The Butcher Rework Concept

If your assuming a good butcher is not going to die and hes not going to have to much trouble getting early kills for stacks, why is it important to reduce his the death penalty?

What???

lollolololoool
My bad, replied to the wrong thread. I was talking about how the HoTS team never releases new characters and Captain Loves-The-Devs over here was saying that it’s perfectly reasonable for them to have slowed the pace to what it is. I was countering with facts and logic.

It is obvious - because newbies are still exist. You know that feeling when you got a player that plays the hero for the first time? Skilled players won’t fail, but if newbie does, he will probably fail even more. I decreased it because i also decreased the amount of Meat from heroes.

I never said that. I said that it takes a lot of time because their budget is low and the amount of workers is also low. Not to mention that “great” comparison to League of Legends.

I see.

But we only see the suff they release tho. We don’t get to see all the stuff they are still working on or the stuff they deem not good enough to release. Plus animations do take a while to make.

Hey, like I said, usually agree with you. LoL is hot trash. It’s just more playable than HoTS right now. There’s some stupid bug with HoTS that makes it so I can’t even launch the game anymore. Had to go back to LoL. It sucks.

I understand the frustration and wanting to make a hero easier but I really don’t want to alienate the current butcher fans just to make the hero more accessible. I don’t think the change goes quite that far which is good but it’s not something I’d rework a hero just to do.

I know that personally, if they were to dumb down my whitemane I’d be pretty upset. The challenge is half the fun. Even now over 200 hero levels later.

I should go to sleep before i end my entire career with another grammar error. : s

2 Likes

And i’m not trying to do that. I’m trying to make him more stable.
The Butcher is not Maiev in terms of difficulty, because he doesn’t have that skillcap.
I don’t think the current fans will be upset if The Butcher will lose less and gain less from heroes, because he will finally become stable hero that doesn’t have absurd powerspike after 200 meat (+125 Attack Damage is just abnormal) and can’t be snowballed that much as right now.

Why not Smite or DotA 2 tho? They are better than LoL.

Actually didn’t like Smite and my friends wont play DOTA anymore

Hi guys
I think having heroes that are great in certain skill levels and bad in others is kind of inevitable. Butcher is a prime example, in low mmr QM he is played, loved and hated by so many and I think that’s ok. I wouldn’t want to take that experience away from new players to get hunted down by a butcher and get lambed.
It’s hilarious the first few times and eventually they learn how to deal with it. This rework is focused on competitive and Butcher is more of a meme, it’s like you would take Murky and make him grandmaster worthy (I’m sure someone could do it, but it would still be for the memes.)

1 Like

Well, actually, Murky is a really strong hero and he surely wasn’t made for low skill players.

I wanted to delete Butcher’s absurd snowball and powerspike after 200 meat, and also finally nerfing his LttS, one of the most OP ults in the game. He surely needs these changes to be at least balanced in QMs, not in “Progamerleague”, because it’s almost impossible to win against him with 200+ meat at lvl 10, yet it’s almost impossible to win WITH him without 200+ meat at lvl 10. The only thing that saves him is broken LttS which should be nerfed, especially its Lvl 20 buff.

hmmm wah?
Butcher will get 200+ meat in 99% of matches in QM. It’s not OP as long as people remember they’re supposed to disengage when they’re Branded.

that part is a lot more true

I like it Smile.

I agree that too much power is in his quest complete. To give a comparison:

• Baseline zuljin completing his quest boosts his damage by approx 31%
  • Baseline butcher completing his quest boosts his damage by approx 240%

That’s a stark difference despite ZJ still feeling like he gains power through stacking.

It turns out, most of ZJs power actually comes from quests. E.g. he has some quests that grant 40% boosts which is quite large. Other heroes are lucky to have one of their spells or AAs increase by ~15 to 20%

Early game butcher is hopelessly crap and id love to see his late game power distributed.

Well guess i’m playing in that 1%, because most of my Butchers in QM can’t even complete quest after lvl 20.

Finally, someone who understands my idea and opinion.

thats because u haven’t playing with me the best butch :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that the hero has its own way of working, lowering it would take away the concept. the 20 ult up is part of the same concept.

Butcher is a hero that comes into the game effectively in the late stages (when properly played) and affects the first stages by changing in its own way the gamestyle of both teams, which is also funny. it’s like abathur, zera and others.

The only regret I have is that there are not three very different talent trees. There I would change something, not elsewhere.

No, that ult up should not exist at all. It just busted and the ONLY talent Butcher has at lvl 20 (just like lvl 10).

I remade his concept to be fair without having powerspike and snowball. He’s not Alarak after all.

nah, the only problem is that he has 1 choice on each tier more or less. And butcher’s concept is indeed “snowball and powerspike”, more than anyone else.

Slaughterhouse i think is given too much credit. Whilst it’s great in the perfect conditions, it’s countered by simply spreading out so only 1 person gets hit.

I like your rework but id like to throw in a few more ideas:

• add some talents which increase butcher’s spell damage. Whilst AA is superior, it would be nice to have those options available as consolation if the enemy counter draft you hard. It’s like lunara is picked for aoe poison spread, but if the enemy has aoe heals she still has mage build and AA build to fall back on
  • Add flavour talents by granting butcher a temporary buff after collecting hero meat.

For example, at level 16 or 20 collecting hero meat resets butcher’s basic abilities. Like a mini liming with Charge resets. Yum.

• Level 20 Blast furnace doesnt explode again, it simply just has a second charge to be used at any time.

• Similar to Azmo or Diablo, The Butcher gets talent rows which increase his meat collection rate. For example, each AA against a hero grants meat (i think you had a talent like this in your rework), regen globes grant 2 meat. Stuff like that.

Quest completion level could possibly be increased from 200 to 250? The idea around this is that (like azmo) getting stacks is hard in the early game but made easier at say level 7 onwards. This reduces the frustrating feast or famine feel that butcher gets. Quest completion becomes “inevitable” but soft gated behind that particular level tier.

And this is a BAD stuff. It’s not league of legends to allow terrible designs that powerspike out of control. This is a bad design.

Not sure if it’s a good stuff. I already made brand to affect the damage of your abilities, and Q can be quite dangerous.

I already made few tho.

So you want to make him unbeatable???

This doesn’t make sense and will actually nerf an already bad Heroic.

No reason to increase quest completion when I’ve already reduced Fresh Meat from heroes and reduced his ‘feast or famine’ stuff by reducing Fresh Meat lost upon death.

Me trying to do him justice