Settings resets to default on every launch, no previous solutions helped in this case

Hey tech support.
Recently I found out that some users encountered an issue in which the game resets its own settings on every single launch, which can be extremely frustrating due to the fact that they and everyone who encountered the situation, cant and dont want to play the game while its on the current state.
I have encountered the same issue, and I managed to found a few articles about it, yet non of the solutions worked for me.
if you could send a medivac, that might solve it out :smiley:
I and everyone whom still wants to play the game, would love to continue on in it and not farewell it as if the issue wont be fixed.
solutions I tried:
-reinstalling
-launching in admin both apps
-disabling antivirus and other startup items
-switching regions
-Scan and Repair
-restart PC (of course)
-opening a new admin account on the PC
-deleted Variables.txt file.
-disabling CFA (windows controlled folder access)
-not using OneDrive or any cloud on the PC so it shouldnt be the problem either.
articles which didn’t solve my problems as well:

Thanks for any coming help!
-MM

I am also having this problem. I have a laptop that has the game installed which works without a problem but my gaming PC has this error. Tried all the solutions listed above.

Thanks for confirming the issue, honestly, I have been watching the article for a few days now hoping somebody would answer, yet I assume the tech team are quite busy.
Tech support, we’ll wait patiently, but please, supply us with some sort of solution or at least some investigation?
the longer it takes, the more frustration it causes :frowning:

Howdy MisterMaster,

I didn’t see any widespread reports of this so it’s likely something specific to your computer. Based on everything you have tried so far, the next thing I would suggest checking is the Read Only settings. If this doesn’t help, you may want to try reinstalling the game entirely to another folder or harddrive to see if there’s any change.

thanks for looking out Zenlaka, I reinstalled the game into a folder of its own and unchecked “Read only” on the folder, unfortunately, these didn’t do it.
But, I SHOULD have mentioned earlier that I use a C disk, And a D disk, C is basically for the system stuff, while D is where I download games into and has the larger disk space, yet you surely know that :smiley:

I found a folder of the game in the C disc, named Heroes of the Storm, which was weird at first, since I never downloaded the game to that disk, but than I found out the folder had inside it some stuff about my account, including my settings which for some reason were set there to “default” .
I deleted this folder, and when I launched the game, and the settings reset again, I was able to change the settings and keep them!
So, thanks for your help, that you for the fast reply as well! :grin:

Awesome! Glad you had it sorted out and thanks for letting us know what steps helped!