Telling people to kill themselves

I was wondering, is telling people to “kill yourself” or “slit your wrists” allowed in game chat now? I have been seeing it more and more, so I was just wondering if this was OK now, and i missed the memo on that one?

3 Likes

Report and move on. If Blizz follows their own rules, they will be suspended/ banned… but who knows if they even have enough players left to be able to do so and keep the game running.

3 Likes

Yup they will not do anything about it. Its very common to see players say these things in chat so due to how often players are saying it, that further shows how little they pay attention to what is being said.

same story some guy wished for my dog to die just like that i didn’t provoke him with anything i just wish someone that actually cares for hots takes charge one day and make it what it deserves to be a great game!

1 Like

You know with money and lawyer you can sue someone with screenshot and logs as proofs, i am sure it will change mind of lots of gamer if we could see that thing happening in the news.

4 Likes

Not only suing. I think people can send someone to jail for that.

Exactly and blizzard probably can be held accountable as well for refusing to punish these players for such comments.

3 Likes

you could not.
wishing someone harm is just that. its nothing but being a jerk basically. no lawyer would pick that up unless there is a solid case that goes along with it and that is just extra to help win things over.

if someone actually made a death threat (i.e saying THEY would find you and kill you) then that is a whole different ballgame. that is something you can legally take up if you wanted.

1 Like

If you tell someone to kill themselves and they do it and if someone else can prove that it was said to them, they can be held responsible for such a action.

3 Likes

It could be a good read. You could look up Michelle Carter’s case on urging suicide. She was convicted and sentenced for involuntary manslaughter.

2 Likes

You can get away with a lot in this game… idk why tbh. Some of this stuff, as the OP notes, should really be instantly punished.

Cause they do not care about this game is why.

1 Like

People making the comments should receive standard punishment for chat abuse.

People frequently reporting others for abusive chat should be directed to a psychologist.

1 Like

What you expect. I stopped being toxic after about 10 bans and 1 account perma ban. People still act like maniacs because they think they are better than anyone else. I know because this is what I thought as well. Nowadays I get small relapses but the worst insult I can say is LTP.

2 Likes

It shouldnt be allowed but unless the person is reported by about 400+ people then you will see them again.

It takes way less reports for Non participating and I think those are being abused more.

Nah bans are based on number of reports, they do not even review them. It is an automatic system that wait to see if your account hits the required number of reports from different players.

blizzard doesn’t respond to reports

2 Likes

They do not even review them, it is all bots.

Pretty sure you can still count that as assisted suicide or manslaughter. Idk different countries also play a role because people play this game from all over the world.