New Teaser is Up! A New Hero?

I want to see Queen Nightshade/Spore Queen in action! :grinning:

They already explained for the Raven Lord why he will not be in as a playable character, and i guess that same reasoning applies to all Realmlords.

There is a post with a link to that presentation of Orphea´s creation process somewhere on this forum where that explanation is made.

1 Like

Okay, now I’m privately voting for a stripper from some run-down tavern just outside Dragonshire.

1 Like

Then is the new hero a realm lord?

No, 99% sure it will not be one. I was just reacting to you proposing the new hero to be a Realmlord, namely:

1 Like

I’m like 90% sure this was Lana’s way of saying Orph is an adult without being creepy about it.

6 Likes

Or that there are highschool age variants of Kerrigan and Li-Ming around somewhere in the Nexus.

6 Likes

The skins bring with them their own lore and each skin is a new character. Like Jaina and Dreadlord Jaina can exist at the same time and interact with each other (through voice lines).

3 Likes

Maybe, but to me it’s a little creepy to suggest they adjusted the age down for Kerri’s cheerleader skin.

More creepy than implying that the Kerrigan Jim Raynor was in love with was 18~19 years old?

Am I really the only person rooting for Rakanishu at this point?

If you want to claim Rakanishu to be a female human(oid), ok.

2 Likes

INB4 female Medivh skin.

1 Like

I kind of want to see Delia and Verick, the Lady of Thorn’s children.
But I don’t think it is them.
Doesn’t look like Queen Nightshade either.

Could they add a hero out of the blue like Orphea, maybe even a new realm and map?

Someone on reddit mentioned a character called Ellisande, which does look quite a bit like the image in the teaser. Note the neck area and the breast armor shape.

8 Likes

The fire imp/elemental from HS? He would be so cute in this! Him and Rag would have to have words for each other! (if I’m thinking of the right character)

If we do get a new hero, I’d prefer we got comics to introduce them first. We already knew Orphea before she was playable. We didn’t know much, but she’s at least been introduced as a character.

Unrelated, but how long do we have to wait to get a cloaked Orphea skin like her introduction comic?

6 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a new realm, though. It could just be a new hero out of the blue, but related to a pre-existing realm (like Orphea).

To me, the lower-right corner of the image “clearly” shows some bamboo-like leafy stuff. So it’s possible that this new hero is related to Queen Nightshade, but is not the Queen herself, like Orphea is kinda like playing the Raven lord… ish.

But I personally think it looks Night Elf-ish.
Guess we’ll know a bit more tomorrow.

The only way I think you can get around the nexus necklace is if you assume the devs are using concept art from a launch skin to tease the hero.

That or there’s multiple characters in the image and she’s not being teased here, or they’re teasing a comic instead of a hero.

Rakinishu is a boss in Diablo II. He’s a cowardly little imp demon and quite infamously strong. Other Fallen Ones chant his name throughout the series. The Hearthstone character was named after him.

4 Likes