Reviving Heroes of the Storm

Yanno what, we’ve determined you’re out here to grind an axe against people. I truly am sorry you’re miserable enough to wage a 100-post long thread of ad hominem, but I do hope you figure things out.

7 Likes

Utterly fascinating!

So basically you want to introduce something that performs the function of level 1 talents?

So basically like Blaze’s level 1 talents?

Theories on what may work sound fine. The idea you’ve created sounds like a compelling and meaningful choice for a player to make.

However, when you release your ideas in practice, you’ll find that Blaze’s unstoppable talent gets picked 77% of the time.

2 Likes

There’s only so much that can be done. Naturally there are similarities. Even adding controllable companions or fifth abilities - more difficult ideas to develop and implement - will suggest some sort of overlap. That’s just gaming.

I don’t mind certain powers being commonly selected, especially when looking at particular roles. After all, there is an active set of four. Hopefully there is significant competition between the powers, perhaps with different approaches. Adjustments are also in play.

1 Like

The majority of us know this, but the denial from the few is quite amazing. One of the people who replied corrected your grammar, rather than concede you are correct that brawls were written off.

It’s wonderful people are filled with so much enthusiasm and passion for HOTS, but they have to temper that with reality. I’ve had some really heated arguments from people here denying that HOTS is in maintenance mode or denying Brawls have been removed because they were too costly. Even when I sent them the links to prove this is the case, they will abuse me and deny reality and say I’m a HOTS hater. That last part is amusing I’ll admit!

There is no shortage of great ideas on how to improve the game, daily on the forums. If nobody is listening and there are no resources to put those ideas into action, people have to accept the situation or be sorely disappointed.

3 Likes

I corrected his misspelling of brawls being written off not as a denial but out of annoyance having to read yet another off-topic post. I’m more of a “hater” than all of you combined and recently received the distinction of being called the most negative poster on a gaming forum by someone who claims to have twenty years of experience. Accordingly, I’m a blanket hater of this community’s so-called ideas. Like other gaming communities you’re largely aimless. Case in point, there’s not much to be done about matchmaking. The population is low, be thankful you still find the game playable without waiting for ten minutes.

None of you have great ideas - that’s part of the problem. The developers don’t either and unsurprisingly you can’t pressure them.

No one in this game understands where to look to at least try to unlock the potential of this game. No one has a sense for the big picture. Everyone looks at Heroes of the Storm through the narrow lens of their own experience. That’s why an obviously valuable change like giving players access to virtually as many heroes as they want of their own choice at an affordable rate doubling as an ownership payment flies over your heads at the same time some of you complain the game can’t make money. The Blizzard people with their noses buried in “the industry literature” can’t come up with a decent deal for players, instead they introduce loot boxes that they fill with sprays, banners, portraits, who knows what else, and they broke down skins into three separate versions while apparently greatly limiting the incidence of the more valuable and desirable items in these loot boxes. Some spreadsheet told them they did alright the same way a spreadsheet told them they had success with the anomalies.

It’s embarrassing. Between the people behind the scenes who get paid to have ideas and the people here and on reddit who have been sinking with the ship you can’t scrape together half a brain and one ball.

How does no one understand that brawls, balance, matchmaking, anomalies, advertisement, and every God-forsaken thing you people talk about has no effect on the direction of the game? This game needs a core change to engage players, not just another gripe or minor idea. Otherwise it will remain in the scrap heap its own company put it in. Everyone knew the game was declining.

By the way, who remembers they might have been working on Guilds? The community liked that idea! A lot of people were optimistic about the future of the game until what should have been common sense reared its ugly head. This game is not good enough; it needs change. It has promising elements but it’s not pushed forward.

Oh that’s right, you’re that guy. The one who says everyone here and the Devs have bad ideas… I gather all of your ideas are marvels to behold?

Ohh, I’ve proposed that idea many times. By your reasoning it must be a bad idea.

What really, you’re going to complain about Loot Boxes? I mean, if they gave away the roster as you suggested, would you also want all cosmetics free too? Also many of us have suggested that the roster should be more easily obtained by new players. Including me! Another bad idea I guess.

Many of us here, including me have suggested guilds multiple times.

3 Likes

I’m at a loss of non-profane words.

rubs head in despair

I mean it’s laughable, but if I’m the only one who gets it that’s… really bad. Obviously explains everything.

What’s the point of this comment?

First post I wholeheartedly agree with. Go, BattleTag, spread my word. You have a role too.

Oh my God the bait :rofl:
You absolute fool you took the bait

Damn this troll is getting fat. Why don’t you guys stop feeding it? I mean it’s bad for everything and everyone involved.

3 Likes
1 Like

An animated movie - never would’ve guessed it. Who’s into anime?

I totally miss the days of HOH, at least she was colorful!

1 Like

I didn’t care for HOH’s posts. I would rather have HOH than this one, or any try hard troll.

1 Like

Lol, did you just call me “a low effort” troll? :rofl:

Eh, you’re kind of a lolcow.

2 Likes

At least you finally admit you are one.