Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

man you’re drunk go home, you dont even know what is hots original project, also, orphea has more lore than any ow hero released, that ruined hots

1 Like

But she is from another universe. Now she’s canon.

Also, the game is about whatever Blizzard wants it to be about, soooooooo

LoL or Dota

I responded to your post in your thread. LoL and Dota’s heroes are based on Blizzard designs. If you mean they’re not different than LoL or Dota in that they’re a design team with some creative freedoms, you’re correct. Sorry you don’t like the new hero but your complaints don’t have legs.

1 Like

I totally agree. So Edgy. I know people will complain that she’s not from another Blizzard Universe, but hey, HotS is a Blizzard game…

Um, excuse me? Anime is awesome.

2 Likes

Hanzo is nothing like Yasuo lol.

1 Like

AOE nuke, AOE nuke and dash, AOE nuke and slow, AOE nuke over time, and boring autoattack lifesteal. Her skills are about as most generic MOBA spellcaster as you can get. But perhaps this was done to mitigate the risk of releasing a hero that broke a different mold. Personally I would never play this hero simply because the design is boring, I can just play Li-Ming for the same experience.

Except the auto-attack reduces your chaos charges, so there’s that aspect of the mechanic to consider… and also we don’t know what all of her talents are yet… so… I’d just wait and see?
Same as Li Ming huh? Does Li Ming have some sustain talent I’m unaware of?

I’m fine with her, is quite common in crossover games to have a few OC working as an anchor or as a especial plot point, but I do wish Blizzard won’t overdo it with them, Blizzard should have also announce another hero, one from the main universes, even if it wouldn’t be released until the next year, the backlash would have being smaller IMO

The only thing I dislike is the timing of her release.

Blizzcon is not the time to release an OC. It’s proven from back when OW released that adding characters from universes outside of D3, WoW, and SC is unpopular. It’s not something that should be the sole release at Blizzcon, an event people wait for and look forward to. This is the time to release a “big name”, ESPECIALLY since they are only sharing one hero tease this year (when every blizzcon before revealed at least two).

With that said, I am actually excited Orphea because I enjoy the look of her animations and kit. I just wish they had paired her release information with another, more popular and anticipated hero.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who is indifferent to Orphea? I mean I am interested in her kit in-game. Lorewise and as a character my interest really isn’t piqued, but I can honestly say the same thing for many characters I’m not familiar with or whose lore doesn’t interest me e.g. Overwatch cast (since I’m not even interested in the game). That is my opinion on the matter I am indifferent or neutral with regards to Orphea.

1 Like

You are not.

Dreadlord is my fav WC3 hero but my pants dont get wet every time I play Malganis. Its just a skin. What matters is the fact that this skin is fun to play. Orphea kit looks awesome.

1 Like

All I can say is for all the people making noise about disliking her inclusion I better not see her popularity above 10%! That way I can actually play her in the various game modes! The less competition the better for me.

2 Likes

MFPally is playing her for a while now and she looks really fun to play.

I’d rather have seen a Blizzard Classic Hero. Or a WoW hero. Or a Diablo hero. Or a Starcraft hero.

But I’ll take her over another Overwatch hero. :slight_smile:

i like the idea of them adding an original hero to the nexus.

in relation to not already established games or lore though…
i mean everything was like that at some point. the original games for Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft just have been around for longer than say Overwatch and the Nexus comics. they all started as new ideas at some point though.

Deny her as Blizzard character or not. Let’s wait till next year Blizzcon or next few months and the amount of cosplayers, cosplay her. She seems well received so I have no doubt she’ll be cosplayed in significant number.

I like her too- looks cool, is unique, has neat powers.

I think what people are saying is- since she’s not in other games, she doesn’t belong.

So Blizz, hurry up and add Orphea to WoW or to Dia- on second thought, maybe hold up on doing anything more Diablo for a bit.

Blizzard people seems to like anime in general, thus partnering with Good Smile Company to release nendoroids and figmas. Maybe Orphea may come down that pipeline if she gets popular enough :joy:

I don’t like her aesthetic.

I don’t mind having a nexus based character, I haven’t seen her toolset in use, she may even make a decent addition to the game.

but she looks like she should be a character in a JRPG with a fashion show minigame.

1 Like

That’s not true. Overwatch characters have been incredibly popular in the community at large (or at least the concept of them being added - balance concerns are more divisive). Hanamura Showdown is the most viewed HotS video for a reason. It’s only the very small vocal minority that rage about them existing.

3 Likes