Reviving Heroes of the Storm

It feels like a waste of time and effort to think of new ideals to “save” the game when ActiBlizz firmly stated they are not going to deal with this game too much anymore and to emphasize the point they let go of the dev team.

Can you image a doctor calling time of death, cutting the patient’s head off and stabbing the body in the chest with a knife and then a nurse raises her hand and says “You know if we pull the knife out that could fix the problem”

That’s how it feels to me every time someone comes around talking about improving the game or making it popular. You have the rights to makes your topics and share your ideal but OP is getting worked up over a corpse just about.

I don’t know if you keep up with company stocks but ActiBlizzard is at an all time high it’s not like they need this game to be a big hit or anything.

We should be thankful the game isn’t completely shut down and not be rude to each other over silly ideals.

7 Likes

You really want to totally kill HotS and you don’t know how to.

1 Like

who? hots is already dead, only hope is if vicarious visions (the guys who replaced team 1) remakes hots after they done with d2. remakes seems to be what they good at

Lmao, I really love this guy. You read his stuff and instead of getting to the point he puts so much effort trying to sound like intellectual by adding a lot unnecessary words. Little does he know, he’s a narcissists and simply disguises it.

Perhaps posing like you’re omniscient isn’t the best approach to go. Take a look back at your ideas and understand that they may not be as good as you think they are.

If a discussion is what you wish to have, then act like you want one. Instead all you do is bash anybody who says no, even when they’re adding to the discussion and keeping it civil.

And if you’re going to attempt at acting like you’re more intelligent than us, try to avoid simple fallacies.

5 Likes

Written off.

Have you seen what’s happening with GameStop? Some people have higher callings than r/wallstreetbets. It’s not a matter of need, it’s a matter of passion and pride, things all of you here have nothing of.

How would you know what is a silly idea? All you did was bring up the parent company’s stock price. You’re calling me silly? You should be thankful there are moderators I need to be mindful of.

:slight_smile:

So are you going to write anything actual or are you just going to run your mouth and run away? By all means, enlighten me.

Lol, to run away would mean you’re a threat. For you to be a threat would mean you’d have to be hostile towards me and within reach. You’re neither of those. Why somebody like yourself would choose these words? I don’t know or care…

I believe what you wish me to do is be add towards the topic at which you’ve created. You’ve also showed us that you don’t want criticism of any kind. You just want validation, and if we don’t acquiesce to your superiority, you’ll lash out and “invalidate” us by finding some “insult” to soothe your ego. I’m not interested in participating in this.

It’s hard to have discussions if you’re not interested in discussing (at least that how it looks right now.) I can understand not liking somebody flat out telling you “no” and then not elaborate when you put a lot of thought in this. But when they do elaborate and your response is simply “you just can’t/don’t comprehend because you’re an idiot” (I’m paraphrasing) You’re basically shutting down any conversation left to be had. Not because you’re right, but because you’re turning it in to a heated personal debate all because you want to protect your ego by being right.

I do not believe that this was your intended goal, but you let you’re emotions get the better of you. I do hope you continue to have ideas and continue putting them out there, because having an idea is better than nothing at all. Just avoid being so petulant when somebody disagrees with that idea or believes an alternative route would be better.

TLDR; No, I will not be participating in this conversation.

2 Likes

Could’ve just written this from the beginning. Not sure what compulsion is driving you toward a psychological diagnosis as opposed to commenting on-topic. All you’re doing is reinforcing my observation regarding the bottom of the barrel remaining and general decay. It’s kind of funny the things people resort to to defend themselves. You really think you’re getting to me by questioning my motive as opposed to my reasoning. You must think I’m weak and stupid.

The good things about this game are being wasted, and they are significant.

I think anyone capable of following these discussions can tell on which side the elaboration lies and whether my ego is fragile or quite the opposite.

Ends with a futile and markedly pathetic attempt at condescension. :wink: It’s unfortunate the moderators deleted so much of the conversations that had unfolded.

The childishness is remarkable. A variety of defense mechanisms.

Hmm :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm, what? lol Hey, I’ll take a free wannabe psychologists session. The real stuff is very expensive and yields no real or imagined insights. Might as well enjoy ourselves.

Despite it being one of your shortest posts, this one alone tells more than the rest combined.

4 Likes

Go on. I think we’re on the verge of a substantive breakthrough.

I mean, you might as well have just made a post that said “I’m 16,” which would also explain the rest of your posts that sound a little like you have a hand-picked anime gif of some boy posing menacingly matched up to each. Complete with a theme song.

It ain’t a cute look, queen.

2 Likes

I’m turning 32. How about you? Still haven’t seen a single relevant comment from you. Bizarre.

I don’t understand what you want. You want me to go into Blizz HQ and program these changes myself?

Hmm. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yanno what, we’ve determined you’re out here to grind an axe against people. I truly am sorry you’re miserable enough to wage a 100-post long thread of ad hominem, but I do hope you figure things out.

7 Likes

Utterly fascinating!

So basically you want to introduce something that performs the function of level 1 talents?

So basically like Blaze’s level 1 talents?

Theories on what may work sound fine. The idea you’ve created sounds like a compelling and meaningful choice for a player to make.

However, when you release your ideas in practice, you’ll find that Blaze’s unstoppable talent gets picked 77% of the time.

2 Likes

There’s only so much that can be done. Naturally there are similarities. Even adding controllable companions or fifth abilities - more difficult ideas to develop and implement - will suggest some sort of overlap. That’s just gaming.

I don’t mind certain powers being commonly selected, especially when looking at particular roles. After all, there is an active set of four. Hopefully there is significant competition between the powers, perhaps with different approaches. Adjustments are also in play.

1 Like

The majority of us know this, but the denial from the few is quite amazing. One of the people who replied corrected your grammar, rather than concede you are correct that brawls were written off.

It’s wonderful people are filled with so much enthusiasm and passion for HOTS, but they have to temper that with reality. I’ve had some really heated arguments from people here denying that HOTS is in maintenance mode or denying Brawls have been removed because they were too costly. Even when I sent them the links to prove this is the case, they will abuse me and deny reality and say I’m a HOTS hater. That last part is amusing I’ll admit!

There is no shortage of great ideas on how to improve the game, daily on the forums. If nobody is listening and there are no resources to put those ideas into action, people have to accept the situation or be sorely disappointed.

3 Likes