof. if varian really wanted to go assassin build he could have at least picked the one that isn’t AA-based!

Try telling that particular Varian player, he was convinced it was perfecto to leave us without any tank at all and felt it non problem to build Twin Blades vs Arthas.

Half the compositions you get pitted against you shoulnd’t be solo tanking as a taunt build anyway so there is that, and half the time depending on what your team can do with taunt you’ll get more value and arguably just as much peel by going dual blades with warbringer or something.

He did not get any value going twin blades vs Arthas and Tracer, as a Varian player I would not have thought it wise being the only front-line to go Twin Blades vs that comp. Zero value.

I’d like to bring your attention to the first two words of my statement, yes people are idiots with how often they pick Twin Blades, but say their enemy main tank is I don’t know D’va or Blaze and the enemy DPS are mages like Li Ming or even just somewhat mobile ranged assassins like Valla, suddenly that tanking with Twin Blades makes sense.

I agree with you in that scenario, however most often the Varian players I get matched with will take twin blades no matter how unfavorable the comp is.

Then we are in agreeemtn i just got a little defensive when you responded o me about taunt and tank, and all that. So ave a pleasant day

1 Like

Guilty lolol
I only like to play varian as a tb, so 90% of the time my team gets no tank…

They could fix this easily, put 2 tanks on each team including varian…

OP is right. They always go dps and never warrior so the match maker should reflect reality and consider him assassin.

1 Like

If they are planning to remove the multi-class tag, maybe it wouldn’t hurt if they straight up removed taunt from Varian. That way he would still be an assassin, less confusion, still interesting build paths to follow.

1 Like

Look. No offense. I like Varian. But if I really want to play a tank, I’ll definitely choose one of the whole suite of tanks that are actually good. And my guess is that most of the player base will do so. Nobody actually plays taunt Varian because he is a really good tank. Unless you have a sweet spot for taunt Varian, there’s no way you will intentionally play it as a tank every single game. The problem is that, according to my last 50 matches samples, 80% of the time you are actually required to play Varian as a tank, otherwise, your team won’t have a tank. THAT’s the problem! But, why not the other way around? Why not “consider” Varian an assasin in the matchmaking and only be required to play him as an assasin only 20% of the time?

Except that a lot of people insist on trying to duel a Twin blade Varian, then they die, then you win the game.

1 Like

If you find him in a bad position, his means of escape is EXACTLY 0. Even butcher can have a way to escape at level 20.

His means of escape is hitting you lol.

(And he has some extra move speed)

I understand your pain lol. I got yelled at for going TB in draft because I specifically told the last pick to choose a tank. Everyone chose assassins and we had one healer. The enemy team had 2 tanks plus a kael due to horrible banning. Varian can be a good tank, but can’t match 2 tanks and an assassin like kael. The match was basically a throw anyway since after we lost the first team fight and the chat just responded “gg varian”, like its my fault we didn’t have a second tank on our team. I would have been just as ineffective as tanky varian that TB varian with that comp. I know this post is about QM, but it just goes to show that this problem persists everywhere in the game. Varian is probably the most complained about hero.

1 Like