Reviving Heroes of the Storm

Deep within the muddy bowels of Oxford, of course. You would realize this immediately upon seeing me grasp my teacup, as I have spent many decades perfecting my pinky-lift.

2 Likes

I went to Yale. Uncouth for someone of my origin, but effective at learning the rudementary of noble English.

Curse me this day, Queen Elizabeth! My share of hearts is shruken to no more.

2 Likes

Itā€™s rudimentary, and itā€™s not a noun.

I can get any hero with a month of playing or less. HOTS does not a Blockbuster service with v-bucks.

2 Likes

You perhaps could, but the millions of gamers who are above you on the bell curve have greater demands. Weā€™re trying to build a bigger tent here, you see. You might not need the service - which is perfectly fine - but you certainly donā€™t speak generally. Itā€™s nothing to you whether there are options for others.

What makes me different? Also you donā€™t speak for millions of gamers.

Renting services failed for a reason. Which falls apart because your v-bucks have no value and gold is easily farmable.

1 Like

I am not shocked.

I remembers that about Heroes of the Storm launch date that small group of the fans visiting in London talks to Visitors about Abathur models & skins that would see about these designed by Mrā€“Jack.

Because at the time NewsCenter reunion were focus on New World Stations about these history of network TV switches (fans seeing about Heroes of the Storm in Metacritic about game-rated). most of these New World stations were under 13 (St. Louis Channel 2 to Phoenix Channel 10), the only stations that above 13 they are: Tampa-St. Petersburg Channel 13 & San Diego Channel 39. at the time of Heroes launch day, the fans visiting first episode though Dallas-Ft. Worth (Vintage from KDFW News 4 Texas in 1995-1996) that didnā€™t see enough, though Abathur will be main key presentation since Mengsk was not confirmed yet.

The moba market is already saturated with one major moba (LoL)

I can just imagine the snowball nightmare of someone like Valla taking bonus AA damage or speed buff and 4 shot you like in League or DotA.

1 Like

Your topic and this post just screams ego without putting concerns or risks and then wonders why people dislike it, as a game designer and a game dev myself working on Unity and Unreal your idea has a lot of issues that would actually struggle and would significantly change the game more than it needs to or just unnecessary micro transactions that is questionable.

There are decent ideas that can be brainstormed by the minute but youā€™re pretty much going to resurrect a system similar to Artifact that was from the start disliked badly that it was removed in 2 weeks, so what exactly was the point of that section entirely? You canā€™t just make a game design so similar to a poorly disliked one unless you change many things that it doesnā€™t look similar to it, which unfortunately did not.

8 Likes

The main post is confusing in this regard but make no mistakes ppl, @Op is just a sad troll.

2 Likes

Dang, the forces of law and order even broke up the crumpets and tea party. D: The thread probably reads disjointedly now but itā€™s not like anyone reads anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

So Iā€™ve played several games in addition to watching a little bit of ā€œproā€ play as Iā€™m half-heartedly trying to get back into the swing of things. Fundamentally what this game lacks is affording players a sense of pride and gratification. Winning is not enough. When you play Heroes of the Storm most of the time you subconsciously know you donā€™t do anything impressive or ā€œcoolā€. I think this is what earns HotS the casual label and subverts its playerbase. A few supporters remain but the decay is obvious. The outplay potential is low and boring, which is ironic for a game that is intended to emphasize pvp interaction. That needs to change or this game will never get off life-support.

Again. The premise of the game was flawed and people just canā€™t admit it. Solo carrying = solo outplays. Lack of solo outplays (damage is generally reduced to prevent this) means less individual power. Less individual power means more feelings of helplessness at the expense of everyone being carebears and saying we win or lose as a team :trumpet:

1 Like

Late to the party, it seems (and oh my, what a party), but I do believe a sort of Battle Pass or Booster++ could work.

But adding yet another currency? No, thatā€™s not the way. I get the idea behind it, but it seems completely unneeded to have it like that. It could simply be a sort of a specific Hero Boost, that had two different uses - with only one of them being possible at once:

• Make the Hero available to Play.
  • Further Boost Experience and Gold gains from playing this specific Hero.

That way, itā€™d be useful for both New and Veteran players. On top of that, Iā€™d consider making it last a certain amount of games, rather than a period of time.

Sure, it would still be another ā€œcurrencyā€ to be managed, but youā€™d have more control of how and when to use it, it would be more distinguishable from the others, and the purpose more clear.

Just spitballing here.

In either case, Iā€™m sure a lot of interest could be brought back to the game, which - in turn - could potentially warrant an increase of the Heroes team. A lot could be done with minimal effort, for starters.

Just because there are no power level snowballing carries doesnā€™t mean there is no room in the game for outplaying. A made-up aspect of other MOBAs doesnā€™t change the whole of gaming. You could argue the way carries work in those games outplay is reduced as runaway stats rather than individual play explain an engagement outcome. The problem with HotS is that it keeps the entirety of the game too simple and casual limiting the outplay margin. Players need to be challenged and need to have the tools for an outplay margin.

It continues to amuse me how people claim to understand an idea while showing no understanding of it. The primary purpose is to have large portions of the hero pool available to players at manageable prices. This is not an idea aimed at veteran players, and least of all is it aimed at individual heroes.

Despite the fact that you have no clue on how to play the game intelligently and that you seem to convinced yourself that itā€™s an easy game, what could be interesting to know is comparing the MMR curve from different mobas.

In Hots, it goes like this:

• Bronze: 7%
  • Silver: 35%
  • Gold: 35%
  • Platinum: 15%
  • Diamond: 7%
  • Master: 1%

In Dota, thereā€™s more Immortal fraction than thereā€™s Master fraction in Hots.

From heroesprofile, the MMR height of hots master players represent roughly 3323/2952 - 1 = 13%
From esportstales, the MMR height of Immortal players represent roughly 5420/4620 - 1 = 17%
While both of them have around the same height, thereā€™s 70% more of the highest MMR players in term of fraction in dota (1.7%) than there is in Hots (1%), meaning that itā€™s actually harder to master Hots.

Like one said:

DotA is the hardest to learn, but the easiest to master. HotS is exactly the other way round.

2 Likes

Lol, why are you comparing how different MOBAs break down their divisions? One, it says nothing about how the gameplay compares. Two, division boundaries are arbitrary and largely meaningless. Itā€™s no coincidence youā€™re the same poster who ludicrously misunderstands relativity. Blatant kid logic.

The height of delusion. HotS wasnā€™t abandoned because it ended up being too difficult for gamers. People left it because it turned out to be too boring. Itā€™s insane to portray it as the ideal MOBA, and the proof is in its failure despite the exceptional marketing and support Blizzard put behind it.

xddddddddddd :laughing:

1 Like

You find that funny? I find it funny that you think people left it because they discovered itā€™s the most difficult MOBA and couldnā€™t handle the mental strain. Iā€™m sure it has something to do with the countless possibilities.