Salt Mines - Deposit all your anger here!

New players don’t normally notice. They will usually blame a thousand things and not even notice their comp had a disadvantage.

My edit (extension) might have made it unclear.
What I meant is how QM is often a bit of a clown fiesta, and it can misguide people during their early careers.

You might remember my (waaay) earlier posts about how I’m terrible with melee, then just bruisers. Going through my winrates per season (in-game) it’s clearly visible. I started out as a fairly successful assassin, then transformed to a healer and got to high gold and kept at it, while gradually bleeding my ability to play assassins. Over time, my tanking has improved and although I did watch some streamers a bit, most notably Heccu when she was in her tanking phase, I guess I just got there. My best role is bruiser this season. I still have 8:22 with Varian, but better now. Maybe could play that 3:12 Sonya as well. Maybe Qhira was a proxy (40:40 by now, down from much better)?

Takeaway - Sure, tanking isn’t trivial as a newbie but what if I played draft from the get go? Maybe I’d be maining tank since forever? Maybe a lot more players would be happy to flex?

I don’t think anyone can start with drafting. Not only because they don’t own enough heroes. But you need to know a few heroes as well as those you don’t play, so you know how to counter them or when your pick won’t work.

New players tend to care only about kills and damage.

1 Like

Still didn’t receive a friend request. Frogsaron is nowhere to be seen too

Got into a ARAM game last night where I was playing ETC. The enemy team had a COLOSSAL amount of CC that made it difficult to approach them (including Brightwing and her Polymorph), much less do that and peel for teammates who were constantly out of position. Our Zagara kept approaching the enemy team while vastly out of position and thus, kept getting blown up before I could get to her. Our Valla then thought it was a good idea to dive headfirst 1v5 into the enemy team, also getting blown up. Between the two of them feeding and being constantly out of position, I wasn’t able to disrupt the enemy team enough for us to get kills.

The game ends with me not even being able to Mosh a single time as a result which was honestly pretty sad. Valla and Zagara (who are partnered up) proceed to start talking smack. I explain that I cannot peel for both of them when they are both out of position at different parts of the lane at once and they need to learn to play better. Instantly, they start flinging racial insults (which, considering how bad they were at the game, seems expected at this point). Just a really weird experience all around.

3 Likes

This is an odd Salt Mine as it was a winning game. I’ve been on a winning streak with Tyrael in QM all week, this surprises me as he’s not usually a tank I like to queue up with solo.

Everything is going along well, aside from our KT constantly overextending and dying,. We were still far ahead (didn’t lose a fort) thanks in part to the efforts of Murky pushing the enemy like the fiend he is.

Our Medivh player was on his second game with the hero (checked his profile after the match) and he didn’t know how to make portals, they were all so close together they almost touched. He yelled at me for my one death as “I should have taken his portal”, but honestly, it wouldn’t have saved me as the enemy tank had walked up to it and camped it being so close.

Med and the Murky spent the entire game yelling at the KT. They also got very angry with me when I wouldn’t engage an easily defended objective 3vs5! I really appreciate the KT and Thrall player for making the game bearable. I wonder how the other two grumpy people behave when they are on a losing team?

3 Likes

I play on EU i dont play on US as most here does. Also the ping would ruin most of my games if i had to.

1 Like

Here it is.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/675089838541766666/801998623817596950/2021-01-17_15.26.05_Volskaya_Foundry.StormReplay

1 Like

Don’t hesitate using your ult when Ming is around. It’s your only kill pressure pre late game. Tracer won’t do much vs that team comp. Rotate more on equal talent tier to your team. The first rotation bot was good, but only to catch the wave, not the second one. Don’t int the Triglav, you have a lot of time to use it. Watch your mini-map more often. Simply put and not focusing on the others, your team didn’t had a tank player.
I’d recommend you to watch Leonblack. He cares about soak a lot, but his rotations and kill pressure knowledge are the best.

2 Likes

I wish you were on the US server Froggy. sad Brightwing face emoji I can’t post

1 Like

5 man gorge-portal (probably smurf) team wrecks us, we manage to drag it out until 20 (a real accomplishment), and the game decides -253 MMR is fair. They had a player who was a full division and a half above everyone on our team but does that matter? Nope.

2 Likes

THIS.IS.WHY.I.HATE.QM.AND.PEOPLE

Map: Towers of Doom

https://ibb.co/GF7SKhd
  • KT literally has no damage, lower than the healer
  • Quira, Hanzo and KT DID NOT GO TO ANY OBJECTIVES!
  • Hanzo blaming me for “feeding” when he was at two deaths and I was at 1
  • TEAM DID NOT EVEN GO TO ANY OBJECTIVES!!!
  • Quira, Hanzo and KT always team fighting, when we were lvl 8, they were 10 and they continued to fight!!!

Seriously the whole team except anduin was so bad, it self worst than a bronze 5 player. LOWER THAN BRONZE 5.

I can not fathom how much they wouldn’t even get an objective.

The game ended in 12 minutes!!! THATS HOW BAD IT WAS!!!

Score was 40 - 0… FIRST DAMN GAME IN TOWERS OF DOOM HAVE MY TEAM GOT ZERO OBJECTIVES!!! ZERO!!! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!!!

I AM RAGING RIGHT NOW… BUT THIS GROUP (EXCEPT ANDUIN) WAS SO DUMB… LITERALLY DUMB…

I.NEVER.THOUGHT.A.TEAM.CAN.BE.THIS.DUMB.EXCEPT.ANDUIN

1 Like

Welcome to the club!
Fortunately my last ToD 40-0 has been our win.
I can feel you, I suppose you feel the same way I often do.
How did MM think these people belong in the same match, is the puzzle.

Lmk when you get to gold

I dont understand how MM would team me up with them, then again MM can’t matchmake people’s logic right?

I’m gold 2 or 1 I believe. Even when solo playing ranked, to me it feels like QM too.

Just being a solo player is depressing but I like to get in and out of the game.

I mean I guess we can team up. You’re a ranged assassin main and that conflicts with my main role so might be hard

2 game losing streak so i lock ana. Enemies draft qhira, yrel, and gazlowe. Still never killed me.

Ana is still very strong even after nerfs

16 and 6 this season

2 Likes

You beat gazno… must have been horribad enemy team

Nah i just dont lose as ana

Also her stun removal at 13 negates gazlowe

1 Like

SSsshhh! Now you told Tooton the secret weapon to victory!!!11? :joy:

1 Like