Reviving Heroes of the Storm

Ironic considering how notorious the number one and number two MOBAs have been in this respect. You sure HotS beats out Smite, by the way?

Yes, because people are so stupid to not see that 95% of the roster, skins, sprays, voice lines, banners, are unavailable to them unless to do something to earn them in a Free to play game.

No one is arguing this. It is the truth.

Hilariously, you don’t know what sheep means since you obviously used it in the wrong context.

You are funny to think you can “educate” on this when in no point you said you’d replace one monetary system for an other. So one is to assume you want all this predatory stuff in the game, and that is truly stupid.

Remember the part where your ideas are terrible and that you’re late to the party? It is too late to change how the game makes money, and it will never change, because you explained it with this statement:

Corporate won’t suddenly have a heart to remove all this and just hand it to us for a flat rate.

Again, you address nothing but boast that you know something I don’t. Stop trolling.

1 Like

I’m sure it did the last time I checked.

1 Like

What makes you think it has a low skill ceiling? Have you ever been a Grand Master?
On another argument, in a tournament currently happening (CCL), one of the hardest hero to master (Medivh) is at 68.42% win rate, while the easiest (Raynor) is at 31.25%.

2 Likes

I’m not proposing the removal of anything. I’m proposing making the game’s gameplay content accessible at a reasonable rate. Don’t accuse me of trolling as a last resort.

That calls for a celebration! Maybe a change of motto: “Blizzard Entertainment, Bringing up the Rear of the Top Tier”

It’s relative. There’s a reason why you select few HotS initiates are the only ones who believe whatever it is you believe with respect to this game’s depth, challenge, and skill emphasis. The proof is in the pudding here.

Well, I can’t see what you wrote because too many people flagged it.

So this discussion seems over. I would advise you either stop or change the tone before you get banned.

2 Likes

Here you go:

Free to play games are bait-and-switch games, arguably the most predatory types of games. That’s why people made them and why they have proven lucrative. You come to an inviting game that doesn’t charge you anything, eventually you see how much you’re missing out on, for which you are then charged through the nose. Making a statement such as this one,

is indicative of not only misunderstanding the business model but having a fundamental misunderstanding of loot boxes and this “cash shop”. In other words, you’re a sheep. Sheep are good from a business perspective, but catering your business entirely to sheep makes you as pathetic as them.

As I pointed, this is the same argument I heard years ago before the existence of gems and shards. You’ll cope. After all, no one is making you buy anything.

Good level to operate on.

Go ahead and pull something from the void factoring in practical constraints. What you also don’t appreciate is that there are fundamental elements to these games that are transcended by lazy non-thinkers like you least of all. Go ahead and propose a serious idea.

What I imagine are counterplays. You are well within your right to always pick cooldown reduction on Anubarak and Uther. In fact, you can pick two cooldown reduction powers.

Genius. Send your best pigeon with the urgent message. That cave you’ve lived in for the past five years has led you to a great insight into what ails the game.

Once more I point out that this is the sort of person still playing this game. If I were in Blizzard’s shoes I would be depressed and embarrassed.

And a proportional failure.

The word you’re looking for is advertisement. Adversity is what your brain is experiencing.

The conundrum of our times.

Relative to whom? The average QM player or the top MMR players in SL?
Because, I’m sure as heck that won’t make any use of the average QM player’s opinion.

1 Like

Relative to the people playing this game… o my goodness. By the way, you misunderstand what Medivh and Raynor win rates signify. I recall them being quite different at different points in time. Medivh and Raynor are also themselves relative. Again, you people just look for any excuse you can find.

I assumed correctly. Just to be clear: I’m not defending HOTS’ monetary systems in the least. I just think your idea is just as bad, out of touch, and too late.

I already answered this. But you said

Last resort to what? So far you’re winning with the insults.

1 Like

Started reading the post without the poster. As I tried to get through it, I got increasingly annoyed at the slight arrogance in the contextual commentary and absurdity of the ideas, with touches of zombie ideas from the old forums. Then I saw the poster name, and suddenly made perfect sense.

5 Likes

Want a serious idea? Sure thing:

A way better matchmaking and reporting system. The matchmaking is one of the main reasons why this game died. The gap between players’ skill-rating in each match is way too much.

Why nobody mention PvE content for Heroes of The Storm? I’d love to play that even if I have to pay but this game is just abandoned just like War3 Reforged makes me so sad :frowning:

Because it’s really inefficient type of content. Relative to the effort it takes people don’t play it for long (although Blizzard is well versed in gimmicks to stretch this out), whereas the PvP content runs blissfully on repeat. Some of the shooting games strike me as among the easiest to make, yet look at how persistent they are.

There is a community that doesn’t like shooting genre. We just hate it, we just want PvE content but yeah we no longer valued clients. We’re just currency units…

There were Escape from Braxis and Dead Man’s Stand. Unfortunately, since Brawls have been replaced with ARAM, we will probably never see those PvE modes again.

5 Likes

With a thread like this you surely not the latter.

1 Like

You are* surely not the latter. Never claimed I was, though by the thread a reasonable person wouldn’t be able to surmise. Keep in mind the actual game developers were the ones with the artifact idea that has sullied any new ideas that could be superficially compared to it. But there is such a thing as a developer mentality. While many of you are scared crapless of any significant new ideas or are indifferent some are excited and up for a challenge. Unfortunately this game has undergone such a retreat from better times there’s not a single person left on this forum to have a worthwhile discussion with. This is not coincidental. It’s partly what I meant when I wrote that only the bottom-dwellers are left. They’re organizing a tea and crumpets party in a constructive thread. But I enjoy toying with bottom-dwellers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey look a reason to flag the thread! <3 thanks buddy!

5 Likes

My word, where did you both study? Your English is most desirable.

2 Likes