Strongest hero lore-wised?

Yeah, but still a group of mortals. :rofl:

“Mortals” kill gods everywhere, especially in fantasy worlds, where they can gather a lot of power and get help from mighty entities.

Kerrigan’s just a mortal.
Medivh’s just a mortal.
Arthas’ just a mortal.
Deathwing’s just a mortal.
The Nephalem are just mortals.

But they got powers from a lot of sources.

And you still missed where I said that Arthas was actually not killed by the players, but vice-versa. Doesn’t matter how big your group is, he wipes it all like if it nothing and the only reason why the Lichking was defeated is because the Light, which is a God(?/fundamental force with will) interferred.
Arthas was defeated by a God and its chosen champion.

4 Likes

Kerrigan at the end of SC2.
Isn’t the Lich King suppose to be undying unless he is killed at the Frozen Throne?
Any Nephalem from D3 is suppose to be the strongest being in Diablo universe.

I think that’s cool that different video games use the same mythologies for inspiration for those games. Its really neat.

The xelnaga are not unkillable though, if they were, there would have been a lot more alive. And even with those powers, it was difficult for her to destroy Amon. Xelnagas can still weaken over time. And it might take a long while for kerrigan to become weak.

But if we would mix the starcraft and diablo universe, kerrigan still has a human soul. This means that malthael would have been able to kill kerrigan even as xelnaga by simply imprisoning her soul in the soulstone. And as far as i know, xelnaga cannot contact/use the dead to their advantage either, negating her chance to take out malthael.

Its very likely a rock paper scissors situation because there is always a certain situation in which a hero can kill the other. Just because the franchises have lore that conflict with each other.

1 Like

I have no idea why you replied to me about something I didn’t mention at all.

2 Likes

It’s weird how people keep talking Deathwing and forget that lorewise Alexstrasza is on par with him, and just as powerful. (when at her full power at least)

I was going to bring this point up but decided to read through first.

Diablo is never taken down solo canonically, neither are any WoW raid bosses, including Ragnaros.

2 Likes

Again, you demonstrate your ignorance of Diablo lore.

Pandemonium basically is the wider universe, and is the realm from which all other realms are created. That does not mean those other realms are parts of Pandemonium, as the Worldstone creates new realms and/or planets that are separate from Pandemonium. The Worldstone literally created and was able to manipulate Sanctuary, which is definitely not a part of Pandemonium.

Because all those other realms fall under the control of either the Angels and the High Heavens or the Demons and the Burning Hells. They are separate realms, but they were just another of the thousands or millions of chapters in the Eternal Conflict. The canonically exist, they just don’t play a major part in the story.

People sometimes complain about how these stories always follow a “Chosen One” or a “Mary Sue/Gary Stu” or some otherwise exceptional character, yet that formula is the one they keep returning to. This is because people don’t want to read about Fred the peasant, they want to read about Arthur the King.

Likewise with these realms in Diablo. You wouldn’t want to read about Garboland, yet another of hundreds or thousands of realms the Demons created and then overran. You wouldn’t want to read about Floaty Sky City, yet another of hundreds or thousands of realms the Angels created and then annexed. Those are barely footnotes in the Eternal Conflict.
You do want to read about Sanctuary, the only realm that actually has a chance of swinging the Eternal Conflict in one direction or another. You want to read about the exceptional realm that might change everything, not just another Nowhere that even the Angels and Demons have almost completely forgotten about.

That’s why those realms don’t get any attention, because they aren’t important to the story the Diablo franchise tells. They do exist, they just aren’t important.

1 Like

The light and void are weird. They do not really exist in the physical universe, but in there own realities outside of it. When they came together they created the wow multiverse. They are in essence fundamental forces of the WoW multiverse, though they are also not necessarily good and evil, they are used by intention rather than some alignment. It just that the light is based on live that it oppose Arthas and the scourage as a whole.

Wait till more gets known in Shadowlands.
Elune, VoidLords, whatever the Jailer is.
I think the Light and the Void will have a final “face”.

Canonically it’s only One Nephalim that beats him so I think it’s fair to say if you think Maltheal is the strongest I would argue that the Nephalim you know… beats him

Plus that’s just a title falacy, a good example of this in action in a more obvious way would be Mortal Kombat’s Raiden, he’s called a god (or demi god whatever) and yet his best feats would honestly pale in comparison to what can be achieved by a Starcraft siege tank.

That said to break it down by universe as far as my knowledge goes

Diablo: the Nephalim characters are OPAF

Starcraft: Even if it’s only Primal Kerrigan we see in game she’s still probably the strongest, Starcraft nuts help me here
Also I think Tassadar is a contender for sure and depending on how you measure power Stukov is a second place candiate probably competing with Alarak.

Warcraft: There are a few characters to consider here and also timelines to consider. For example Medivh would take this easy if it was while he was possessed by Sargeras, but he lost that power after Aegwyn ressurected him
However that said I think if this is based on the Deathwing we saw in Cataclysm with full Elementium plates covering his body, well it was hinted that the Final Cataclysm would be a life wiper level attack (I.E one step below planet buster) So with that in mind I think it’s Deathwing who takes the cake here

Nexus: I figured I’d mention this because hey why the heck not I’m the known Qhira fanboy
However to my understanding Orphea is now a full on Realm Lord having taken the Raven’s Court singularity from her father now that he’s banished to the Dark Nexus, if this is true Orphea I can say with confidence is the most powerful character lore wise on the roster because full on Singularities are what create the realm lords and they are capable of keeping all the god tier entities I just mentioned in line.
If I’m wrong on Orphea then Qhira is also a contender even if she’s not a fullrealm lord I’m sure having a fragment of a singularity you visibly draw power from, combined with a good skill in combat makes one a strong contender for most powerful in the nexus, and we know she’s pretty high up there given mid to high tier characters like Arthas show up in her trophy room.

We talkin pre Crisis superman stuff right here heh

Primal QoB Kerrigan is literally the strongest non-Xel’naga character in SC history, no competition.

Tassadar was powerful for a High Templar, but he only reached his maximum power for a short period in his kamikaze attack on the Overmind. At other times, I would probably put him at Artanis’ current level, tops.

Alarak is definitely one of the most powerful warriors in SC2, and post-Terrazine exposure Nova is also up there.

However, Stukov is definitely not. His limited psionic potential mixed with his powerful biological abilities make him a serious threat to most small fry and his absurd regenerative capabilities make him exceedingly difficult to permanently kill, but his offensive abilities are fairly limited against opponents with resistance to his biological abilities, such as large enough or psionically superior enemies. The main threat Stukov poses to his opponents is his ability to infest them and turn them against each other.

I meant to say Queen of Blades. As in the first version from SC1 sorry for the mix up

Unless I missed something We cna’t confirm HOW much more powerful she got, while we can assume she did get stronger obviously the best actual measurable feat of hers is still the Psionic Scream from her childhood

Given Kerrigan is gone It’s still hinted he is the heaviest hitter now in the Swarm since Abather literally says when meaitng him in Heart of the Swarm that the way his essence is spun is only seconded to Kerrigans at the time.
Furthermore he was still able to generate enough force to kill Narrud, someone who was still fully funcitonal after having Kerrigan wail on him with psionically pwoered punches and only “died” to kerrigan by basically putting all her raw strength into stabbing him through the heart.
Even if he was “weakened” being able to generate enough force to kill Narrud is nothing to scoff at.

Kerrigan. She turned herself into a god.

Nephalem, spawn of demon and angels they can solo kill all the lesser and prime evils, due to chosen one(s) narrative.

Ehh maybe, but that kinda under minds the whole “Fundamental forces of the universe” thing, as creation occurred when light and void mixed. Also, the narru and the void lords are kinda the epitome of the respective forces, with the void lords being beings that scared even Sargaras, the titan who defeated all other titans.

I’m pretty sure the Naaru, or at least not the naaru we’ve seen are the epitome of the light
The Void Lords actually can’t manifest in the physical world which is why they created the old gods to try and infest and corrupt titans efore they awoke.

Technically, Void Lord can manifest, but it severely weakens them, resulting in only a fraction of their power. This can be seen with the void lord Dimensius Dimensius the All-Devouring - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft. It is hypothesized that a corrupted titan could allow a void lord to cross over fully with losing its power by feeding of it.

1 Like