Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

You’re right streamers like notparadox also mentioned it. However I’ve seen 2.5k W damage (I believe) and several around 1.6k which are crazy for a basic ability. If those are possible you don’t need to be a genius to know she’ll be way over tuned in the beginning.

A magical loli creature.

They’re most probably going to make an event of it or something. If ever, they could name the event as “Dawn of the Nexus”.

Everything is possible, but the lack of a single hint to this and the fact that Light-associated heroes either die a meaningless death or don’t show up at all isn’t helping me believe that something is in the works.

I actually planned to buy Orphea cuz she seems fun and “venom-ish”.

I don’t mind Nexus heroes imo, as long as blizz devs keep their game balanced, competitive, fair and fun as a primary goal.

I appreciate Blizzard’s creativity since it’s the main reason that created dedicated fans like us for the Blizz universe in the first place :sunglasses:

I always have deep love for the people who really cares about lore. Hero Orphea is well done and comics are interesting also.

However, I think all nexus original heroes and all unit heroes or Lunara like heroes -who are introduced in the nexus and then put into the games- are waste of time.

There are many historical and legendary characters that everyone wants them to be added into Nexus like Imperius, Deathwing, Mengsk, Vorazun, Raszagal, but instead of working on these characters Blizzard waste time on turning units into heroes(Blaze, Hammer…) or making Nexus original heroes which we are not passionate about to see them in this game.

I am not patient about waiting for these legendary heroes like I counted above, since Blizzard is wasting time with adding heroes “little lore” behind them.

I am actually mad about OW heroes being added into this game, because they are also slowing your work down in terms of getting to designing legendary heroes…However, adding OW heroes into Nexus empowers this game since it pulls more players and money to the company, so I am happy about it as well.

One thing that I am happy also is that by making Nexus Original heroes, you guys improve your creativity and skills outside of the characters which already exist, and although how legendary the old Blizzard characters are, it must be boring for you to be always designing the other people’s characters. It must be awesome for you to have your own stuff and create.

Remember please that we cried all the time for you to add Fenix into the game, and you have to realise that how long it took for you to add that hero altough our screams… And thus, nexus heroes/unit heroes/Lunara like heroes are making me unconfortable.
You guys have done great job with creating and designing Orphea… :upside_down_face::confused:

2 Likes

The emo train died long ago, mate.

I find her visually appealing in all regards. Model comes fleshed out and her spells look gorgeous.

1 Like

Speak for yourself. I was hyped out of my chair when I saw that cinematic. Don’t let your expectations ruin your view for other stuff. If you got this excited for Blackwing that you basically would not accept anything/anyone else, then this is your fault alone.

My first impression is that in her current PTR state she’s still massively overtuned, but, from trying her kit, she’s fun to play. The timing on her abilities is pretty satisfying too.

I imagine she’ll still deal way too much damage when she comes out on live, but after one or two rounds of adjustments I think she’ll be really fun.

I haven’t been a huge fan of Whitemane, Mephisto and Mal’ganis so I’m looking forward to Orphea :smiley:

If I could downvote, I would do so with this post. Let me explain:
I see where you are coming from. You would like to see all the blizzard classic big fish battle it out in each other’s faces. For that, you feel every noname release is slowing down the game to further achieve this target.
But think of others: Some prefer characters they identify/ied with. This does not need to be the big bad or the star of the show (Arthas, Diablo, Jaina). For some, it’s the units they played in the rts: SC, warcraft. And then you get players who wish to see the medics, the builders, the dryads. And that’s fine. The dev team has more freedom on designing them. Abilities are not as fixed as those for other major characters; they just need to capture the feeling.
Then there’s guys like me. I look forward to literally every hero release. Of course I have favorites that I would like see. But in the end, every hero brings something new to the table and enriches the game. Which is why I never feel bad if a release turned out different than what I expected.

1 Like

I am not against it, it’s more than fine to have a dark vs dark scenario.

I’m saying that this is getting rapidly saturated though since all we are seeing is that Dark Magic is awesome and any1 attempting at either chivalry or relying on the Light is as impactful as stabbing the sea. And that’s going on like this since the introduction of the Dark Nexus skins.

I too like Orphea being the character she is and wielding this mosntruosity kind of magic. I just want more colors to be added to the story, especially since we have a lot of heroes bound to them and possible new awesome additions to the roster linked to Light powers.

Also, as I said, I also am wondering where ppl like Hanzo and Tassadar are, both of which don’t exactly use Holy Magic.

1 Like

I was looking for Orphea released very much, i thought we would get her and Torb, because i think it was torb who smashed the screen in the small video when the “Viper” skin released.

I was a bit sad we didnt get anyone else but to present your very first own creatio, you dont want to share the stage and with 2 heroes released one usually take a little bit more space and get more attention.

New hero good, and i like the design of spell, something rarely new.

1 Like

@Facundo
I think its time to change the name of your topic :wink: (at least the first part)

1 Like

Lanaaaaa!!! (/Archer reference)

How old is Orphea? Is she age like a normal human or is she some sort of “vampire”-like “elder” in a young body or she’s “old” in human eyes but age slowly in mind like elves do?

3 Likes

Now I wish I could give more than 1 upvote.

3 Likes

Orphea looks like she plays cool, but the lack of drab, dull lore was the reason I like HOTS over League of Legends. Why does an Action/RTS need lore and it’s own characters? Additionally, why on earth wasn’t this theme and toolkit given to an Old God character?

It’s potential wasted on lore for a game that has no story, and as such doesn’t need the lore.

What I want to know is who asked for this? Among the dozens of characters people wanted in this game and have been begging for the entire time, who asked for original lore?

1 Like

So what we can only have on character that has weird magic?. Ktz and Jaina both use ice, KT and Blaze fire… because it respect their own lore… and that fine so why is this different.

Is lore important or not? you claim to like hots because it has lore and then more lore is added but its not ok because its new? if the same character with the same kit and the same theme appear somewhere in a void elf city, then it suddenly become okay… but its the same character, same kit.

1 Like

IF I may, it actually rhymes with ‘banana’.

The Nexus has a different idea of time and space, so I’m not sure I could accurately answer your question with a number value.

That said, she does attend Raven Crest High School with Kerri and Li-Ming!

:wink:

8 Likes

So shes the first below the age of 18 to be eliminated during combat Or she’s 18 herself :thinking: