Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

I don’t know man… Ashe looks pretty sweet. Then again, I’m a sucker for the Wild West.

The only problem I have with Orphea is her aesthetics to be honest… and I think it has more to do with her being a child than anything. (I don’t play Li Li for this reason).

She seems like fun, by far some of the best animations on a hero. I think she would have been welcomed a lil better if there were more heroes to talk about…Remember when they used to reveal 2 new heroes for blizzcon? We got one…and a couple rework mentions…like…you know, we always get. So I think people just expected more from a HOTS blizzcon only to get someone that no one was really waiting on. Some people argue that it would have taken away from her reveal…fair. Then I say reveal 2 heroes that we actually care more for and save her for next. I feel like she gets the extra hate from that. That’s it? feeling. She does seem fun to play…so that’s a plus lol.

Knowing the industry its either that or oversexualized Megan Fox.
At the end of the day tho, teenage + “dark theme” = emo.

Her kit seems fun and all but didn’t like the cinematic… You can really see some weird “anime” sh*t along with overforced topic of feminsm… Alas, remains to be seen how the story goes afterwards but so far not rly impressed tbh

10 months later, people hatin anime MechaStorm – Heroes of the Storm - YouTube

There’s good anime and bad one, this was a bad one, that was obvious on intention and execution, this today was more like an “akira style weird pile of sh*t” that noone knows purpose off of lol… Not that I don’t quite like Akira but must admit the whole thing looked well missplaced in both cinematic and story/progression

1 Like

Don’t really sperge out myself about them bringing in original characters, but it still seems to go against the grain of what this series was built on.

I mean, its like having smash bros and then making OC fighters.

Where you around for the first OW hero release (which is what I’m referencing in my first post)? Because it certainly wasn’t popular.

Nowadays, sure, a lot of people want OW heroes added (but a ton of people don’t). It is a very divisive topic between fans.

I like her too. She is an anime loli girl.

2 Likes

Generic? I didn’t know other MOBAs had heroes with exact abilities like that.

I’m starting to think a lot of people are talking with zero knowledge at all.

3 Likes

According to Blizz in a recent interview, Orphea’s a “magical creature.” So she’s not a loli :joy:

You’re new here it seems.

People did not like when Tracer was added before so many iconic Blizzard characters. People HATED when Blizzard used a bait and switch to announce D.Va. People also hated the hypermobility that both Tracer and Genji suddenly added to HotS.

So no, they were not incredibly popular and the only reason people say “next hero will be Mei/Reinhardt!!” is as a meme.

2 Likes

This is false, while Reinhardt has been mentioned and requested to see how the shield mechanic would work not because memes, can’t say much about Mei though.

This survey was released 2 days ago with Reinhardt being 27.2% voted as next Overwatch hero.

https://i.imgur.com/5luHLh8.jpg

1 Like

It’s an easy insult to just call her generic (while also complaining that she’s too different from any other Blizz hero, lol) and pretend that’s an adequate reason.

They’re also mad they didn’t get Grom- since that’s such a not generic hero that totally isn’t like every other big, bulky, aggressive orc already in the game. XD

3 Likes

Oh god no… Trust me, Grom is not anyone I wanted anytime soon in the Nexus.

You said exact where it doesn’t fit so yeah I agree with point 2.

It’s a well known fact among MOBA players there is a set of generic formulas to making a new hero.

“Remember E is dash.”

This was a really great thread to read - I genuinely appreciate the sentiments from both sides of the fence, here.

For those of you who are already as excited about Orphea as we are - that is so awesome! Can’t wait to see what power she has in your hands!

For those of you who are apathetic to lore and find yourself on the fence, that’s cool too! I encourage you to try her. I think she is one of the most fun heroes I’ve ever played. Kyle did an amazing job designing her kit for a variety of playstyles, and heavily took into consideration not only how it feels to play as her, but how it feels to play against her. She’s super approachable to pick up and get going with, but I think you’ll find that to be as much of a beast as you see in our videos, that bar is much higher than you think it is.

For those of you who vehemently hate what we’ve done here, you know what? That’s cool too. We have no shortage of amazing characters from our history that we are excited to keep on sharing with you. I’d encourage you to try her out, still, but the best part of the Nexus is that there’s always something new on the horizon.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your passion for this game.
GLHF, see you in the Nexus.

–Lana B

36 Likes

Lana, I would just like you to know that even though I am against adding OCs to the game, I do still appreciate the work you guys did/continue to do.

10 Likes

Well said couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

This should be the golden rule for every hero.

Personally I like her as well. From the few games I’ve had in ptr, I can tell that it doesn’t feel unfun playing against her and it does feel fun playing as her.

Numbers might need some adjustments still but that’s to be expected :smiley:

2 Likes