Screen glitching (badly) in-game on Mac OS (10.12.6)

Today, I’ve been getting very bad visual glitching in-game that manifest as what I can only describe as “blind-spots” on the map. The map itself is rendered, but there will be areas where players/minions/anything completely disappear and then re-appear, as well as get smeared vertically across the screen as they do so. The “blind spots” are only on certain parts of the maps, but make it completely un-playable in those regions. It’s happened on a number of maps now, and only started after the new patch.

3 Likes

Same thing happening to me on Mac OS 10.14.6. I’ve made a post elsewhere on these forums

Edit: when i try to include a link of an image showing the problem or my system specs, it says “sorry, you can’t include links in your posts”

1 Like

Same thing happens here.

1 Like

They have this tracked and are looking for a fix!

I hope so, is there a dev response acknowledging this issue somewhere?

Do these improve with playing (as shaders are cached)? Are you running the latest supported Mac OS version for your system (in case of driver bug fixes)?

Posting an image (screen capture) of the artefacts may be useful for the developers to understand or diagnose what is happening. Additionally listing what Mac model you are using as well as the variant may be useful in case it is only with specific GPUs.

I have been having this issue ever since the last patch went up with version macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Makes the game almost unplayable. I have updated and restarted my computer seeing no improvements. During game the glitching doesn’t improve either, and certain areas the players are invisible and cannot interact.

It seems that on every map there’s an invisible horizontal line. Everything on screen below that line blinks into the sky and then a few frames later they are back. This is causing issues including not being able to see things where they are and unable to click things, for example, the fountain blinks you won’t be able to use it anymore.

Mojave 10.14.6
Processor 22 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I am having the same issue. Map mostly renders fine but many of the character models float up into the sky, sometimes fall back down again, or just disappear completely. This tends to happen around big group fights most of the time, and mostly on Volskaya for me. Makes the game completely unplayable because I cannot even target people or see my own character model. The problem does not resolve itself over time as the game caches, and actually it tends to get worse until I restart the client.

Mojave 10.14.6
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel Iris 1536 MB

blizzard does not care about this issue.

They do and it is likely the developer they have dedicated to HotS Mac support is working on it.

At least you can open and play the game though. A large portion of Mac users no longer get that luxury.

a broken toy doesn’t make me happy

Thanks for your reports everyone! There’s been consistent reports for Sierra and Mojave as being reported, as well as Intel Graphics that we’re gathering information for. Let’s move this discussion over to this thread to keep everything on one thread.