So, who else has turned off allied chat out of fear?

I can’t be the only one scared of getting perma banned. Who else?

22 Likes

What? why turn off ally chat? You need to communicate in order to win the game.

4 Likes

What are you even saying? who turns off chat “in fear”? Only reason you’d be banned is if you were some schmuck flaming your whole team.

7 Likes

Well I can understand it if you’ve gotten suspended a number of times and next one is perma ban, but I’d never disable chat.
Just yesterday I was playing as Fenix and had a Murky in the team in QM. Asked about whether he was gooing to go octograb and responded saying, “It’s time for a PLANET CRAAAACKER”, to which he laughed. We then had a lot of fun with it and chatting and we befriended eachother and played more games.

If I disable chat, it’d remove that. I don’t only play for the game itself, it’s also for the people involved. Playing a moba without communication seems backwards to me.

Although before disabling chat, it might just be time to realize to clean up your act and keep your temper.

8 Likes

turning it off will just make it more likely for you to get banned if your team doesn’t think you are listening to them.

3 Likes

Pointless to turn off allied chat … you will just get reported for afk/non participation/feeding

1 Like

Mah man 'er, 'ee git’s dis!

that is the biggest load of crap i’ve read today. You can get banned for anything. You don’t have to be rude or a jerk. Constructive criticism can be harmful to this generation aka reported. And since that crap is automated suspension. I agree with the OP. I disable Team chat as well.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

11 Likes

Yeah that doesn’t make a difference.

If I’m having a bad day, I throw out 2-3 reports on people I didn’t like anyway. The system is working as intended.

6 Likes

I wish I can disable allied chat but ai teamates dont even respond :frowning:

3 Likes

Well, if you’re scared of a perma ban, it means you’ve been silenced or suspended or you really go off the rails when you rage. Most people feel some type of way about losing and insulting your team will make things worse far more often than it will make things better.

1 Like

2 years allied chat always on and i talk every game alot to my teammates and suggest actions.

I dont say “stop feeding Leoric”

I go with “maybe less aggro?”

I do get the “reported” every now and then but nothing has happened so far.

Do you spam a lot of hero league games where people are on super edge to save their rank ?

1 Like

For three years people could be silenced while having chat disabled. It was only changed six months ago, so many people were silenced unfairly.

2 Likes

this mostly applies to people who mostly play hero league.

Yeah the system is really overzealous. I have been silenced for super b.s. stuff like “Why are you top you should be with us” when a troll is ignoring objective. I rage worse now and then too but in HL everyone does at some point. It seems fine for people to troll games but calling them out is against the rules zzZZ

The system doesn’t affect quick match as much tempers run much hotter in ranked than QM . I was never silenced when I played only QM

Really blizzard just wants to punish competive veterans to cater to the casual new players. Trolling games? Playing something you never play? Playing drunk/high? That’s all fine we love our casuals. Competitive gamer gets upset at the drunk guy? That’s NOT COOL you need to be banned for being mean to our casuals…

I don’t know if it’s done on purpose or not. I suspect they think that veterans have enough skins/ have already spent money so f em.
New players / casuals may not have spent money yet.

3 Likes

Basically either HL or AI to chill out, QM or TL only with friends because QM is too much of a diceroll on comps and i cant enjoy all assassin teams.

Ive played about 80-260 HL games a season last 4 seasons.

Edit: Maybe EU is more sensible with the reports than NA?

For a long time i only played QM and brawl … i was never silenced once.

At one time, i had a lot more free time so i decided to try to play ladder/hero league mode.

One weekend i played like 40+ ranked games … and this is where the silences/suspensions started to occur.

For “toxic chat”.

I was the type of player that tried shot calling, tried coaching/leading the team/etc. and would call out poor play (i called out great play as well). I was always this way though, i didn’t start getting bans/penalties until i started playing a ton of hero league / rank play though.

The entire experience of being silenced and banned from rank mode was very frustrating especially because it didn’t seem fair … i always played the game with integrity … but passionately as well … i’ve never been banned or suspended from any other game in my life.

3 Likes

Mostly i see calls to report people when they play bad which is just dumb and i just tell them back that playing bad isnt a reason to report.

I start reporting after third flame or so usually, i let the first few slide by because we all get frustrated sometimes but after they have nothing else to say than to flame others i dont see any reason for them to play competetive or be able to open their mouths as they have demonstrated they cant play with a team or say anything sensible.

1 Like

Im keeping Ally chat on, so if someone is non stop being toxic i can report it :blush:
Only thing is i don’t say a thing in chat, only if needed, i mostly use pings to communicate.

This is a big part of the reason why the community is such a mess … instead of people playing the game/having fun … blizzard’s ban system has fostered an environment where a game (something that’s supposed to be recreational/fun/competitive) into a police/censored state where everybody is hungry to tattle and get others banned

in other games, when you dont like something someone says, or you think they are bad at the game, you ‘challenge’ the person to a match … you don’t tattle and try to get their account banned

blizzard really enjoys running their servers this way though … maybe to distract customers from all of the anti consumer stuff they are doing? who knows…

5 Likes