Salt Mines - Deposit all your anger here!

Problem is that in most lower ranked games everyone thinks theyre the gm mmr. You should definitely know at least 1-2 heroes in every main role. Ideally youre only ever playing your main but its alot better for your team if you have sunk 5-7 levels in muradin so you can tank in the worst case scenerio that you need to be.

Im a horrible tank. Outside of queuing with a friend ill avoid the role. But if we get 4 people who are like me ive got a 52% winrate johanna in my pocket. Knowing other roles helps you get better at the game and increases your understanding of their counters. Thats why when i say ppl should know how to flex i dont mean you quietly accept whatever role in draft, but that if the team needs a tank and you’re the only one left that you can play it semi-competently.

3 Likes

Very true, worst case scenario in lower MMR, the draft descends into anarchy and 4 or 5 people lock assassin. Not saying it’s unwinnable but most of these games end very early, and not in favor of the team with no tank + no heal.

1 Like

Maybe if tanks were either more fun or better hots wouldn’t have this problem

Or a philosophical design shift (devs AND playerbase) where preferred roles actually do something in ranked

I could heal and win if everyone on my team knows what they’re doing.

But I can’t count on winning the lottery. And I know I’m a bad healer. My life is miserable when I play against a WM, but if I play her, I can’t get anything done.

That moment when you figure out the reason you’re getting in game trouble is because your god damn family that don’t understand how online games work.

damnit I can’t wait until I live alone.

2 Likes

Most of the time people say they can’t heal because it’s boring, or they can’t carry, not because it’s too hard.

Healing is the easiest role in the game.

You mean they want to communicate with you?

I don’t think there is an easiest role in the game. People can fail at anything.

My last SL game, I had an Alextraza show up by herself to try and take the beacon. Free kill, free Last rites stack.

Something like that, fact of the matter is I end up getting reported as AFK because every tiny thing they can think of that isn’t at all urgent gets me summoned.

Ideally you could tell your parents that your gaming sessions last 30 minutes, you are happy to oblige but please let you finish them. As in, trade, agree.
I had awkward parenting but often it’s mostly a power play (or mismanagement). If you stand up for yourself, it often works. Just saying this because many parents come up with “you live here, so you do what we say” meaning you’re their literal slave / employee.

I hardly report anyone for AFK but you know there forums…

1 Like

Opposite in my experience. Real life > games when it comes to helping out

And have you ever had “helping out” be such a common occurance that you’re getting in game suspensions and the threat of a ban over them?

No?

Then buzz off.

You can’t get banned for afking as far as I know. You just get multiple leavers. Since you’re rude maybe it’s karma coming back

If you have to do a ton of chores then maybe you either wait until it’s late so your parents can’t tell you what to do, or you just wait until you move out

Nonparticipation is ltierally both in the reporting section and the reason I got suspended
So yes you can in fact be banned for inactivity that’s literally the definition of AFK/ NOnparticipation

1 Like

So this is the situation:

We lost 1 and lost the tribute which gave enemy curse. The best thing for us was for me to gust them away while we run to our base and just def 4 v 5. Our lanes were really pushed so mid and top wouldn’t be a problem that soon.

What happened? I just E away and left, while my team manages to get caught 3 v 5 around the same area!!! AND THEY ALL SAID IN CHAT IT WAS ALL MY FAULT, THE GUST WAS HORRIBLE AND THEY WOULD ALL REPORT ME CAUSE THEY KNOW THE REPORT SYSTEM IS EASILY EXPLOITED AND THEY WANTED ME BANNED!!!

Blizzard I hope you punish these people for false reporting me.

4 Likes

One game I pinged boss, everyone was really close, enemy had 2 deaths on revive timer, I go there, I get it down to half health solo, people literally wandered by to lane, nobody helped, at the end I say tag it once so reinforcements can finish it as I walk off and hearth back with like 150 hp left.

Nobody tags it, nobody finishes it. Was terrible.
Happened again later in the game too but at least Auriel tried to help, I kind of yelled at them for that, then they basically made it known they didn’t like me and that’s why they did that.

Some people have fuzzy, broken brains. Yikes.

4 Likes

Sounds like normal for bronze elo if it was bronze elo

I know that feeling… one game I can remember it like it were yesterday. We played on cursed hollow, we got the second tribute and could disturb and kill 3 out of 5 enemys at their big camp. I pinged for boss, all come, except our Qhira. We were almost finishing, but my team got distracted and enemys comes after they revived and got the boss for free while killing us. Sometimes it could be so easy, if people pay attention, but some people don’t want easy games. :joy:

So I just finished a match and I’m just wondering why people have to be so toxic. I’m still learning Genji and I mean I’m doing okay at best. I enter this match and at the very beginning of the game I get called trash because I couldn’t finish off a Samuro that was cloaked. Throughout the game, I just kept getting picked on by this Azmodan who I guess had nothing better to do than to tell me I’m a bad player.

I think I did okay. I had a little less than 60k damage, 3 deaths, and 7 kills vs an Alarak, D.Va, Li Ming, Stitches, and Samuro. I know I could have done better but I don’t think I played poorly enough to be considered trash. The Azmodan even died more than I did and I feel like playing a dive hero against Alarak is bad business because of how much he can punish me, but okay.

I know I shouldn’t let things like this bother me but I just don’t know why he got off on being like that.

Okay… rant over.

2 Likes

How do they get caught up in that? Gul’dan is the only one I could see in potential danger, Muradin has his leap anyways and Haymaker plus a healthy amount of HP. Anduin could easily pull Gul’dan out of harms way if his CD is up. But otherwise, it should have been an easy escape at that point since at least yourself and Anduin should be out of harms way, and Anduin has no business staying in without any mana left. Gul’dan is just sorta screwed over picking the most static build against two CC heavy heroes… Did they opt to engage despite the very obvious disadvantage?

Pretty sure that’s what happened.