Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

At this point I would say that the number of truly “iconic” heroes in the game is lower than low-lore nonames.

Lets not even start with definition of “iconic”. 99% of people complaining about Orphea got no idea who Falstad is. And I dont blame them.

10 Likes

She is from another universe. The Nexus Universe. Once we have some Hearthstone heroes (Which has diverged enough to count as its own thing) we can finally say “every Blizzard game is represented” (Mainstream game, anyway.)

6 Likes

I definitely like what i have seen so far. Her model/animations are top and her dark magic/dance/music theme is pretty interesting.

The way the make her weave basic attacks in between for healing/damage looks way better than they did with Chromie.

7 Likes

Well, even if they’re OCs, they’re still representing something from a blizzard game. Having A firebat in the game was something I was always looking forward to. I’m sure for some people dryads and medics and blademasters were as well.

3 Likes

I’m super excited. Day 1 Orphea main.

4 Likes

For me, I don’t mind. Her kit seems good. The cinematic where she fights her dad was pretty cool. I like the 2d animations on the 3D characters and backdrops. It looks nice, and unique. I do think they should’ve waited more. Released some more comics so people could get more invested. I’m also not sure an original hero is Blizzcon worthy, considering the likes of Deathwing are still out there. But I don’t mind them mixing in an original hero every year or two. As long as they don’t go ham like they did with Overwatch last year.

11 Likes

I’d like Orphea if I enjoyed anime children kicking butt. The issue is the style and flavor. Man I wish blizzard had stuck to their own aesthetic instead of making wrynn, white mane, Orphea etc basically anime heroes.

1 Like

A bit worried over her kit. CC, sustain, mobility.

I feel like she will be a nightmare to play against.

Especially since Blizzard has tendency to over tune new heroes more often than not.

Orphea looks interesting (ability wise) and her animations are sick af. There’s only so many Blizz characters that I really care about so I was hoping they’d design some original ones. Yes, I played WoW for over a decade. No, I don’t care about Whitemane or Mal’Ganis.

Orphea main btw.

7 Likes

I like her! Lili has a playmate now! :panda_face:
I wish she were set as a warrior seeing she has this bigass shield on her back.
A child warrior? How hard core is that?

2 Likes

2 words.

Elin Berserker.

Also Elin Lancer, Reaper, Slayer, Ninja, Warrior and Gunner.

I’m pissed because I AM a sucker for eldritch magic!
Why did it have to be some edgy toddler that has it instead of some Void based hero from WC?

1 Like

She look fun to play with her ‘‘Venom kind powers’’.

I just want Grommash Hellscream and Baal, then i’ll be happy. :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to her.

I am incredibly happy that the Heroes of the Storm team is continuing to develop their lore and that they feel both confident and proud enough to translate it into a playable character.
For me at least, Blizzard’s universes have always been set apart from others by their absolutely incredible characters and worlds.
I can’t wait to see them flush out the Nexus more and I think this is a great way to get it flowing.

I don’t have any of the problems that others seem to have with her.
I’ve always assumed that the point of Heroes of the Storm was to have characters from Blizzard games fight with and against each other.
Never necessarily from other Blizzard games, just from Blizzard universes in general (including the Nexus).
And as far as lore goes, basically all Blizzard characters started out as nobodies that went on to do great (or terrible, I guess) things.
Give Orphea time. Knowing that we will receive more HotS lore, I’m excited to see what they do with her. Not to mention that certain other characters in the game currently are also lacking in the lore department.

And while she might not have been Reinhardt (who I was looking forward to), or Imperius, or an Old God, or Deathwing, or character X, Y, or Z, that doesn’t mean they won’t come.
The last hero wasn’t Imperius (or X, or Y, etc.), nor was the one before that, or the one before that. The Heroes of the Storm team has shown confidence in the game and its future.
So wait, and enjoy what we have now.
They will continue to release content, and we should be happy about that.
So many people here seem to want character X/Y/Z so much that they have become very close-minded about the future of Heroes of the Storm.

Think about it this way - With the release of Orphea and lore for the Nexus, Heroes of the Storm is further developing itself as a strong and independent Blizzard title, and with this, they can move forward with more determination.

This is is just my take on the situation, but again, I am truly excited to see what the Heroes of the Storm team does in the near future both with Orphea and the lore around her and the game’s balance with regard to the recent EXP/Armor/etc changes.

4 Likes

I must be the 1%, because i’ve read the book and it is still in my bookshelf. :wink:

1 Like

Her abilities look terrible on screenshots. After looking at the video though, her basics look fine, but her heroics(especially eternal feast or whatever) still seem out of place. Not sure if it’s the visual style of the attack or design or what.

But yeah, salt aside, she does look more on the fun side.

agreed/

1 Like

Let say that I’m quite interested in her design. Especially her Q. It actually looks like she’s dancing.

About the “she is not an established Blizz’s chracter”, well, every character was once an OC. A few good character developments and they would have their unique identities.

Just like how the WoW lot like Whitemane, Greymane, Alexstrasza, Ragnaros, Varian, Chromie, etc… or that overhyped Deathwing. Blizz built all of them up from scratch. In the end, they turn out just fine. Not to mention the entire OW cast. Which is widely loved by the the community.

In short, if the character is built in-house, I’m fine with it. The only thing I can’t stand in HotS is seeing characters from other established and non-Blizz franchises like Link, Master Chief or any of the CoD and Destiny BS.

4 Likes

Didn’t know your opinion somehow meant more than everyone else’s, i apologize.

6 Likes

She looks super fun.

3 Likes

My favorite complaint is people saying “this game is no different than Dota or LoL with OC characters”

She does look cool though and I see it as a way of hots having it’s own identity now. I’m sure the hate train will die down eventually just like it did with Overwatch heroes

4 Likes