The last hope of hots

Yea, your question gets answered time and time again.

1. Forum CoC ask players not request blue replies, the point of the boards is discussions, not peter-pandering for blue handouts.
  • occasionally a topic with a direct question gets answered, and then the topic goes off the point of discussion to flood it with more ask-blue questions, thus curtailing why requests from blues are frowned upon.
  1. Responding to ‘fun’ topics at least gives the impression that the blues are around, do read feedback, and can either reply something pertaining to their own personal internet (not a “promise” from the game) or in a topic that gets derailed by blues.
  2. Feedback is more ‘organic’ as a point of discussion; forumits can assist with answering some questions, but more technical stuff is suited for a different medium, such as the AMAs, even though people may not like or feel their questions were answered there.

One of the most prominent examples of the issues behind direct-bue answers could be seen from that one AMCkerrigan player or whoever – they changed their tag/name or something and haven’t been around in ages.

Anyway, they were particularly passionate about gettign the kerrigan rework and even got direct blue replies to liek two of their topics. Because of tha, they felt they had the power to “summon the blues” and would make more bait topics demanding blue attention on stuff peopel had already answered, they just wouldn’t believe it cuz it wasnt’ a blue saying it.

Tiem goes on and the rework happens and they go through this spiral of calling the blues liars on stuff that was one as they said it would be, but they were personally offended that the hand-holding sessions didn’t continue to happen.

I would prefer to link directly to the progression in that regard, but the old-forums currently only redirect to the new forums, so at some point, hopefully they’re be an archive migration so the history of the community here remains intact.

The basic tl;dr is that people that fixate or demand on blue responses tend to frustrate themselves, delude themselves into claiming blues lied about promise this that or another, and pretty much indicate they’re their own worst issue and they’d probably have been better of not getting a ‘personalized’ blue reply.

2 Likes

is that guy even around any more?

1 Like

Yes from time to time. He is a good guy dont get me wrong. But then again he is avoiding the major issues and mostly respond to questions that doesnt change that much to the game

Im sure if he asks how should we improve the game he gets detailed feedback from many players. And maybe gets some useful constructive tips

(Btw dev tracker he responded last week that he doesnt want to share data)

2 Likes

You’re correct, they are more likely to respond to fun off topic thread like “songs to play the game to” etc…

I don’t think anyone deserves a response, but I agree with you that not everyone here is writing complaint posts. I had hoped to get a response to this:

Many people raised the question if the devs would keep an anomaly if it worked out and more specifically how they would poll the community. I really like the XP change, so I was hoping they would say they will adding a question in game.

1 Like

maybe just maybe a miracle happens and it changes! i don’t believe in miracles but who knows?

1 Like

Im going to guess they are not authorized…
You may be surprised how little freedom they have to speak about certain things.

The bigger the company , the less freedom your employees have when they talk to customers and most of the time they are forced with premade text and stuff.

Im already grateful AZjackson is talking to us because im think hes going borderline on the few things he can tell us. Anymore and im sure hed be instantly removed for diciplinary action.

3 Likes

they always forget to be specific

blizzard doesn’t care though.

3 Likes

I’m not saying blues don’t respond to fun posts, but saying the devs never respond to serious discussion is a flat out lie.

2 Likes

Personally I would be down with Heroes of the Storm 3. Even if it would be a brand new game.

1 Like

The MOBA market isn’t growing right now, I would love a new game or even 3.0, but I just can’t see it happening.

3 Likes

:cry:

2 Likes

need more? don’t worry about anything!!! :pat: :pat:

So what are the serious topics?
Core replacement idea is bringing up a new mechanical idea.

They never adress things that are in the game right now except for a few minor stuff like tyraels lvl 20

1 Like

Some people just want others to see what they want you to see.

2 Likes

Why don’t you head over to league of legends if you think hots is losing popularity?

As long as we keep playing and enjoying the game we can keep it alive until Blizzard decides to give it some attention again.

The main problem I believe is the simple lack of developers still working on the game after they got fired by Activision or assigned to other projects. Lets hope when Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 are developed further we get some of them back.

Maybe when the new games settle we can actually get big patches again maybe even a 3.0 version. The game is still very fun to me and a lot of people since its unique in its own way and for me it developes alongside the other Blizzard universes.

3 Likes

Sorry, I probably should’ve quoted the person I was mostly replying to (Ray). But there was the most recent state of AI post:

That said, I wouldn’t call hero specific discussions minor and it seems like you want to see discussion on the largest, sweeping issues in the game. In which case, I’ll put myself firmly in the camp of MySelf (:stuck_out_tongue:) and say they probably can’t for various reasons, such as still figuring stuff out or something.

What exactly would you like to see the heroes team say if they did talk about things like QM or the whitemane rework? I can’t imagine them really having much to discuss unless they’re intending on making some sort of change.

Game decayment is a thing to pretty much anything, its just HotS is decaying faster than any game right now.

TF2 is still alive after 12 years and recently they officially said its maintenance mode (like it already wasn’t like that 3 years ago lmao hahaha), on one side this says something on the other it does nothing for a game that has a backed up community of content creators, HotS on the other hand has no large river of resource to keep the game going compared to other games specifically from a “content creators and all that stuff” type of river.

Even smol indie companies has larger ones.

r/TF2 has 10 times the activity r/HotS has on top of multiple other things that keeps the game alive and well that is also connected to other games/softwares like GMod and SFM.

Who would have thought limiting expression would result in this? You can’t even post images on r/HotS!!!

3 Likes

Idk tbh, I think my topics about SL and masters were serious enough, but they were ignored by devs.

Imagine if players were able to make content for HotS like in TF2… It would fix a lot of problems.

3 Likes

H OMEGALUL TS is what i read whenever someone say they’re going to play hots in the discord servers cause it’s a funny word nowadays KEKW