The last hope of hots

Even if the current iteration has half flopped its not a complete wash. Fans have kept the game plodding along which means the devs have had a lot of time and data to balance and tweak the game. The “same ten hero” metas we had back in beta are gone and talents are much more diverse.

So theoretically they can very cheaply “upgrade” hots if they just ported all that gameplay to a new engine that mimics hots ms/as/casting etc. As long as the new engine gets rid of fundamental reconnect and has better gfx it would be a big step up. It’s not much but tbh I think if you got rid of reconnect, improved gfx and put some effort into tutorials/training the second coming of hots could actually be very succesful.

Edit: they would probably have to redo the skin shop however. Old players would probably only get credit for the new store which I wouldn’t like but I’d be willing to give up some useless trinkets to get rid of that reconnect

13 Likes

well the problem is they’re focusing on “reworks” and “new heroes” as if that’ll make the game better. they prefer to buff / nerf heroes / add new skins / events / wasting their time on all this instead of the real problem and actually fix the game for good but i guess they don’t want to make it better so they just do the repeatable things buff nerf buff nerf buff nerf…

1 Like

I dont understand whats wrong w balance changes. There are probably only single digit heroes that actually need reworks (dva, nova again)… I like the balance changes so far- just use what you got but make each option more enticing no need to rework everything and rebuild the wheel every time.

As long as they add a map or two and few heroes over the next few yrs I’m happy w the state of the game (could it be better? Yes. Absolutely yes. But still satisfied). Minus that reconnect and the associated dumb af AI… that part is an awful stain on what is otherwise a gem

I could give two sh*ts about skins and events though. I have a bajillion skins I use around 5. Who cares.

12 Likes

the reconnect is one of the worst things in the game i highly agree on this. the fact that you must wait till it reload the replay from the moment you disconnected is just ridiculous af… you end up losing the game and still reconnecting like comon isn’t it obvious that it’s one of the dumbest things they did to the game?

6 Likes

I love how they respond to “im a lvl 150 fenix” on reddit or look at this minor balance change. But they never come back to any of the changes they did

I havent seen any dev comment to xp globes, the master changes, quick match balance, wm rework just to name a few

5 Likes

because they totally care! right? Kappa

I like the xp globe changes (once it settled) but at the same time it doesn’t change the game much so imo a big waste of effort. There were so many better things they could have spent their time on. Reminds me of brawls… they wasted so much effort on what was basically a half assed loot farm mode

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a single dev except AZJackson respond to any serious game related issues for 1+ year.
But they do respond to meaningless ‘fluff’ posts and joke threads.

Either they aren’t authorized to do so, they don’t care, or they don’t have the knowledge.

7 Likes

that’s their biggest issue. they waste a lot of effort on such things like these without realizing they won’t change the game for the better at all. and that’s so sad tbh

1 Like

I think they are allowed to talk about whatever they want , but I think they are avoiding confrontation about a few things. I actually would love to see someone taking up the harder talk. It shows that they care about the community.

I think we all want to work to make this game better for everyone. Most people act out of interest to everyone and not just the individual player. But without any of them responding to what we considering major issues. We are slowly losing hope. (Yes I speak as a we because its happening. when you see the other topic a lot of long time forum users who are usually positive are responding badly in this next thread)
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/blizzard-one-of-the-worst-gaming-companies-today/34152?u=harbinger-21721

4 Likes

Funnily enough, even that blue post you quoted is by AZJackson… :frowning:
Maybe the rest don’t want community interaction.

5 Likes

They post here in their free time and every post is met with immediate angry responses. No wonder they dont interact here often. Not to mention that these forums are only made up of a few dedicated community members.

3 Likes

ah right i forgot we’re supposed to pat them since they only accept pats and hugs but no negativity. they only accept positive feedback! else they’ll run away. interesting

3 Likes

Yeah, that is totally the reason they don’t post here…

rollseyes

6 Likes

That’s right! You pat those potatoes on the back and LIKE IT! All “NERF X” hero threads should be met with tea and hugs =D

1 Like

People keep spouting that, and then they ignore the posts where devs to respond to that.

Part of the issue is that some people get so riled up on their hate-fetish that they just look to confirm it over and over again.

Here’s the thing, you can gripe about all the little bits of stuff you don’t like, nerf/buff/rework whatever, but the lul in the game is currently from a lack of ‘new’ heroes for people to gripe over beside deathwing.

Heck, february was the most active the blues have been on the forums in 6 months and I doubt some of you would even notice. While people can cry themselves blue over “oh negativity” generally the functional concern is that there isn’t something worth commenting on in that regard: complaining is easy, almost worthless, and then people expect a reward for having done it.

The issue isn’t “oh we can’t be negative” its that what is “negative” generally doesn’t convey anything useful. Some of the most pronounced chronic complainers can be caught out in telling lies, having actually tested the stuff they complain about or a myriad of other stuff that can suggest people complain just for the sake of complaining.

When some stuff gets a nod, it gets drowned out because half the reason some of these things persist is people don’t bother to notice cuz they’re so fed up in their complaint mode; it gets to a point they probably wouldn’t be happy even if they were personally coddled.

7 Likes

I had hope with the latest guy. I loved how lana replied to hero and skin suggestions

Well if it makes you guys feel better, reddit blues also only respond to “funposts”, almost never serious issues.

But I do also understand why they rarely post here, this forum has about 50 super dedicated users and otherwise it’s just the occassional 0-100 poster dropping in.

5 Likes

I imagine posting on a forum as a dev is a lot like being an honest policeman at a police brutality rally. You also know what the problem is and also don’t like it, but you’re just a cog in the wheel and realize you are helpless against the massive machine of the Justice system, yet you are associated with the problem so you get all the flak. Not a pleasant experience

1 Like

did you read the post above mine? cause that was the reply to it. he’s saying they don’t post cause of “angry responses”.

here’s your hug so you don’t run away! (hugs)

isn’t most of the blue posts going to the “fun threads”? and is it so hard to actually take a minute replying to a simple question about someone asking if they have plans to do something to ( X Hero Name ) despite that person posting tons of times asking it over and over again and ignored? yet they reply to the ridiculous “what’s your favourite music to play while playing hots” etc? or “memes of the storm” are you serious?

that few minutes of writing a reply to a useless thread could have taken to write a response to someone asking a question about the game or a hero. and as a developer you should explain not ignore or answer after 2 years of that thread being posted.

2 Likes