Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

She has cool powers, an interesting moveset and a cool design

Sure, she is an OC, backstory is a bit so-soo and not an already established character but damn if that Darkness-esque powers aren’t cool.

I’m a sucker for eldritch magic

88 Likes

I really like her move set. Really. But no, HotS is about heroes from others, iconic Blizzard universes fighting each others. Making a new hero we never heard of, from the nexus itself, makes that hero no different from LoL’s or Dota’s.

I’d rather see that kit applied to an Old Gods-related hero, for example.

17 Likes

True but there aren’t really any notable Old Gods lackeys besides Cho’gall

And the Faceless come in all sort of flavours

2 Likes

Are you new here? They’ve been trying to make HotS an actual world with lore for quite a while now, Orphea was shown along with Deckard Cain.

27 Likes

Kit looks fun :slight_smile: 100% pickrate in Korea lol

8 Likes

I like her too but i just wish we got Reinhardt.

or literally any Overwatch hero!

she looks fun to play though.

So overall i’m happy with her.

3 Likes

How dare.

OW doesn’t over 200 hundred years of lore and popularity to be worth of having its characters in HOTS!

2 Likes

Is that enough to justify her being “iconic” though? I don’t think so. I’ve read all the comics and seen all the lore videos and yet I never cared a tiny bit about her. For me she was just random side character who would help Deckart (and later others secret-finder heroes) to uncover the meaning of the nexus. I’ve never thought they would make her a hero and never hoped so either. I simply don’t care about her, and usually I’d just leave it that way but this game is about iconic characters we care about, so that’s wrong.

2 Likes

Neither did Brightwing, Lunara or ETC at the moment of their release.

Typical hots forum, this drama is nothing new :wink:

19 Likes

It’s not about time. It’s about importance. I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I don’t care about HotS lore, and I don’t know anyone who does (and I’m asking every time).

The “game is all about iconic Blizzard characters” ship sailed out the moment OW characters joined the roster.
No, this is not about OW as young franchise being unworthy, so hold those torches and pitchforks down for a moment. The first OW hero added to the game, Tracer, joined HOTS before the official release of OW. That means for most of people playins HOTS Tracer was no different than Orphea is now; a random nobody they never played as in any other game and only knew from comics and cinematics.
“But OW is huge now”, I hear you say. And that’s true, it is huge now - which doesn’t change the fact Tracer was a literal nobody when she debuted in HOTS. Nexus lore will be huge too, given time and development.

TL;DR - if Overwatch heroes are worthy enough to be the part of HOTS, so are Nexus heroes.

17 Likes

OW heroes are from a different game, a game that will develop its characters independently. That’s what I am trying to say. Having some heroes originating from the nexus builds a “some heroes are more important to this universe than others” idea. And having some heroes deemed more important than our iconic heroes like Kerrigan and Arthas isn’t what I would call a good thing.

1 Like

I like that I can counter her with at least one of my top picks >:D

Okay Emberstone/Farbas. We get it, you don’t like the new hero because for some reason your brain is unable to understand that HotS is a Blizzard game and Orphea is now an official Blizzard hero with unique lore. She’s beginning, just like any other character, and Blizz is doing a fine job at keeping her interesting on both game play and lorewise.

9 Likes

Puh-leeze. Let’s not pretend that Murky and Lt. Morales have ever been or will ever be as significant as the likes of Kerrigan, Diablo, and Arthas.

16 Likes

Mcree = Wanna be Raynor
Widowmaker = generic Starcraft ghost
Hanzo = Yasuo lol

3 Likes

Not in their respective universes. But here they are brought on the same level. Orphea is in her very own universe, which automatically makes her more important lore-wise than any other hero.

1 Like

That’s not what we said and you know it. Now I’m gonna stop arguing with you if you’re just gonna repeat “but shiz a blz² hero so u stupid” no matter how I’m trying to develop my answers. Just stick to your opinion, I guess.

There’s no “we” when it’s just you in two accounts.

9 Likes

I think she looks cool. I’m excited to see a unique new character from HoTS.

This does not mean that HoTS will only have original characters from now on. It doesn’t mean that you won’t get new WC, Diablo, SC heroes in the future.

If blizzard launched a new title today and said they were adding a character from that game to HoTS i’m sure most of you wouldn’t be as upset as you are now even though you’d know nothing about that character.

19 Likes