Visual bugs since latest patch

Same here.

iMac (21.5-inch, late 2013)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel iris pro 1536MB
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Exact same stats over here. Exact same problem.

Never had issues playing this game prior to last week’s patch. Gave up in frustration for the most part. Tried again a few days ago. Lowering my graphics settings seemed to fix it, but when I tried to play again this evening it happened all over again and I couldn’t fix it.

It seems to happen on some maps more than others, and typically only around certain gates with an excess of moving parts (like Braxis) or around critical mission objective points (like the payload entrances/exits on Hanamura).

Almost impossible to play like this with models disappearing. Bookmarking page, hope to see communication soon.

I see the highlighting around objects I’m pointing to are black instead of glowy. Also, it takes several clicks on the face to bring up the talent selection menu.

5 Likes

@NickinTy, agree on the maps quoted.

Here is another example, my allied are taking a camp but I can’t see the camp or them.

1 Like

Yep, this has definitely happened.

Tried again tonight with lowest graphics settings. Couldn’t see the vast majority of anything happening in the bottom lane of Battlefield of Eternity.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Thank you all for your reports and apologies for the delay in responding. Greatly appreciate each of you already taking the initiate to provide the OS version, Mac models, so far! We are tracking the visual bugs with Heroes of the Storm and getting the provided details added.

It does seem that there is a trend with Intel graphics that are being used. Out of curiosity, does increasing or lowering each of the Graphics Settings seem to help? We’ve seen issues with lowering the Shader setting cause similar graphical issues in the past.

Please continue to provide the following:

• Mac Model
  • Integrated or Switchable Graphics Card / External GPU
  • OS Version

Macbook pro retina mid 2014
intel iris 1536 mb
macos mojave 10.14.5
i’m with the same problems

Before the latest patch to the game I believed that reducing not the shader settings, but virtually every other aspect of game’s graphics settings did resolve the problem. My shaders have almost always been set to medium and I rarely, if ever, touch them.

I got a game on Braxis Holdout. The bottom lane was absolutely trashed. Floating walls, missing turrets, and dead zones where characters would become invisible once they walked through it. Game was virtually unplayable.

I then messed with the graphics settings and managed to get Braxis holdout once again and, to my surprise, there were absolutely no issues at all. Played perfectly with no visual errors whatsoever.

At some point between tonight and the latest patch (can’t remember which night specifically, I’ve already uninstalled the game for the time being) I tried to play again with the graphics settings untouched. The map was borked. I can’t tell if toying with the graphics settings the first time actually fixed anything or if it’s completely random chance that determines whether or not my game breaks.

So I just dealt with the graphical bugs for that match. Then, after completion, I reduced everything to the bare minimum. The overall quality of the graphics, including shaders, were set to the low setting. I loaded into Battlefield of Eternity and… same problem. Entire bottom lane was a huge dead zone. At that point I just quit.

Hopefully that helps somewhat.

2 Likes

In case it helps anyone else, i was having this issue running all graphics settings on low. I changed shaders to medium while keeping everything else the same and so far havent experienced the issue yet. Will continue to see if this has resolved it for now.

UPDATE: Spoke too soon, just saw a minor case of this today. It doesn’t seem to be in as many areas as before but still there.

1 Like

Same here:
MacBook Pro 2017
AMD Radeon Pro 560 4 gig of RAM
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Same.
MacBook Pro 2015
Intel Iris Pro 1536 МБ
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

I hope the problem is solved soon.

Thank you all for providing the details, added you all to our tracking as well! Nothing new as of yet. We’ll continue to update as new information is available!

It seems that it’s a hit or miss with setting the Shaders to medium seems to help a little bit. The issue continues to happen, but it may be something to get the game to a bit more of a playable state in the mean time.

Please continue to provide the Mac Model, Integrated/Switchable Graphics/External GPU that is being used, as well as the OS version.

If you do have a switchable graphics available, does going to System Preferences > Energy Saving and unchecking Automatic graphic switching help at all or just a bit?

Exactly, I tried to lower video setting and it did not work. the visual bug still remained. and I do not know if blizzard would fix or not cuz it has been already 2weeks. Although Blizzard got the same issue from mac users many times, all they are doing is to keep asking the spec of your computer and OS. It is so disappointing situation as a blizzard fan. Please stop asking spec (you guys already know) and fix it asap.

Hey there, folks! An update, our team is aware of the issue and have found this to be a consistent issue. There’s been some experience with this being worse in Catalina for those who haven’t updated yet. At the moment, there’s no exact timeframe on when this may resolved and it may take some time for this to be resolved due to the complex nature of the issue causing the visual bugs.

Setting the Shader setting to Medium may help reduce the issue slightly, but the issue with the visual bugs will still be present.

Our team is fully aware of and working on a resolution as quickly as possible. I hope that we’ll have more information on this soon soon. For now, we’ll continue to monitor and update as we have more information available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience with the issue!

1 Like

Really appreciate the quick updates and communication. Will be happy to provide additional feedback on any patches aimed towards fixing this issue.

Thanks for looking into this!

Same issue, battle of eternity is the most bugged map

macOS High Sierra
version 10.13.6
Processor 2,7GHz intel core i5
grafics intel iris pro 1536mb

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
macOS Catalina
1,4 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 МБ

Same here…
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 13)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
8gb Ram
Intel Iris 1536 mb

Turned shading to medium and nothing. Honestly this has been a known problem since the patch to support metal. If you’re not going to fix it just say so. I don’t understand the change anyway. Blizzard has clearly pulled a lot of support from the game and this patch just cut the legs out of the already dwindling player base.

2 Likes

does anyone know of a temporary fix for this?? pretty much had to stop playing because I was throwing games when team fights ended up in the bad spots of certain maps. LoL and DOTA 2 both have issues on a lot of Macs right now too so it’s not like I can just start learning a new moba

1 Like